What's new

What makes Kabal so good?

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
can we stop this nerf talk for a character that has not won / placed high in any tournaments

pls
While tournament placings are important, they don’t mean everything. Alpha Patrokolas and Viola were the best characters in SCV free and Viola didn’t win a major in the game for about the first 2 years. Meanwhile, Tira who was considered trash tier won EVO.

Looking at MKX, Quan was super broken and how many majors did he win?

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
While tournament placings are important, they don’t mean everything. Alpha Patrololos and Viola were the best characters in SCV free and Viola didn’t win a major in the game for about the first 2 years. Meanwhile, Tira who was considered trash tier won EVO.

Looking at MKX, Quan was super broken and how many majors did he win?
quan was pretty broke, but he also had some major flaws too, which is probably why we didnt see him win any majors.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
instead of nerfing a+ or a chars, they should buff all those bottom tiers like Shao Kahn, Kollector, D'Vorah etc..

For example;

• Emperor's F34 should be special cancelable..
  • D'Vorah needs damage buff.
  • @ShepherdOfFire could say something about Kollector. He is good about the char and definetely knows what he need..

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
instead of nerfing a+ or a chars, they should buff all those bottom tiers like Shao Kahn, Kollector, D'Vorah etc..

For example;

• Emperor's F34 should be special cancelable..
  • D'Vorah needs damage buff.
  • @ShepherdOfFire could say something about Kollector. He is good about the char and definetely knows what he need..
I think Dvorah also needs better start up frames on her strings, and for her strings to not be so minus on block. She can't even punish anything that well

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Yeah, at this moment bottom tiers and s tiers are the main problems. A+, A chars already looks ok. D'Vorah, Frost, Raiden, both Kahns, Kollector definetely needs some love.. they are all cool Looking characters. i am really excited to see some Frost buff in the next patch cos i love her design and i want use her more.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I’ve mained Mean Streak since week 1. Haven’t messed with Clean Cut because I’m not into durrrhurr mix.

Not gonna comment too much on Clean Cut because it has a wildly different gameplan, one of the few examples in this game of a character with two extremely different variations. Mean Streak has its weaknesses, namely in his neutral outside of b1 range, and that’s where his bad matchups start to keep him out of top 5.
This is not to say these are all 6-4s or anything, but Shang, Cassie, Kang, Johnny, Skarlet, Jade, hell even Baraka can zone his ass out very easily. Keep in mind once he gets in and starts his shenanigans, he has no combo escape. Kabal is admittedly insane up close, so the best strategy is to keep him out, frustrate him and learn to backdash when he jumps from that deceptive j2 range. In matchups where he gets zoned he’s a lot like Jacqui outside of b1 distance, except you don’t have to worry about an instant dash punch to the face. Keep walking back and zoning. Another thing people don’t seem to do for lack of MU knowledge is flawless punish AMP low saws. It’s easy to OS whether he does or doesn’t amplify them, maybe tricky online.

Give b1 a hurtbox, maybe nerf f224 somehow, but I wanna see the characters above him get adjusted as well because there is much stupider shit in this game than safety.

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I’ve mained Mean Streak since week 1. Haven’t messed with Clean Cut because I’m not into durrrhurr mix.

Not gonna comment too much on Clean Cut because it has a wildly different gameplan, one of the few examples in this game of a character with two extremely different variations. Mean Streak has its weaknesses, namely in his neutral outside of b1 range, and that’s where his bad matchups start to keep him out of top 5.
This is not to say these are all 6-4s or anything, but Shang, Cassie, Kang, Johnny, Skarlet, Jade, hell even Baraka can zone his ass out very easily. Keep in mind once he gets in and starts his shenanigans, he has no combo escape. Kabal is admittedly insane up close, so the best strategy is to keep him out, frustrate him and learn to backdash when he jumps from that deceptive j2 range. In matchups where he gets zoned he’s a lot like Jacqui outside of b1 distance, except you don’t have to worry about an instant dash punch to the face. Keep walking back and zoning. Another thing people don’t seem to do for lack of MU knowledge is flawless punish AMP low saws. It’s easy to OS whether he does or doesn’t amplify them, maybe tricky online.

Give b1 a hurtbox, maybe nerf f224 somehow, but I wanna see the characters above him get adjusted as well because there is much stupider shit in this game than safety.
not so sure bout giving it a hurt box, really wouldnt make much sense tbh either. give a gap in between f224 is fine, and nerfing his ji2 is fine, hittin this characters netural game tho is a big nono, its the meat of what makes kabal good.