What's new

What to keep from Injustice going into MKX!

cyke_out

Noob
I recall something about wakes ups only being invincible if it's an EX move. Hopefully that stays in the final version.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think by Punch walk he means, like MK9 dash punches in combo's, but in MKX you can punch walk juggles instead?

my other guess its some sort of Wake up Stuff

Edit On topic

I wish the throw system was like Injustice, best throw system i ever used, but unfortunately its a guess like MK9 even if you read the throw lets hope you guess right

i wishes teching throws gave you some sort of frame advantage like +3 just to better reward you.

looks like they already have the good stuff from Inj so far.

not exactly an Inj thing unless you count Zatanna, but i would love (or prolly hate) a char that cancel his/her jump

Last edited:
Tbh, I am going to play what I get and go on from there. I can make suggestions but I just want a new mk to play and have fun with.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Because when MIDS whiff on a low profile, it's silly.
Nops, the best way to avoid most of the incoming attacks in MK games is by crouching, i don't thing this will change on a near future, besides, lowering the hurtbox to the max is one of the best tech, specially for characters who don't have a good defense system. One of the things that made Skarlet's game so good in MK9 was the fact that she could low profile stupid crossups which she didn't have an answer to, jade shared the same tech too.

MKX needs good music! On every stage! Baaaadddd!
So far Dan Forden has not let me down in MKX, pure hype drive stuff from Mr.Toasty, honestly i would give the man a shootout and tell him to keep up the excelent work.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Low profiling is perfectly acceptable if it only works during certain low attacks like Mileana's d4 and D3

but being "low profile" while in crouch block is just silly imo

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Another thing I would love for it to have is mids actually being mids. I don't want it whiffing on small hit box characters. I had to rely too much on d3 and d4.

Last edited:

zaf

professor
Because when MIDS whiff on a low profile, it's silly.
That is how some characters are just made to whiff.
It is not like whiffing is something new man.
Level up and stop complaining. Find other answers then the ones you are using.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I seriously dislike the dedicated dashes and not being able to block cancel them. If they kept movement the same as in MK9 and introduced universal low pokes and uppercuts, same jab and fastest mid start-up for everybody (6-7 frame jab, 9-10 frame mid) I would be happy. No interactables.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I seriously dislike the dedicated dashes and not being able to block cancel them. If they kept movement the same as in MK9 and introduced universal low pokes and uppercuts, same jab and fastest mid start-up for everybody (6-7 frame jab, 9-10 frame mid) I would be happy. No interactables.
You mean the slow clunkiness that Nrs themselves disliked?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
That is how some characters are just made to whiff.
It is not like whiffing is something new man.
Level up and stop complaining. Find other answers then the ones you are using.
I don't feel the need to be lectured by you since I simply stated the things I would like removed.

You find an option for Wonder Womans D3 beating every single wakeup NW has.

Yes, Every one.

The reason why I wanted it removed is because it looks silly when a mid gets beat out because a character's hitbox drops paralell to the ground. I personally think it looks silly.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
The reason why I wanted it removed is because it looks silly when a mid gets beat out because a character's hitbox drops paralell to the ground. I personally think it looks silly.
If it whiffs on tech crouching hitbox, it's not mid. How about asking for characters that don't have such holes in their design that they spawn 3-7 MUs? Like, lack of mids?

zaf

professor
I don't feel the need to be lectured by you since I simply stated the things I would like removed.
You find an option for Wonder Womans D3 beating every single wakeup NW has.
Yes, Every one.
Well this is one of the more "complainy" requests I have seen. Almost every fighter has low profile characters.
I just dont want to see people complaining about the game when they can just figure it all out. Especially this early.

uh... if wowo's d3 beats your wake ups... stop waking up so often? I already know you are the type of player who loves waking up so lol.....
It may look silly but its a part of fighters, deal with it.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Well this is one of the more "complainy" requests I have seen. Almost every fighter has low profile characters.
I just dont want to see people complaining about the game when they can just figure it all out. Especially this early.

uh... if wowo's d3 beats your wake ups... stop waking up so often? I already know you are the type of player who loves waking up so lol.....
It may look silly but its a part of fighters, deal with it.
What the hell are you even talking about? I sure hope to fuck you are calling everyone out in this thread for "complaining about the game" then.

