What's new

Question What will happen to Doomsday?

What do you guys think will happen to doomsday when people consistently start blocking earth shaker? Since it one of his main tools.
Once they start blocking the ES is when the match actually begins. We don't care if you block ES, it is our main meter building tool, and once you start blocking d1 ES, that opens up, d1 throw, d1 trait, d1 crossover body splash, d1 sweep, and naked ES.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
ES is a great tool. It builds massive meter, is a safe way to end block strings, and leaves your opponent often right in Doomys footsie range, but out of his opponents on block.

Doomys strength doesn't come from damage from ES however.

It comes from the fact that you are afraid to move.

Massive d1 range in footsies
Venom
Anti air grab
Trait

These are the tools that make Doomsday scary. He freezes his opponent because everyone knows "he's got a bar, I need to block this shoulder now". That allows him to do essentially whatever he wants while his opponent looks out for shoulder.

He's impossible to approach because of trait, and d1, and anti air grab.

Sure, ES gets some damage from time to time, but that's not what he's beating his opponents with.

He's beating his opponents by making them afraid to move.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Being able to block ES doesn't mean you've beaten DD. It just means you can start playing the MU. If you're just sitting there and eating D1 xx ES, you're not playing the DD MU. You're playing the D1 xx ES MU.

E

Eldriken

Being able to block ES doesn't mean you've beaten DD. It just means you can start playing the MU. If you're just sitting there and eating D1 xx ES, you're not playing the DD MU. You're playing the D1 xx ES MU.
This is perfect.

The real MU doesn't begin until you start blocking Earth Shake consistently. I like it.