What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao What would kung lao require in KP2?

Just fix some of his strings. Honestly, most of his stuff are so minus I could t-bag for 69 seconds and still punish him.
So... my opinion would be.
F1,4 should be -5 on block
B2 to have 16f start up
B3,2,1 recovery speed increased
Standing 4 start up in 12f
Then all the changes from the beta are acceptable.

Yak

Noob
When you say none i assume you mean tempest? So basically what you think buzzsaw and hattrick need?
buzz saw is fine imo, and tempest is still good, hat trick I'm assuming might need a buff I don't know anything about that variation tbh.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sorry my character isn't perfect and flawless like yours.
As long as you kitana players play kitana she will never be perfect or flawless.

I hate kitana and the entire kitana community, their are so spoiled just as kitana is and like to lurk around and express how they feel about ppl, just the same way kitana does in game introductions,even if no one asked them to, lmao.

And this is entirely funny because you actually think swift is serious about it haha.

gam224

The world's least hype player
As long as you kitana players play kitana she will never be perfect or flawless.

I hate kitana and the entire kitana community, their are so spoiled just as kitana is and like to lurk around and express how they feel about ppl, just the same way kitana does in game introductions,even if no one asked them to, lmao.

And this is entirely funny because you actually think swift is serious about it haha.
"I hate kitana and the entire kitana community" good to see a clear lack of bias lol. Everybody has it out for us kitanas because of a few wing nuts . Isis doesn't really represent Islam so don't fall under the false accusation that we all want ex up fans to be +12 and f2 should be an overhead. Perhaps being around all these idiots in the kit forums has made me believe people are serious w/ their buff suggestions .

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
"I hate kitana and the entire kitana community" good to see a clear lack of bias lol. Everybody has it out for us kitanas because of a few wing nuts . Isis doesn't really represent Islam so don't fall under the false accusation that we all want ex up fans to be +12 and f2 should be an overhead. Perhaps being around all these idiots in the kit forums has made me believe people are serious w/ their buff suggestions .
Kung needs an air dash

Carl

Noob
Better walk back speed, safer F21, 7f standing 1, a way to get meterless damage from B321 in hat trick and buzzsaw
My friend you put it all together i was kinda worried to say make f23 safer as people might crucify me loll.
Well foxy i agree with the walk speed especially. And have you noticed in buzzsaw on some stages where the hat reaches the end of the stage it doesnt spawn a new hat straight away?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The worst part is that some of them were listened lol.

Day 1: " who did this, why doesn't kitana do d1 with her fan like mk9?"

Post nerf: "why did colt nerfed her, now she only does 40% damage for a bar"

Mean while some characters I play have to use 2 bars to reach this mark.

Thank god your're not among them, gotta suck when the forum antagonizes a community and think the entire group is made of bad apples.

For example, every single member that is not from the Kung Lao community thinks every Kung Lao player plays tempest, Hat Trick is perfectly balanced, and buzz saw is fine. Lmao.

Carl

Noob
Can't speak for buzzsaw, but hat trick and tempest are completely fine imo. All hat trick needs is a few inconsistencies ironing out but the base character is great.
Ok can you please tell me how buzzsaw and tempest are fine? what is fine about the exhat becoming +7 ?

Carl

Noob
The worst part is that some of them were listened lol.

Day 1: " who did this, why doesn't kitana do d1 with her fan like mk9?"

Post nerf: "why did colt nerfed her, now she only does 40% damage for a bar"

Mean while some characters I play have to use 2 bars to reach this mark.

Thank god your're not among them, gotta suck when the forum antagonizes a community and think the entire group is made of bad apples.

For example, every single member that is not from the Kung Lao community thinks every Kung Lao player plays tempest, Hat Trick is perfectly balanced, and buzz saw is fine. Lmao.
Its funny how all the people who think lao is fine are either quan chi or jax mains lolll

Tweedy

Noob
Not sure how the +7 makes much difference to his pressure. +7 means that even a 6frame d1 shouldn't poke out of the pressure, so what is the problem?
F2 and D4 jailed, B321 was guaranteed unless they armored or backdashed, 11 could somewhat jail and basically option selected backdashes.

Sure, F2 and D4 still need to be respected, but they can be armored or backdashed, and if you get hit by them, they don't lead to anything besides some hit advantage. The EX hat mind game just isn't nearly as advantageous.

Basically any character in the game with an 8 frame move or better, aka every character in the game, can beat Lao's main two blockstrings, 112124, and b321, after EX Hat.

I think it's hard for people to grasp if they don't play the character. I understand seeing a loss of 5 frames and saying "lol 5 frames bruh what the", but in reality those 5 frames took EX hat from being one of the most advantageous mind games, in the entire game, to being not worth doing.

The character is still good. Probably upper mid tier, maybe mid tier if the DLC boyz are all top tier. Doesn't need any changes, besides some fixes to B12 and his teleport.

Buzzsaw could use a little damage buff imo.

I'll leave Hat Trick suggestions to @Eddy Wang and @Fluffyfawn3713.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I only play buzz saw. But why is his regar hat negative 1 on hit?
His low ex hat should give more advantage on hit for corner combos.
His 11212 whiffs depending on stance on some crouching characters. That's it for me.
It always feels like his pressure ends after regular hat but maybe that's a flaw in my personal Game.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Buzz saw should be able to combo off of ex low hat in the corner.

Give hat trick lao 2 or 3 shaolin combo strings with pop up 1 or 2 normals etc. When he has hat trap active (when without hat) just imagine the creativity couple that with the hat call links @Eddy Wang suggests along with the general fixes he needs and hat trick would be sexy.

Carl

Noob
Buzz saw should be able to combo off of ex low hat in the corner.

Give hat trick lao 2 or 3 shaolin combo strings with pop up 1 or 2 normals etc. When he has hat trap active (when without hat) just imagine the creativity couple that with the hat call links @Eddy Wang suggests along with the general fixes he needs and hat trick would be sexy.

Mr swift lao can combo of the ex low hat in corner loll. the b22 ex low hat and hold. or do you say just normal ex low hat then combo into?
My dream buff would be stand 2 a mid.

Carl

Noob
I only play buzz saw. But why is his regar hat negative 1 on hit?
His low ex hat should give more advantage on hit for corner combos.
His 11212 whiffs depending on stance on some crouching characters. That's it for me.
It always feels like his pressure ends after regular hat but maybe that's a flaw in my personal Game.
As a lao main im offended you dont play tempest lmaoooooo.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Ok can you please tell me how buzzsaw and tempest are fine? what is fine about the exhat becoming +7 ?
Tempest can just walk back and whiff punish and pokes with B3 into full combo. He's probably not top tier anymore but it's not the end of the world.

Dunno about Buzzsaw but hat trick is good. He has some of the best corner pressure in the game. He could probably do with a fix or two but overall he's fine.

Carl

Noob
Normal ex low hat
Actually if you do it in midscreen and let the hat run and when it hits you do a s1 and into b32 spin that works as well.
I was thinking of another buff for hattrick where you can enhance the throw in teleport without using 2 bars.

Carl

Noob
Tempest can just walk back and whiff punish and pokes with B3 into full combo. He's probably not top tier anymore but it's not the end of the world.

Dunno about Buzzsaw but hat trick is good. He has some of the best corner pressure in the game. He could probably do with a fix or two but overall he's fine.
Ill be happy with some frame data adjustments like foxy was saying.
In the beta its just very annoying that i cannot be rewarded or continue my pressure for using the ex hat but as i hear the beta is 1 month old and some things are staying and some are going so i can barely contain my excitement for the friday balance cast.