What's new

Question What makes MK9 stand out?

If Mk9 top tiers were in MKX...I strongly feel that cyrax and Kabul would only be upper mid tier. Kenshi might be slightly higher but not much.

That tells me all I need to know about MKX top tiers and the game as a whole
Thats not even a fair statement if you take any of the best chars in a certain mk game and move them forward a game they would be worse because they are different games the only way that a char would be top in a new game system is if they were completely broke from the beginning the only games where your argument works are the mkda-mka games think about it if i put mk2 mileena in mk3 she woould get smoked all mk games are different

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If you played the classic games, MK9 captures the feel of how MK plays really well. MKX is like a completely different game with an MK skin on it.
I've played them and that makes no sense.

The classic games didn't have dash canceling, but they did have running, which MKX has.

So....yeah. I still have no idea what you mean.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

The classic games didn't have dash canceling, but they did have running, which MKX has.

I didn't play the other games but it could just be the visuals. MKX looks more grounded.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Thats not even a fair statement if you take any of the best chars in a certain mk game and move them forward a game they would be worse because they are different games the only way that a char would be top in a new game system is if they were completely broke from the beginning the only games where your argument works are the mkda-mka games think about it if i put mk2 mileena in mk3 she woould get smoked all mk games are different
My point isn't about the characters themselves rather than the kind of play that it takes to beat them. The defense, movement and footsies to beat Kabal rush down is easier than what we see in MKX. Again this point is moot since it's an arbitrary opinion that means nothing.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
all i am saying is that in mk9 reo was the best,and in mkx fox is the best,where have you been?placing in some top 8s(in both games)?that means good,but not good enough.and how do you define better player?who makes the best reads?cause in mkx that's the better player,in mk9 better player had a whole different definition...
anyway,the post is "what makes mk9 stand out",and i asked you some questions that i would really like to hear your opinion...
I thought PL was considered the best. Didnt he win 2 mk9 evos? I may be mistaken though. Wasnt too keen on the offline scene in mk9. 100% online warrior.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

I think he just means in atmospheric sense, which to be honest, I can agree with.

That said, there comes a point where NRS have to move forward rather than keep rebooting elements from MK1- Trilogy just to recapture the magic or whatever.

Where did you get this? I think I've seen this before.

My poor kano in FAIL tier:(
For what it's worth, I can tell you for damn sure that Kano was not worse than Stryker in MK9.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Theoretically, Kitana can d1 to interrupt Smoke's B24 (or B23? I forgot his goddamn overhead string) into smoke bomb. But in real match you're gonna trade most of the time and eat a full combo
Kitana can just jump out and punish with Jump Punch into combo

Real talk, every MK9 tournament after VXG 2013 was just the old guard auto placing and then going through the motions in top 8. Very few stepped up to push the meta or force the top guys to stay sharp. It's not just the top tier, the level of play was super stagnant too. So IMO a lot of the talk of let's keep playing it'd be so hype rings hollow.
Yes but this is kabal's fault and injustice's fault.

I thought PL was considered the best. Didnt he win 2 mk9 evos? I may be mistaken though. Wasnt too keen on the offline scene in mk9. 100% online warrior.
Yes, 2 evos back to back. But he didn't have the most tournament wins but 2 evos is fucking impressive and puts you in the spot light and let's face it, evo is where the w counts the most. The consensus was that the best players were cd jr, reo, and PL. It was pretty much a tie between those 3

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Why would you replace an amazing character with a character you can just conter pick with kenshi? Lao is a top 3 character, cage should definitely not replace him
While I agree Lao was better than Cage, he definitely wasnt top 3. Many thought he wasn't Top 5 either.

Kabal, Kitana and Sonya definitely beat Lao. I'm pretty sure others did too. That's too many bad MUs to be top5 in that game