What's new

What is your day 1 hot take?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ladies and gentlemen, Mortal Kombat 11 has finally officially been released!

If you have known me over the many years that I have been part of this community, you know that I am infamous for my Zod and Tremor day 1 hot takes. I am interested in your Mortal Kombat 11 hot takes. Is this the best Mortal Kombat game ever made? Is this the worst Mortal Kombat game ever made? Which character is top tier? Which character is low tier? Which move is overpowered? Which move sucks? Post your day 1 hot take in this thread. You are immune to getting blown up even if you are catastrophically wrong as long as you keep your hot take in this thread.

My hot take is that Noob sucks and needs buffs to his normal attacks.

Your turn.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Picking up a shift of 3 - 9 PM and forgetting that MK drops at something like 8:30 PM and closes at 9:30 PM until you get home and see people talking about the game dropping fucking sucks.

Hot take.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Kitana sucks and Cassie's buttons are amazing. She's almost always safe or plus. Liu looks dangerous as well.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Ladies and gentlemen, Mortal Kombat 11 has finally officially been released!

If you have known me over the many years that I have been part of this community, you know that I am infamous for my Zod and Tremor day 1 hot takes. I am interested in your Mortal Kombat 11 hot takes. Is this the best Mortal Kombat game ever made? Is this the worst Mortal Kombat game ever made? Which character is top tier? Which character is low tier? Which move is overpowered? Which move sucks? Post your day 1 hot take in this thread. You are immune to getting blown up even if you are catastrophically wrong as long as you keep your hot take in this thread.

My hot take is that Noob sucks and needs buffs to his normal attacks.

Your turn.
Jade is bottom tier again. She's good but everyone else is better.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Played it for 20-30 minutes and I like it more than any other MK. Very smooth and gorgeous. As for the mechanics, I only played Liu Kang and he’s fucking amazing.
The toughest bit for me was to constantly perfect block and do the u2/u3 wake up but I think it takes time to master it. The thing I liked is that they changed bycicle’s inputs from ridiculous fbf4 into bf4 and that flying kick is so fast it literally catches someone falling from the air fireball in the last moment.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I really thought I'd like Noob or Raiden... nope, not really. I am loving the Kollector. I basically just ended up picking him in practice as I assumed he'd be the least likely for me to be able to play with.

His B1 is a great footsie tool that leads to a quick mid-hitting combo. I'm not top player so don't take my thoughts too seriously.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
I think this might be the best MK game to date, way better than MKX and mayyyybe better than MK2 im not sure yet. I'm loving everything about the game so far but i don't really like the roster, stages got way better than MKX thu but it still lack some classic stages like Deadpool, Subway, The Pit etc. I don't get why the pit is not in the game when it's already full made in the Krypt, and i wanted to see atleast Reptile and Ermac man, 25 characters and only 3 male ninjas i am still trying to believe that. (fuck jaqui thu xD)

Lisbeth

Kitana stole my sai
Cassie is amazing and Elder Dumbass is Hsu Hao levels of trash and waste of slot. Krypt is fun, Towers seems convoluted as fuck and the grind is real.

also, goddammit every single skin looks the fricking same, I'm so disappointed by this system, I can't believe I'm saying this but Injustice 2 did it better

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
Cassie is amazing and Elder Dumbass is Hsu Hao levels of trash and waste of slot. Krypt is fun, Towers seems convoluted as fuck and the grind is real.

also, goddammit every single skin looks the fricking same, I'm so disappointed by this system, I can't believe I'm saying this but Injustice 2 did it better
you are right about the skin thing, im a lil dissapointed aswell but atleast we got a fuckton of masks and stuff. i love that

Everything moves at such a slow pace, combo execution is only slightly tricky with timing so theres no advantage to be had there

The storymode had some great moments but overall was so bad and cheesy storywise, sonya looks and sounds terrible, I want a run button, the roster has some great choices but frost/cassie/jacquie took away from so many better options. fatal blows should take away all meters after and shouldnt return after trying them

I waited for so long, but literally got bored and shut it off, make this game move faster and give me Smoke/Motaro/Cybernetic Lin Kieui