What's new

what stuffs mileena's u4 spam and telekick?

Say mileena jump in's at you and you block or dashes to you and starts u4 spamming. What can you do to stop it?

And what kills her telekick sai, or ex telekick sai?

There is character specific stuff you can stop telekick with (ice clone, air gotcha, ice parry, enhanced nutpunch). You can also crouch block on reaction and uppercut her as she's trying to sai, or just crouch jab for the juggle and do an AA combo. Enhanced telekick into sai is pretty safe, but she has to spend a meter just for some marginal block damage and no frame advantage.

u4 you can either block high (just always block mixups high, you're not going to get d4'd to death) or interrupt. Basically the way to defeat Mileena in general is to learn good AA juggle combos, especially since she has the only cannonball in the game that has no ground recovery.

cyke_out

Noob
Always block low vs mileena. you can see u+4 coming for days, it's easy to block on reaction, but d+4, or even b+3- which leads into full roll combo's, are a little harder to see.

After the u+4, she has advantage, but not enough where she can throw another u+4 without it getting interrupted, so if you see her trying to double up on u+4, punish her. however, she can do a u+4 and can do a 4,2 and this a true frame trap and it can also lead into full combo's, so be careful if she tries to change it up.

Woah, she can combo d+4 into roll? Shows what I know.

My always block high advice was based on really laggy Mileena matches, disregard that.

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
Always block low vs mileena. you can see u+4 coming for days, it's easy to block on reaction, but d+4, or even b+3- which leads into full roll combo's, are a little harder to see.

After the u+4, she has advantage, but not enough where she can throw another u+4 without it getting interrupted, so if you see her trying to double up on u+4, punish her. however, she can do a u+4 and can do a 4,2 and this a true frame trap and it can also lead into full combo's, so be careful if she tries to change it up.
Beware of U+4 on block....People think I will do another one and 90% of the time I will dash uppercut you or d+4 into aaSai as people seem to jump right after d+4 to avoid spam d+4. I will usually get the aaSai and it will run into a 25 to 30% Kombo.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Woah, she can combo d+4 into roll? Shows what I know.

My always block high advice was based on really laggy Mileena matches, disregard that.
She can't combo d4 into roll, b3 is what you're worried about.

But yes, always block low. I don't get how someone can "spam" u4, it's good for mixups when you're not expecting it, but if they do it over and over again, most characters can just uppercut it, let alone just block it. Be careful of b3 into EX ball though as EX ball hits overhead.

telekick sai can hit an uppercut can't it?

and isn't ex telekick sai safe? can u uppercut that? doesn't it hit a low block?
Always duck block ex tele unless you know how to punish it on reaction. You can't uppercut but you can d1 into special, obviously character dependent there as to what specials will hit her (damn you slow ground skull!).

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
Also blocking the uppercut puts space between Mileena and her opponent. That gives me the option of either a Sai or turtle and plan my next move or even to d+4 again. Mileena has so many options...lol

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
She can't combo d4 into roll, b3 is what you're worried about.

But yes, always block low. I don't get how someone can "spam" u4, it's good for mixups when you're not expecting it, but if they do it over and over again, most characters can just uppercut it, let alone just block it. Be careful of b3 into EX ball though as EX ball hits overhead.
Sometimes that is the case. I have done it online and it says 2 hits. Not sure offline. I will test it.

cyke_out

Noob
She can anti-air with d+4 and combo into roll, great for stuffing cross ups. or if you hit them with one d+4, if they try to jump out, they'll get hit with another d+4 into roll

ok lemme get this straight. in a nutshell.

1. block low at all times, let go of block if i see u4 coming

2. block low on telekicks, what about ex telekick? does that break low block or do i just low block that too?

3. if uppercut is fast, then uppercut naked telekicks, otherwise just jab

4a. if she does a air sai after telekick, can you uppercut that?

4b. if she does a air sai after ex telekick, can you still uppercut? can you jab?

5. someone said you can jab through u4, so the u4 is not active until it hits your head? what i mean is while she is donig the motion of the split kick, you're free to jab/jump?

cyke_out

Noob
ok lemme get this straight. in a nutshell.

