What's new

What would be the perfect roster for MK10?

RoGE

Noob
They seriously need put Havik in there, he'd be interesting gameplay-wise, imagine him using his x-ray on himself to heal or maybe for a damage boost? Dairou would also be very interesting, I am sure dave would be all over that lol

Hitoshura

Head Cage
everyone currently in mk9 atm and add in cyber smoke (with claw spear thingy), fujin, tanya, shinnok, reiko, & bo rai cho

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I want NRS to not shit all over us and not bring back Icons... but at a certain point... damn.
If they are smart... they'll have any returning characters be only unlock able through the story... like Quan Cheesy.

I still want two characters... Frost and Shao Khan in CSZ's body.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Every character that ever showed up. We don't have to worry about balancing them, they never did that anyway. As long as Jade is A+ tier I'm fine. ^_^

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't want too many characters.... that makes it harder to keep each one unique, as well as keep the characters all viable. 31 may be the best number ... just because there is so very little overlap with play styles.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Dont know about roster but i want Mk10 to have same kinda story mode like in decepetion, the konquest. would be epic

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Freddy should return, or at least a character that plays similar to him.
Frost. Gotta be Frost.

Going by the casualties in MK9...the hypothetically dead =
-Human Sub-Zero.
-Noob Saibot.
-Smoke.
-Kitana.
-Jade.
-Cyber Sub-Zero.
-Sindel.
-Jax.
-Stryker.
-Liu Kang.
-Kung Lao.
-Nightwolf.
-Kabal.
-Shang Tsung.
Bi-Han can easily have been seperated from Noob when they ate the Soulnado, so the both of them = still possibly alive somewhere. Kitana, Jade and Sindel are all tied to Edenia, where one can only imagine the kind of magical mess they're capable of bringing about, so no guarantees with those three. I have a very strong feeling Evil Liu Kang will one day be pursued, so count him back in. Same goes for no-longer-bound-by-Kahn's-evil Shang Tsung. Nightwolf's means of self-dispatching could've just as easily been more than met the eye: could've been a portal or something to that effect, ala Raiden's self-destruct at the start of MKD. No guarantees. If they're pursuing the old storyline at all, it means Kabal will HAVE to be brought back by some means to revive the Black Dragon and take on Kano/Mavado/Daegon in the future. So he's in. And likely or not, I'd get a kick out of it if they reversed the roles of CSZ and Smoke; they meet in the Netherrealm or something to that effect like Noob and Smoke in MKD, except this time Smoke is the "Human" and it's Robo-Kuai Liang instead of Ultra Evil "Human" Bi-Han.
That leaves out Jax, who really never served a purpose in the story that Sonya couldn't serve better.
Stryker, who's supposed to become a Seidan Guardsman, but that may end up falling by the wayside.
And Kung Lao, who's only real purpose in 3D MK was avenging Liu Kang, who he beat to the grave in this timeline.

So let's say they axe Kratos, Stryker, Lao, Jax, and for the purposes of cutting meat, they leave out Sheeva, CSZ, Jade, Kano, Freddy, and take Evil Liu and turn him into an "unplayable" Oni Boss. That leaves you with 22, including DLC.
Make a starting roster of, say, 30, with 6 DLC's to come in the future.
Mine would go something like this:

Scorpion : Kenshi : Mavado : Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) : Skarlet
Noob Saibot : Johnny Cage : Havik : Rain : Bo Rai Cho
Ashrah : Sindel : Kabal : Frost : Ermac
Mileena : Sektor : Smoke : Cyrax : Shujinko
Kobra : Reiko : Sonya Blade : Shang Tsung : Kira
Quan Chi : Baraka : Hsu Hao : Reptile : Raiden
Frost : Darrius : Hotaru : Dairou : Tanya

Give me some combination of Kitana, CSZ, Drahmin, Seidan Stryker, Nitara, Cyber Smoke, Kano, Blaze and/or ONAGA as DLC or unlockable fighters.
And you have a game Box would play forever.

Sasuga

Noob
Yeah, the MK9 cast plus at least Shinnok. Storywise, if Raiden can 'go back' in time once, he can do it again so it shouldn't matter who died at the end of mk9. But who cares about the story anyway.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yes, but with Tremor, Skarlet and no KL.
Frost. Gotta be Frost.

Going by the casualties in MK9...the hypothetically dead =
-Human Sub-Zero.
-Noob Saibot.
-Smoke.
-Kitana.
-Jade.
-Cyber Sub-Zero.
-Sindel.
-Jax.
-Stryker.
-Liu Kang.
-Kung Lao.
-Nightwolf.
-Kabal.
-Shang Tsung.
Bi-Han can easily have been seperated from Noob when they ate the Soulnado, so the both of them = still possibly alive somewhere. Kitana, Jade and Sindel are all tied to Edenia, where one can only imagine the kind of magical mess they're capable of bringing about, so no guarantees with those three. I have a very strong feeling Evil Liu Kang will one day be pursued, so count him back in. Same goes for no-longer-bound-by-Kahn's-evil Shang Tsung. Nightwolf's means of self-dispatching could've just as easily been more than met the eye: could've been a portal or something to that effect, ala Raiden's self-destruct at the start of MKD. No guarantees. If they're pursuing the old storyline at all, it means Kabal will HAVE to be brought back by some means to revive the Black Dragon and take on Kano/Mavado/Daegon in the future. So he's in. And likely or not, I'd get a kick out of it if they reversed the roles of CSZ and Smoke; they meet in the Netherrealm or something to that effect like Noob and Smoke in MKD, except this time Smoke is the "Human" and it's Robo-Kuai Liang instead of Ultra Evil "Human" Bi-Han.
That leaves out Jax, who really never served a purpose in the story that Sonya couldn't serve better.
Stryker, who's supposed to become a Seidan Guardsman, but that may end up falling by the wayside.
And Kung Lao, who's only real purpose in 3D MK was avenging Liu Kang, who he beat to the grave in this timeline.