I listed one positive and one negative. I did exactly what the Op wanted people to do...I don't understand what your beef was with my post...I don't like weird ass d4's/3's.

Also, Don't wake up!? That's your solution?

Your solution is to do exactly what we are stuck having to commit to now BECAUSE of the d3.

How about you start lecturing me when you start making top 8's. Trust me, beating Jade with Ermac is no reason to think you are this god like player lol

zaf

professor
What the hell are you even talking about? I sure hope to fuck you are calling everyone out in this thread for "complaining about the game" then.
I listed one positive and one negative. I did exactly what the Op wanted people to do...I don't understand what your beef was with my post...I don't like weird ass d4's/3's.
Also, Don't wake up!? That's your solution?
Your solution is to do exactly what we are stuck having to commit to now BECAUSE of the d3.
How about you start lecturing me when you start making top 8's. Trust me, beating Jade with Ermac is no reason to think you are this god like player lol
I just don't see a valid reason. "Because they look silly"..... Who cares if a mid misses on some characters. You can look for other options to deal with them.
Well if you are getting beat out by a d3 on all your wake ups, stop waking up. It is also not like every character does this to you either. Im not trying to insult you when I said that you wake up a lot. From playing with you I just found you used wake ups a lot. Im not trying to attack you or that aspect of the game. I am just pointing out something I was seeing. So I dont see the need to tell me you will only listen to top 8 placers. I also dont care about ermac beating jade or me beating you. I never brought it up, nor did that have anything to do with this. I also dont remember saying I was godlike? I was just saying to deal with what is given to you, rather then just hoping it doesnt show up in the game.

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I just don't see a valid reason. "Because they look silly"..... Who cares if a mid misses on some characters. You can look for other options to deal with them.
Well if you are getting beat out by a d3 on all your wake ups, stop waking up. Train the opponent to think that they can do whatever they want and hit them with a wake up when they do not expect it. It is also not like every character does this to you either. Im not trying to insult you when I said that you wake up a lot. From playing with you I just found you used wake ups a lot. Im not trying to attack you or that aspect of the game. I am just pointing out something I was seeing. So I dont see the need to tell me you will only listen to top 8 placers. I also dont care about ermac beating jade or me beating you. I never brought it up, nor did that have anything to do with this. I also dont remember saying I was godlike? I was just saying to deal with what is given to you, rather then just hoping it doesnt show up in the game.
All I was saying is one aspect I would like to see removed. That is the wonky d3 and d4 hitboxes some chars have historically had.

I still stand by that lol

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Nops, the best way to avoid most of the incoming attacks in MK games is by crouching, i don't thing this will change on a near future, besides, lowering the hurtbox to the max is one of the best tech, specially for characters who don't have a good defense system. One of the things that made Skarlet's game so good in MK9 was the fact that she could low profile stupid crossups which she didn't have an answer to, Jade shared the same tech too.
Sindel didn't have a low hitbox and no low profile pokes D1, D3, D4, slow D2 uppercut and U4 to avoid crossups she suffered in that area including her poor wake up game. Skarlet had a decent D2 uppercut, medium hitbox and small D3 for cross ups but didn't help against cross over jump kicks, her AA I agree is weak but D2 uppercut was alright with no reward other than 12% damage. She even ends up wasting a bar with EX Slide to slide out, her forward dash is one of the best so her best strategy is to dash out underneath cross up attempts. Jade on the other hand had several AA options standing 1 although low damage, decent D2 uppercut 12% and EX Glow. Despite being a huge hitbox character she had low profile D3 and B4 sweep including EX Glow as anti-cross up, she also has the same Skarlet forward dash which she can dash out underneath cross ups too.

I think characters with great AA and anti cross up defense shouldn't have low hitboxes like Johnny Cage, Kung Lao but it's ultimately the design of the character whether intended or not. Sindel needed at least medium hitbox and armor on EX Step Up : (

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
All I was saying is one aspect I would like to see removed. That is the wonky d3 and d4 hitboxes some chars have historically had.

I still stand by that lol
And I still stand by keeping option of tech crouch for characters that need it, and to give other characters real options to beat those - like true mids (by definition: moves that don't whiff on low hitboxes).

Last thing we need in FGs is less options for players.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I made this topic 1-2 years ago. I think the first comment was "Nothing. Injustice sucks." And the trend followed until my topic faded (hehe) into obscurity. :'(