What's new

What to keep from Injustice going into MKX!

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
We can all agree that MKX should and will be drastically different from Injustice: Gods Among Us.

While we all can look forward to the MK3 style run, next-gen fatalities, and the 3 fight classes per Kombatant (not saying that is all we are looking forward to) - I believe there are a few things they can transition from Injustice to MKX.

We all know that they are bringing back Interactables which brought an interesting strategy to zoning and, sometimes, to continue combos. I'm not sure how it will effect MKX but I hope it doesn't slow down the gameplay!

But this thread is talking about the things we may or may not see in MKX; from as irrelevant as the environment around you being destroyed as the battle commences to as game-changing as a trait button (nobody say to keep trait button or you'll be shunned from TYM community forever).

One (and my personal favorite), being the addition of frame data in the Moves List...this is an awesome inclusion for newbies and veterans alike. Injustice being my first competitive fighting game, it was cool to just be able to press pause and see which start-up strings will put me neg on block and by how much.

I think the whole Training option has improved dramatically from MK9 to Injustice, HUGE improvement.

This is not asking what do you want from MKX. This is taking something from Injustice and putting it in MKX (per say).

What feature do you think we should keep from Injustice and which should be thrown in the trash and burned (trait button)?

Last edited by a moderator:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
One thing I like that they've kept from INJ is the back and forward dashes (in addition to actually having a walkspeed). I believe this will change the pace of MK drastically. We all know MK9 was very.... turn based, for lack of a better term. You poke then I poke, there wasn't much else to it outside of canceling into specials. What's interesting in MKX is how the developers have already stated certain things (like Sub-Zero's one string into his ice dagger stabs) can be backdashed. This alone makes the neutral game that much more deep than it was in MK9, and I'm excited to see what people can come up with.

Lo0py

Noob
One thing I like that they've kept from INJ is the back and forward dashes (in addition to actually having a walkspeed). I believe this will change the pace of MK drastically. We all know MK9 was very.... turn based, for lack of a better term. You poke then I poke, there wasn't much else to it outside of canceling into specials. What's interesting in MKX is how the developers have already stated certain things (like Sub-Zero's one string into his ice dagger stabs) can be backdashed. This alone makes the neutral game that much more deep than it was in MK9, and I'm excited to see what people can come up with.
MKX's forward dash will be more unsafe than MK9, that's what i know atleast! or maybe it was backdash, one of them.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Interactables are able to be blocked thank you ed, with that said the running can e cancelled into a block but a forward dash cannot, at least this is what I am understanding from the ppl who have played a demo of it, which IMO is cool. Add in the character variations, insane graphics engine and the game is by default miles ahead of injustice.
I also think the juggles and combos are way better in mkx

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Trades.

And honestly as long as their is no P1 advantage or input bug, I'm good.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Will see:
Tons of bitching
Interactable OTGs(Can't block them if your on the ground)
Invincible backdashes
Scorpion
Super Broke DLC
Training mode
MB B3
Pushblock

Won't see:
Any DC characters(hopefully)

1) Air dashes for 1-2 characters
2) A character that flies like Hawkgirl instead of how Sindel was in MK9 (Actually I hope Sindel is in they would make her awesome for sure)
3) Characters (or a variation of some characters) without projectiles but very strong rushdown
4) Different versions of same special move (e.g teleport back, forward, sameplace)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Trades.

And honestly as long as their is no P1 advantage or input bug, I'm good.
Trades are in the game don't worry.

So to everyone wondering what did change here is some of my thoughs based on videos and feedbacks of people that played, and what i think NRS has built on based on our feedbacks be warned that i got carried away so this might be a big bigger.

a) NRS wanted to give MKX a faster pace than MK9 and Injustice, in order to do that, they re-introduced the Stamina meter, instead of depleting from a single juggle like in the 2D era, this time around the stamina meter has two levels full = 100%, half = 50%.

- Interactables are blockable and do not respawn for the entire game. (i think NRS didn't want the game to be heavily dependable of them so they did this way after seeing the experience in IGAU)
- First hit bonus is still in the game and still rewards players with a 1 block of meter (yet this time around no one starts with 1 bar of meter, i think NRS didn't want to give the chance to break earlier on the first mistake, this is something we saw on IGAU, but in MK9 is much easier to get blown up on the first hit.)
- Performing a breaker, it requires two bars of the enhancement meter + 100% of stamina meter, meaning if you don't meet these two conditions, no breakers for you (i'm sure NRS hated the way MK9 was heavily dependable of the breakers, besides, TYM had a discussion about how breakers killed off part of the hype, so since this game movement is designed around the stamina meter, if you get blown up before it gets full you will take some damage for 2 seconds if its 100% empty, also this mean you can't backdash or run after every break, so you're forced to play neutral game for at least two seconds)

Using interactibles, propel attacks or propel escapes, backdashes all those depletes 50% of the stamina meter (this options seems powerfull, i'm not surprised they were all balanced out with the stamina meter, indeed its for the following reasons, you can't continue backdash and firing projectiles without risking a propel aproach, you can't lock people in the corner without considering the propel escape, you can't pressure people for free without considering the backdash, you can't use interactables all the time without considering a blow up armored move, you have to take in account that you will have to break just in case.

b) NRS listened the players (myself included) when a group of us was discussing that one of the key games of hype in MK9 was the risk-reward factor mk9 offered at high level, not every string was safe, not every option was safe, not every mixup was safe, so they took it into account and there is a lot of the risk reward factor in the game mechanics itself.

Yet in this category, one of the huge options and considered really strong was jumping, there was basically no risk in jumping against half of the cast, this made games like bird lao tactic really strong, i rememember of breaking down the jump mechanic on a thread, NRS took it further and not only designed a new float system, they also added recovery animation into the attacks, now they have to be well timed, and even when it whiffs on the ground there is a light room for punish.

C) I think this is the most important, people bitched about characters limitations, and we ended up having lots of one sided matchups in MK9, NRS took this really serious and came up with the variation system, which now allows us to explore our characters to the highest possible level, not only once, but three times, these variations not only add hype, they also let your character be something more, in order to balance out the variations, they have hired evo players who gives suggestions on how they design their chars, like KL having a hard knockdown to setup his hat traps, scorpion having a flame uppercut to push off people from him, and canceling teleports with complete control post use.

D) MKX will be extremely hype, and i plan on keep playing until the next MK is announced at the very least.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Carry over Injustice's throw tech system. MK9's system was...bad. <-- my opinion, so let's not start a shit storm over it if you think otherwise.

That's about all I can think of that I'd like to see.
I believe it was confirmed same as MK9.

Honestly, MK9's system would be perfect if you didn't have to let go of block and the starting animations between the throws weren't the same.

Reactions: Jer

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I think the better question is what should carry over to Injustice 2?
Most definitely not cyborgs shitty ebt card normals and home depot grapple hook where the armor on it still lets you take full dmg and half the time the armor doesn't work ESPECIALLY WHEN THE MOTHER FUCKER USES TELEPORTATION TO ENTER AND LEAVE THE FIGHT

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I had no idea the Dashes depletes stamina meter. I thought it was just interactables and run dash.