What's new

What would you do if tiers were swapped?

CL_ZBFD

Sr Saurio
I'd still play Impostor, as I guess he'd end up mid tier, sort of where he is now. Having a top tier Necromancer would be great and a lot of fun.. squash that bastard...

Kenshi... dear Kenshi... would be let back in, currently he's not allowed in the house.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
I'd still play mid-tier quan because nothing would change :DOGE

I really wouldn't change any of my characters in seriousness though. I don't play for tiers, I play because I have fun with the characters.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
In a game where offense is so strong, so much damage is dealt by most characters, and every character has ways of opening people up for the most part(Mileena does), it's very unlikely that any characters are lower than A tier.

Assuming that i'm a sheep, well, okay. That's just an assumption that you've based off of nothing.
That boils sown to how you define tiers. For example, GG players happily place Potemkin into D tier, while pointing out that he is not weak, but has some bad matchups - and then add that unless you are Japanese pro player competing with Japanese pro players, you probably won't be able to tell.

On topic - that would mean NRS did something along the lines of Ruthless F/T becoming literally bane and/or that there will be no gaps between strings and monkey toss :p

So Kotal Kan would go back to pre-patch status. I can live with that since I used him from day 1.

Goodbye shinnok, hello Ermac!

......if that ever happens

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
If the roster was flipped, Kung Jin would be closer to bottom tier, but since I love the guy, I'd still main him.

The upside is that we'd see a crap ton of Jasons, Mileenas, Kenshis, and Goros wrecking in tournaments.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
No one with the "Tanya kobu Jutsu" mood changer has answered this thread. So I will for them.

"I'd drop Tanya and pick another top tier character".

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Still play Raiden because he's mid tier as fuck and he still would be. I wouldn't have him any other way.

Tweedy

Noob
No one with the "Tanya kobu Jutsu" mood changer has answered this thread. So I will for them.

"I'd drop Tanya and pick another top tier character".
Is there anything wrong with that? lol

The people who complain about tier whores, or character choice in general, are just one or two steps up on the totem pole from people who cry in youtube comments about Sonicfox spamming combos.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Is there anything wrong with that? lol

The people who complain about tier whores, or character choice in general, are just one or two steps up on the totem pole from people who cry in youtube comments about Sonicfox spamming combos.

How so? Please explain that to me, I personally play fighting games for the characters I like.

Tier whoring is an option, sure, but it definitely isn't a respectable one IMO. I feel just hopping from one top tier to another doesn't teach fundamental game play. Also, the player isn't challenging themself by simply picking the best because its the best. We're supposed to play games for fun right?

It's whatever though, everyone has their own opinions.