What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao What would kung lao require in KP2?

Carl

Noob
Hello to all kung laoians.

I though i'd bring up a discussion in relation to the recent kung lao nerfs which some i agree and some i dont but yet again we may get something interesting in the coming days with kp2.

So i though to ask the community what buffs could kung lao use in either variation?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hat trick might be a lot more interesting in kp2, maybe his gameplay mechanic will be upgraded or reworked, I've waited this far, only a few more days before the patch notes kicks in, so I'm excited to see what the mad scientist has done to him.

If he gets to extend his juggles when the hat is behind him will be satisfactory enough for me aside from his small fixes.

Besides colt said every single variation will get something to work with in kp2, and hat trick has been kept sigilous about it, not even a tease like scorpion's.

Carl

Noob
Hat trick might be a lot more interesting in kp2, maybe his gameplay mechanic will be upgraded or reworked, I've waited this far, only a few more days before the patch notes kicks in, so I'm excited to see what the mad scientist has done to him.

If he gets to extend his juggles when the hat is behind him will be satisfactory enough for me aside from his small fixes.

Besides colt said every single variation will get something to work with in kp2, and hat trick has been kept sigilous about it, not even a tease like scorpion's.

Yes i have been looking at hattrick alot lately and i have seen many of your videos which got me thinking about that variation.
Hopefully they change something in it or add something in it even if its safe or not at least we got something to work with.
In hattrick i can pull of great corner pressure but in the midscreen i struggle as im normally a tempest and buzzsaw main and i want hattrick up my sleeve to learn.

So im sure he will get some adjustments or gameplay mechanics changed though im highly excited for this kp2 and eager to see what lao has got to compensate for the tempest nerfs which weren't really needed imo.

Carl

Noob
In accordance with laos style and gameplay he is a pressure character all round. So they need to focus on the pressure mechanics if they are to improve him in other variations.

With tempest i dont know if he can continue his pressure without holes and taking massive risks but at this point im finding buzzsaw to have alot better pressure then tempest in the beta.

Im hoping they consider maybe fixing the f3 4 which is slow to start up yet i would like that hole removed and a few minor other things id be happy with.
Im not planning on changing characters like other people im happy with him as a character just not sure what will happen in kp2.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Kung lao has been a powerhouse for far too long I agree with all the nerfs it's nothing that will hold him back from doing his job he's just getting more normalized and punishable, lets see how these nerfs work first before we talk about buffs lol.

Carl

Noob
Kung lao has been a powerhouse for far too long I agree with all the nerfs it's nothing that will hold him back from doing his job he's just getting more normalized and punishable, lets see how these nerfs work first before we talk about buffs lol.
He has been held back alot now since the ex hat is +7 which means he cannot bait reversals anymore. Even though he spends a bar to continue his pressure yet the hat is very useless imo now.
I only agree with J2 and maybe spin sucking you in the rest were completely uncalled for as his 2 frame link has 2 gaps before inbetween and i would have though if they nerf the damage on that then make the link easier though its not its still the same.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
He has been held back alot now since the ex hat is +7 which means he cannot bait reversals anymore. Even though he spends a bar to continue his pressure yet the hat is very useless imo now.
I only agree with J2 and maybe spin sucking you in the rest were completely uncalled for as his 2 frame link has 2 gaps before inbetween and i would have though if they nerf the damage on that then make the link easier though its not its still the same.

Not sure how the +7 makes much difference to his pressure. +7 means that even a 6frame d1 shouldn't poke out of the pressure, so what is the problem?

Carl

Noob
Not sure how the +7 makes much difference to his pressure. +7 means that even a 6frame d1 shouldn't even poke out of the pressure, so what is the problem?
+7 with pushback. Anyone with a 6f d1 can poke after that. thats the issue whereas before i could put a d4 and play the mind games stuff but now you cant.
Even some characters with 7f d1 can poke out. Also his b321 exhat and hold block used to bait moves now you cannot do that anymore.
So for me i feel his gameplay of pressure i find it difficult as it involves alot of risk and i dont find it useful to spend a bar in the beta these days.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
+7 with pushback. Anyone with a 6f d1 can poke after that. thats the issue whereas before i could put a d4 and play the mind games stuff but now you cant.
Oh I see. Hmm, well yeh if you're spending a bar then you deserve the pressure imo, don't know why they would change that. Rather than that i'd prefer if they made normal hat spin abit more negative on block.

Last edited:

Carl

Noob
Oh I see. Hmm, well yeh if you're spending a bar then you deserve the pressure imo, don't know why they would change that. Rather than that i'd prefer if they made normal hat spin abit more negative on block.
lol exactly i dunno why they changed it tbh. i would make the normal hat spin -7 rather than -3. I personally dont understand why its -3 in the first place when it can lead to many combos lol.
Make normal hat spin -7 then leave the ex hat at +12 i think this is good but nrs do unusual things sometimes lol so lets see.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
lol exactly i dunno why they changed it tbh. i would make the normal hat spin -7 rather than -3. I personally dont understand why its -3 in the first place when it can lead to many combos lol.
Make normal hat spin -7 then leave the ex hat at +12 i think this is good but nrs do unusual things sometimes lol so lets see.
it's -3. Giving the speed of his normals there's no way it's his turn at -3.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Some people are jumping on the gun way earlier, NRS itself said that the beta was to test online, not balance, not all changes of the beta are real.

Carl

Noob
Some people are jumping on the gun way earlier, NRS itself said that the beta was to test online, not balance, not all changes of the beta are real.
Oh snap. i didnt know that all the changes weren't real. Ok this is looking better now. Can i ask where you got this info? As i didnt see anything on tym.

Paulo confirmed on a twitch stream when i asked about the beta changes being final or not with certain characters. His reply was the changes are not final yet, so wait till the full XL patch.

Rumor was the current beta changes are at least a month old as it stands.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
No way? Kotals 6frame d1 online can't beat laos dive kick after hatspin. Even offline the timing is quite precise
i dont know man... if your biggest problem is a Psycho Lao that likes to jump back dive kick then just bait it and punish with a full combo lol. jump back dive kick it's a stupid gimmick and it's high risk / low reward.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Sometimes even though its -3 i can sneak a d1 now and then lol. but i can jump back and instant dive kick if i need the chip damage lol.
if you sneak a d1 at -3 it means the opponent didnt pressed a button or went for a high