So let's say they axe Kratos, Stryker, Lao, Jax, and for the purposes of cutting meat, they leave out Sheeva, CSZ, Jade, Kano, Freddy, and take Evil Liu and turn him into an "unplayable" Oni Boss. That leaves you with 22, including DLC.
Make a starting roster of, say, 30, with 6 DLC's to come in the future.
Mine would go something like this:

Scorpion : Kenshi : Mavado : Sub-Zero (Bi-Han) : Skarlet
Noob Saibot : Johnny Cage : Havik : Rain : Bo Rai Cho
Ashrah : Sindel : Kabal : Frost : Ermac
Mileena : Sektor : Smoke : Cyrax : Shujinko
Kobra : Reiko : Sonya Blade : Shang Tsung : Kira
Quan Chi : Baraka : Hsu Hao : Reptile : Raiden
Frost : Darrius : Hotaru : Dairou : Tanya

Give me some combination of Kitana, CSZ, Drahmin, Seidan Stryker, Nitara, Cyber Smoke, Kano, Blaze and/or ONAGA as DLC or unlockable fighters.
And you have a game Box would play forever.
I was thinking that since Bi-Han would be cleansed of all the corruption in his soul, perhaps he should be a face now and become the Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei instead of his brother? Speaking of Cyber Sub (Kuai Liang), if he was to be brought back, I'd imagine if he was to brought back somehow, it'd be his human form, I think it'd be more interesting his Sektor took his corpse back to the Lin Kuei temple and reprogrammed to serve them. And if anything the way you describe Shang Tsung (with Shinnok an inevitability, is there any point in keeping Shang? lol) sounds more like Reptile to me, he's never been instinctively evil, he just wants to do whatever it takes to revive his race. I could just be thinking too far ahead, just speculating on what purposes the current roster could serve. To cement their place in MK10. :)

STRYKIE

Lmao @ how many people are shunning characters based on their tier ranking in the CURRENT game. Looking at MK's track record at high level play, you should be welcoming Kabal and Kung Lao with open arms and hoping Jade and Stryker AREN'T in MK10. xD

STRYKIE

I'd be pretty disappointed if Kitana wasn't in MK10.

I'm going to be in the minority when I say I'd actually like to see Kira and or Sareena come back, but past that I don't know. MK without Kit wouldn't feel right to me.
Somebody who finally gets it, I guess Ken shouldn't be in SF4 based on how good he was in 3S..

Espio

Kokomo
Everyone from this game + Shinnok, Fujin, Reiko, Kai, Tanya, Havik, Drahmin, Sareena, Bo' Rai Cho and Ashrah= winning.

This roster is solid, don't take away from it, just add onto it.

A crucial point about this is that, they don't have to rebalance everyone(from scratch again), they can just do minor tweaks and updates to the characters, which gives them more time to iron out bugs, make story mode better, and add in additional features and modes.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
The mk9 cast is awesome, and Freddy should stay!! His vignette is cool... and maybe even add another horror story character?? Jason? I played Armageddon very casually, and I personally liked the huge cast it had, not that MK9 doesn't have plenty of characters to learn. Though I am sure Armageddon was mostly a casual gamer's game. I liked the "kreate a fighter", and the fact that some characters had swords that were bigger than them. One character that hasn't really gotten any screen time is Tremor, the earth ninja. He is probably my second favorite to Smoke, and his play style seems like it would be really fun..
List...
-MK9 cast
-Shujinko
-Shinnok
-Frost
-Cyber Smoke
-Fujin
-Tremor
-Bo Rai Cho

Also... the retro costumes from Armageddon looked cool IMO... maybe as free DLC? Also, Smoke needs to keep his moves, get armor on smoke bomb, and have a sword.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Lmao @ how many people are shunning characters based on their tier ranking in the CURRENT game. Looking at MK's track record at high level play, you should be welcoming Kabal and Kung Lao with open arms and hoping Jade and Stryker AREN'T in MK10. xD
I just despise KL. Hate the character, hate his story, hate his moves, hate his ugly little troll face.

Frost would be great as a DLC for this MK9 since she fights at the pit in the back jejeje considering she could be a better version of robot sub zero and normal subzero, and make her have subzeros slide, iceball, meleenas ->->X that freezes at contact for a short time instead of a clone and 1 more skill to keep combos going :)