What's new

What would be the perfect roster for MK10?

Altaire

Noob
Everyone who was in MK9 + Frost, Cyber Smoke, Tanya, Reiko and Shinnok/a bunch of other characters I don't really care about.

Anyone who wants canon to play a roll in the roster of a competitive fighting game is an asshole.
On top of that, Ed Boon already ruled it out. He said that you can expect all of the fan favorites to return, regardless. That means Kabal, Cyrax, Noob and Sub-Zero. I'm about 90% sure Cyrax and Sektor WERE killed during the last fight with them, by the way.

I'd love to see Cyber Sub and Skarlet return, and Cyber Smoke needs to be added in. I can't believe he wasn't DLC for MK9.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
40 characters?

That's a bit much, I think...

People that lived:

Johnny Cage
Raiden
Sonya
Reptile
Baraka
Sheeva
Ermac
Quan Chi
Mileena
Scorpion
Kano
Sektor
Cyrax

Minus Sheeva and Kano (I've had enough of these two) ... so 13-2= 11.

Characters from MK4 - MKA:

Fujin
Ashrah
Nitara
Frost
Shinnock
Sareena
Bo Rai Cho
Havik
Reiko

So that's 9 more. 11 + 9 = 20.

Characters that have been removed/rumored:

Tremor
Khameleon

So 20 + 2 = 22.

DLC characters from MK9:

Rain
Kenshi
Skarlet

All but Freddy since he was a guest and doesn't belong in MK.

22 + 3 = 25.

Characters that died and should be brought back:

Shang Tsung
HUMAN Sub-Zero
Human Smoke
Zombie Liu

25+4 = 29.

B/c you can't have MK without Shang, Sub, and annoying as he is... Liu Kang.

3 completely new characters

29 + 3 = 32.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I would like to see, in addition to the MK9 roster, the following:

TREMOR
Shinnok
Ashrah
Bo' Rai Cho
Havik
Li Mei
Tanya
Robot Smoke
Reiko
Sareena
Fujin

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Everyone in MK9 and then I'd like to see K/Chameleon (whichever), Fujin, Shinnok, Tanya, Bo' Rai Cho and maybe 2 or 3 new characters.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
As long as TSD is a low block OR unblockable but non-juggling... then I'm fine with that. ^_^ lol
REO and I were thinking the same thing. We agreed that an MKA style, unblockable yet non-juggling TS Drop would be fair in this game.

Frost.
Oh, and Shinnok + other story characters etc.

I have no idea how 2D Shinnok would play, I see Frost as a rushdown Ice Ninja, though.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Perhaps Vanilla did sour my opinion of him...
It's okay. Just learn Cage. He's easy and WTFBBQSAUCE PWNS stupid Kung Laos. I just wait for the brainless (HORRIBLY PUNISHABLE)spin, b3, 222 44 nut punch. Repeat. His teleport is 100% worthless against Cage too.

Enenra

Go to hell.
It's okay. Just learn Cage. He's easy and WTFBBQSAUCE PWNS stupid Kung Laos. I just wait for the brainless (HORRIBLY PUNISHABLE)spin, b3, 222 44 nut punch. Repeat. His teleport is 100% worthless against Cage too.
Good to know, lol. I'll put that fool in his place for what he does to my poor Sub Zero.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Good to know, lol. I'll put that fool in his place for what he does to my poor Sub Zero.
The smart KLs give him problems, but those're few and far between online. Most people are still playing Vanilla KL which equates to instant death with his nerfs.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
The MK9 cast is simply too good. Some character's are gonna get cut for the next game or else the roster will be too bloated. We all hope they add at least 10 new/post-trilogy characters right? I just can't see them having 40+ fighters in the next game. Some people are gonna have to get cut and shit is gonna get hype when they do. I have a feeling my Sindel is probably near the top of the list for the chopping block, based on popularity.

Enenra

Go to hell.
The smart KLs give him problems, but those're few and far between online. Most people are still playing Vanilla KL which equates to instant death with his nerfs.
I like vortexing them with Scorpion, the majority don't even block, they just try to spin. Thanks for the 40%.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You guys are right about Tremor and Sareena. I totally forgot Orange Ninja hasn't made it to the big screen yet, and I knew nothing of Sareena's powers when I still played it..

WELL, since the 1'st DLC was the birth of one of MK's longest-rumored characters in Skarlet, it'd only be fair that the next one begin with the 2'nd. Tremor as the 1'st DLC. Earthly destruction and all. I'd buy him. Sareena could be #2.

I second the notion for Dairou.
All I've wanted since I finished Konquest in Deception is to know what the hell was the final outcome of Order Vs. Chaos, The Resistance, Hotaru being a douche, etc...all that obscure story stuff that many don't care for that were never put to bed.
My only hope is that they continue tying the ends together. You would think the forces of good would know their problems aren't over yet (See: Quan Chi), so they would be seeking outside help.

Enenra

Go to hell.
OneBoxyRobot
Dude, I would really dig a separated Bi Han and Noob Saibot. Bi Han could come back as the grandmaster, angrier and even more violent with a vendetta against Quan Chi. Noob Saibot could be the shadow version who was infused with the soulnado's energy or something, and wants to re unify himself with Sub Zero. Noob would still play normally, like the shadow game and what not, but hopefully rebalanced to be an awesome character.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
TSD should be fast on execution, but easy to punish upclose. I'd like the think the move should be like Scorpion's hellfire in that it's used to keep your opponent from camping on the other side of the screen all day.

And yeah, Tremor needs to be in a main series MK game. Earth elemental powers are the best.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
You guys are right about Tremor and Sareena. I totally forgot Orange Ninja hasn't made it to the big screen yet, and I knew nothing of Sareena's powers when I still played it..

WELL, since the 1'st DLC was the birth of one of MK's longest-rumored characters in Skarlet, it'd only be fair that the next one begin with the 2'nd. Tremor as the 1'st DLC. Earthly destruction and all. I'd buy him. Sareena could be #2.
This. Isn't he brown though?

Perfect Roster:
All MK9 Characters and DLC's minus Freddy and Kratos
+
Fujin
Tanya
Shinnok
Kai
Jarek
Reiko
Bo Rai Cho
Goro
Kintaro

DLC
Sareena
Khameleon
Shao Khan
+1 new charaacter. Ala Skarlet.

= 42 characters on the dot. 29 of which are already made. I'd like them to directly port the 29 from MK9 with minor tweaks. Then add the 9 newcomers. Then release the 4 DLC's. So NRS only has to make 13 new characters. Only 10 if dont count redoing goro kintaro and shao kahn.