What's new

What type of opponents do you hate fighting the most?

I really hate it when I face an opponent that just loves to run away. Nothing irks me more than me having to chase your ass down for the duration of the match. :evil:

That is the problem I have with a buddy named REy2 in MK2. He plays tag constantly through the whole match ( a problem with mk2 ) . Very hard to go up against. Same premises, different game which is a little off topic. Sorry.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
That's what makes Scorpion in MKII and even UMK3 to an extent so frustrating to play against...run run run :roll:

I'd have to agree with Annihilator on the runners, but I also hate fighting against people who can counter your every attempt at an offense when no matter how hard you try, you can't do it to them. (like all of their aahp's or uppercuts hit and you get jk'd or jps comboed out of all of yours) :evil:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It is annoying, however turtling is a basic, wise tactic that should be used in all fighters. Well, if you want to win anyway...is it annoying? Yes, but it makes for a great defense. 8)

Also, if Scorpion is playing against say Kabal, HSmoke or Robo Smoke I would actually recommend turtling personally. :arrow:

Shaney

Noob
EXCELLENT THREAD SIR! :twisted:

I'll definately have to agree with you, I hate fighting the runners, even worse is the Turteling runners who do nothing but block and jump away and don't try to fight you in any way. Makes you wanna do Quan Chi's MK4 Fatality to them, where he rips one of their legs off and beats them down with it. :twisted:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Most players hate to go up against turtles, but there's a variety of turtle that I can't stand playing against, and that's readers. The Prophet was one of the biggest pains in the ass with reading I ever met. He plotted out almost everything he did and tried to figure out everything you were going to do, which is why he ducked and blocked so much. Once you started making mistakes it was all over in seconds.

http://ultimatemk.com/dirview.php?current=matchvids/dunellen040605

That's a set of matches of me vs the Prophet back a couple years ago.

Shock said:
Most players hate to go up against turtles, but there's a variety of turtle that I can't stand playing against, and that's readers. The Prophet was one of the biggest pains in the ass with reading I ever met. He plotted out almost everything he did and tried to figure out everything you were going to do, which is why he ducked and blocked so much. Once you started making mistakes it was all over in seconds.

If you don't mind me asking, how did the Prophet die? Just curious cause in one of the vids I saw of him he was pretty young.

I hate readers as well, Rushers are an even more of a pain in my ass, turning me into a turtler, which I hate.

People who can easily land Kung's Infinites kill me as well. One fuck up, and your gone. Psychic Kabals as well, and people who are good with Robo smoke :cry:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
TheLord Phoenix UMK3 said:
I hate the people who turtle and there only offense is either ducking lk's, or uppercuts. :roll:
I find myself doing that quite often as I simply cannot get out of runjab pressure. Every time I try, I get jabbed or comboed so I simply stop trying to and end up doing ducking lk's all round.

If someone would like to show/tutor me how they counter runjabs I'd much appreciate it.

(^^ insert lol @ this I know but I'm serious)

Shock said:

those looked like some intense matches

Opponents who think their good. Like all they try to do is INF's and Shit. b/c when you beat them they will Fatality drop... its annoying. (pshhh)

x UMK3 x said:
Opponents who think their good. Like all they try to do is INF's and Shit. b/c when you beat them they will Fatality drop... its annoying. (pshhh)
What's wrong with attempting infinites? I try all the time, and I don't usually get them, but it doesn't stop me.

Annihilator83 said:
x UMK3 x said:
Oh the irony. http://www.ultimatemk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19357&highlight=#19357
Yes that was then. but i'm better now and I do not drop as often. But I do every now and then b/c lag wins the game. Annihlator83 you should play me sometime, so I can show how to play :wink:

x UMK3 x said:
Annihlator83 you should play me sometime, so I can show how to play :wink:
Thats very funny. Ladies and Gentlemen, we got the next Chris Rock on our hands.

Anyways, anybody got any tips for people who love to run away? These are the ones that actually give me the most trouble.

Annihilator83 said:
x UMK3 x said:
Annihlator83 you should play me sometime, so I can show how to play :wink:
Thats very funny. Ladies and Gentlemen, we got the next Chris Rock on our hands.

Anyways, anybody got any tips for people who love to run away? These are the ones that actually give me the most trouble.
Chase them and trap em in a corner :]

Derek

Noob
UMK3 I played you like a week ago on one of my other GTs and you're just as bad as you ever were. GTFO Scrub.

l SuGaR l said:
UMK3 I played you like a week ago on one of my other GTs and you're just as bad as you ever were. GTFO Scrub.
haha thats funny b/c ive only lost 4 matches since i got my new account. And they all were in ranked by the same person. Some noob who got me with sindel ( I suck against sindel)

Plus SuGaR you suck at this game, the only way you can beat me is if I lt you win. You complain about EVERY litte thing. Your just a whiny bitch who thinks he's good, and in actuallity your GaRbAgE!!!

Derek

Noob
x UMK3 x said:
Plus SuGaR you suck at this game, the only way you can beat me is if I lt you win. You complain about EVERY litte thing. Your just a whiny bitch who thinks he's good, and in actuallity your GaRbAgE!!!
So how come you've never beaten me if I'm so bad? You and DarXyd3 two garbage kids that just get shit on and talk shit because they think they're good. It's cool though bro, keep acting like you're hot shit. I know who's really better, me. Or did you not read the posts in that link? I mean, no matter what I still beat your Kabal with Lui Kang, while you counter picked my random select. That should speak volumes as to how much better you are than me right? Fucking moron.

Really though? I'm all four of you losses? Shit, are you playing kids that have down syndrome?

EDIT: Oh shit, did you forget that you posted this?

http://www.ultimatemk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=675

x UMK3 x said:
I quit cause I though some random noob got lucky. But if I would have Known of him, or knew it was SuGaR...
You're fucking right. You knew who I was after I posted that, you knew damn well. I'm not that great, but there is no fucking way some scrub is going to tell me that he's even an ounce as good as I am when just three months ago you were all up on my dick. Read that shit to yourself. "I quit cause I thought some random noob got lucky..."

You fucking know I'm good and you now that I was better than you then and I still am now. "I've only got 4 losses." ha bullshit.

Face it, you're average at best, beating on scrubs is fun and all but you know that's the only people you can beat. Give someone a week or two, and I mean any random kid and have someone like Shock, CD, Annihilator, ABC, Me, anyone with a decent amount of skill and knows how to play the game and they'll easily be as good or better than you, minus the shitty attitude.

So you booting me out because of the ass whooping you got is because you let me win? Ha fuck that. Dude, just man up and say "I'm not as good as I think I am." It's no big deal, unless UMK3 is your life, in which case you don't hold a candle to any of the real UMK3 Pros.

So, wanna pull up your pants now?