What's new

Question What will happen to Doomsday?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
people already block shaker all the time and they still get bodied.
shaker is one of his many great tools, he has one of the best footsies besides bane.

macro

Eezeepeezee
I love how this thread turned out.
me:hey guys i think something bad i going to happen to doomsday
Doomsday player:it's ok guys everything going to be just fine
me:ya your right
Doomsday player:now all of you add me now so i can destroy you all:cool:

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I think Doomsday is a lot like AE 2012 Balrog.

He is a great character in shorter sets, but his lack of truly strong mixup/damage potential can hinder him at very high level play in an extended series. He's a strong tournament character for the most part, but when it comes to longer sets down the line I don't see him being as dominant as certain characters. If a Doomsday was in grand finals coming out of losers, he's the kind of character that could easily get the reset, but would struggle to win the tournament.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
the worst is when i manage to block his karate chop and i feel so proud,a little party goes off in my head and I forget what I'm doing,then get hit by the next one. smh,it's a truly unenjoyable experience,almost as bad as when I did bathsalts and awoke the next day to find I'd eaten my copy of 'mortal kombat deadly alliance'

Yoaks

A spaceman
the worst is when i manage to block his karate chop and i feel so proud,a little party goes off in my head and I forget what I'm doing,then get hit by the next one. smh,it's a truly unenjoyable experience,almost as bad as when I did bathsalts and awoke the next day to find I'd eaten my copy of 'mortal kombat deadly alliance'
That doesn't sound very enjoyable.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Don't forget mixing up ES within combo strings or at the end of strings. Like 22, 23d1, f2, f23, b1 or b13. The best thing about Doomsday is that he's always gonna get in on you and open you up.

E

Eldriken

Don't forget mixing up ES within combo strings or at the end of strings. Like 22, 23d1, f2, f23, b1 or b13. The best thing about Doomsday is that he's always gonna get in on you and open you up.
Can't combo into Earth Shake from b13. Only b1~Earth Shake works.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Idk but im considering droping him for bane , im not sure yet but everyone says bane is better.

btw gg eldriken last night in ranked lol :D it was like in slow motion for me -_-

E

Eldriken

Idk but im considering droping him for bane , im not sure yet but everyone says bane is better.

btw gg eldriken last night in ranked lol :D it was like in slow motion for me -_-
What's your online handle? Were you the DD mirror?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
All this doomsday talk is making me want to give doomsday a try.he does have nightwolfs shoulder after all,unfortunetly it doesn't make the same satisfying sound when it hits though.

E

Eldriken

All this doomsday talk is making me want to give doomsday a try.he does have nightwolfs shoulder after all,unfortunetly it doesn't make the same satisfying sound when it hits though.
If you're not on, you should if you can and let's play.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Blocking Earth Shake isn't the real problem. It's how DD can be such an overwhelming character sometimes.
Don't let him bully you.

I think the real question here is: "What happens when people stop trying to wake up in the corner?"

I don't NEED Earth Shake to win.
Woah there. Cool your jets, buddy.

E

Eldriken

Blocking Earth Shake isn't the real problem. It's how DD can be such an overwhelming character sometimes.
Don't let him bully you.

I think the real question here is: "What happens when people stop trying to wake up in the corner?"

Woah there. Cool your jets, buddy.
It all depends who you're playing, dude. Against you, yeah, I do need it. But it's certainly not a necessity in every case.