1. block low at all times, let go of block if i see u4 coming
Yes, let go of down and block standing

2. block low on telekicks, what about ex telekick? does that break low block or do i just low block that too?
EX teleport can be blocked low too, and you can punish with uppercut or d1 into combo if you block low

3. if uppercut is fast, then uppercut naked telekicks, otherwise just jab
teleport will hit uppercut, so just block it although certain anti-airs will catch teleport, like cyrax air grab.

4a. if she does a air sai after telekick, can you uppercut that?
If you block low the air sai will whiff and you can uppercut

4b. if she does a air sai after ex telekick, can you still uppercut? can you jab?
if you block low, then yes

5. someone said you can jab through u4, so the u4 is not active until it hits your head? what i mean is while she is donig the motion of the split kick, you're free to jab/jump?
u4 puts her in an air borne state, so anti air grabs will hit her and a d1 or 1 will juggle if done early enough to hit her before she hits you

basicaly...AlWAYS BLOCK LOW!

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I almost always pick Raiden against mileena.

What I do to her when I block Telekick/Ball roll, is electracute, b312 electric fly

Only 26% but they stop spamming it pretty quick. And thats where the D4 spam begins...

cyke_out

Noob
Raiden is mileenas worst match-up, like boredline impossible to win, so yeah, just counter pick and good game there.

I've gotta say I think Mileena and Raiden are the two worst designed characters in the game for exactly this sort of reason. They're not overpowered, but their move properties are so totally non-apparent that half the challenge of fighting them is figuring out how they even work in the first place. This is something I don't find applies to anyone else, except maybe Kabal's NDC strings.

cyke_out

Noob
There is no knolwedge that is not power.

Just gotto learn how those moves works, and then it's all about just applying that knowledge in a match.

wowow this is brilliant!

i always thought ex telekick broke a low block so i kept blocking high but if i can just block low i have no fear of her telekicks anymore! sai or no sai im uppercutting all the way!

i play these guys a lot

1. say as sub, can he jab into full combo or should i just uppercut?

2. sektor, im guessing a low jab into f34 (the faster second kick, not the big ass one) teleuppercut, b2, flame

3. kabal, low jab dash? or maybe low jab saw?

4. cyber sub, low jab slide? low jab b22? maybe low jab 34?

5. give me your ideas!

davidovitch

In Europe!
I have a similar problem when fighting Mileena. Rather than creating a new topic I'll ask here:

When can I release block while fighting Mileena? A good Mileena will tele-kick or roll every wrong move I make (such as a jump), so I'm stuck holding block while inching my way forward, eating sai's. Then when I do get close, Mileena has good normals including tough mix-ups (I'm not good at fuzzy guard or releasing down on reaction to u4) and can always safely escape with (ex) teleport (hard to punish online for me).

When she's pressuring me I do know when some of her strings end, but I'm afraid to punish them because she can randomly follow them with tele-kick which will snuff my punisher.

Honestly I cannot for the life of me figure out how to defeat Mileena..

duck block uppercut is amazing lol... turned this happy go spammer mileena guy i was fighting online into a block whore. haha so fun finaly noobeena's dont have the edge on me anymore.

Honestly, when i play mirrors, my defense against EX Telekick is to either do one myself to get away, or dash forward when I see it. Mileena's own D1 is bad, and trying to combo into roll is damn near impossible even offline. If she throws a sai, then it's probably easier to time it, but if she doesn't it's really hard to punish that way.

But I don't want to make your decision more complicated. Do what works for you.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
Both are punishable.. if you know a U4 or Telekick is coming, you can easily uppercut it at least, and im pretty sure most fighters can punish both with a full combo, neither are the safest moves, and a Mileena player should deff not be 'spamming' them so carelessly, unless their asking to lose ;) Dont crouch block a incoming Tele though, makes it harder to punish i believe. ( if a IAS is thrown out after.)

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
Raiden is mileenas worst match-up, like boredline impossible to win, so yeah, just counter pick and good game there.
No. There is not a character I cant beat in some form. I bait his teleport and I 4,2 or telekick him every time. It give me an opening for d+4 or u+4, roll, and throw. Raiden's best and worst move is his teleport.