What's new

What to keep from Injustice going into MKX!

E

Eldriken

I believe it was confirmed same as MK9.

Honestly, MK9's system would be perfect if you didn't have to let go of block and the starting animations between the throws weren't the same.
Well, that sucks.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Backdash takes a bar of energy. Forward dash is free.

Throw system is the same as MK9.
Backdashes have invincibility, right?

Would be nice to see a system where there's a MK9 backdash for free and a traditional partly invincible backdash for some form of meter.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Can't go into detail. Only saying stuff Paulo says in stream chats. So ask him next time he's on.

and beware of punchwalk

E

Eldriken

Can't go into detail. Only saying stuff Paulo says in stream chats. So ask him next time he's on.

and beware of punchwalk
Ah, alright. I didn't know if that was something you were able to discuss, so I asked.

But..."punchwalk" sounds interesting.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

and beware of punchwalk
I'm not going to ask what the hell that spoiler is supposed to mean...

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I think the better question would be about things to borrow from other games, because it kinda shows that NRS already accounting for MK9 and IGAU experience.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think the better question would be about things to borrow from other games, because it kinda shows that NRS already accounting for MK9 and IGAU experience.
Every NRS game is an evolution of the previous, you can clearly see what they balanced to not look the same, and what they add to forge a different meta, like dashing not being cancelable anymore is huge, meaning that the way we used to rush in MK9 with dashes into string or dashblock is off the question this time around without depleting the stamina meter with the runpokes or runblock.

IMO it makes perfect sense the way the game evolved now, it keeps the things much more interesting to dissect for over a year, and everyone starts fresh from the zero, imagine if MKX was a reskined MK9 with new characters? Like Tekken has been doing all the time with their "Legacy curve". I'm not even sure if the game would last a year.

Only thing I want to carry over from injustice is invincibility frames on backdashes, also I want stricter wake up times, with fewer invincibility frames, so we won't have dumb wakeups like Kabal wake up spin...also I want them to build upon the training mode...it was good in injustice, but it could be WAY better...would like to see hit boxes added, and the whole 9.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I would like to see the backdashes carry over, but no insanely silly ones like original black adams, Zods, and Banes.

I would like to have the extremely lowered hitboxes removed. (Mileena D4, WoWo d3) etc.

zaf

professor
I would like to see the backdashes carry over, but no insanely silly ones like original black adams, Zods, and Banes.
I would like to have the extremely lowered hitboxes removed. (Mileena D4, WoWo d3) etc.
There's no issue with low profiling. I don't see why that would be an issue.

How about no wakeups being safe/ no wakeup launchers that lead to full combos? Just saying this so there won't be nothing like "Sonya's cartwheel" which I am sure ppl despised haha.
Edit: this prolly won't be the case since there are always special moves in mk that launch ppl and they lead to combos. So it will probably follow that those moves will be wakeups (unless they take the invincibility from it which would solve this).

Last edited: