What's new

What is your day 1 hot take?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
That M2Dave promoting this kind of obnoxious reactionary behavior instead of allowing nuanced discussion is fucking ugly.
It's day 1 and these takes are so hot Scorpion would burn himself. Ahot take thread like this shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone, as we haven't had close to enough time to figure out most things in the game.

Wigy

There it is...
Fatal blows are a shit show. Corner jump outs are a shit show. Movement a little too slow. Otherwise really good. Wouldn't have used the tournament standard variations they picked but it's fine

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
So far... best Mortal Kombat ever! ;)

First few chapters of the story mode and already so much better than 9 and X. Character's are saying and doing all the right things, asking the right questions etc. Brilliant.

Loads of characters are easy to play as so going to take a while to choose a main.

Only thing thst needs work is the grind. We've bought the game NRS so let the unlocks come thick and fast because there is loads of them!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I dislike a lot of the tournament variations. I don’t understand why half the moves are locked away from competitive players. Either give us tournament variations that include all the variation moves (not all variation moves in one variation, spread out in multiple variations) OR just allow us to kustomize our variations for ranked and tournaments.

PLUS having to kreate a tournament variation just to practice it is a terrible design. I know it’s not too difficult to make them since they’re in the preset tab, but it’s still annoying especially when the server is having issues.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I think mechanics wise/ early meta, it’s the best I’ve ever seen but some of these tournament variations have to be a sick joke of some kind.. look at subs lol
Dumb question but how can you tell which ones are legit tournament variants? I went into tournament mode and assumed those were it

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Also my hot take: Game is new. Only general opinion is that it's fun thus far and the story is good. I won't be making any "this character sucks or is good" judgements when it's day 1 lol no way we've found everything yet at all. Very basic first impressions? sure. Hardcore opinions? Nope. Not yet.

Rizz091

Noob
Game looks and sounds amazing. Really enjoying the gameplay. Got a chance to run through the tutorials. Flawless block timing is mad hard as is the get up option timings, so that will take getting used to.

Played a bit of story and already really having a ton of fun.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I cannot believe This! I may just be the only one who really Liked the story!?LoL
the krypt has to be somewhat fun too explore atleast?
Nah, I prefer the numbered Krypt, this is a bunch of BS. I'm not gonna spend any time in it there's really no use especially when you can earn cosmetics through character towers.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
My Day 1 Hottake is that so far, The Tourney stage is Beast and I am loving it sofar. I am worried for the Krypt, however as people are saying it is like warframe, wich is FAR TOO GRINDY for me lol

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
My realistic hot take:

• I'm on vacation this week so I have more time to play, but...
  • I'm gonna be real here and say I'll mainly be a spectator again with this title
  • I'm gonna try to knock out story mode soon just to get it done.
  • When I do find the time to play this game, I'm likely going to main Kollector.
  • And finally, I'm super excited to see everyone else play and learn the game. I'm also excited to start filling up our rankings system with MK11 results.
I have my Kollector's Edition (no pun intended) coming to me in the mail tomorrow... I'm very excited about the bust.