What's new

What is your day 1 hot take?

Wigy

There it is...
Pokes are plus on hit but negative on block. If you block thier poke you can return a poke on reversal, if you hit then you are garanteed faster moves as follow up like 7-8 frame mids.
For example if they poke you and you block it and follow back with poke you are negative 4-5 on block this means your 7 frame high will come out 4-5 frames slower making it 11-12 frames startup instead of 7.
If you catch them on hit with poke you are plus so you are able to follow with 9-11 frame mid on frame reversal to keep them from pokeing back.
The poke war is reacting to the poke being on hit vs block and acting accordingly.

No one can d1 or D3 you multiple times if you Block the second one and reversal and if they are just mashing D1 or D3 you will be able to follow up into combo if you reversal fast enough. This has been in MK9 and MKX.
I'm totally aware of how it all works. It just seems a lot of pokes can be rattled out quicker in terms of duration, gotta account for reactions and shit.

Probably just working out kinks from a new game and timing is all. Maybe it's just cause it's new and everyone's mashing but trying to get a high out after a hit with a poke always just gets mashed.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You haaaaaave to be some sort of nrs spy or something. I have neeeever heard you be critical of nrs for absolutely anything haha.. it’s okay to point out their mistakes as well as their triumphs you know
Then you’re not paying attention. I was one of the biggest critics of MKX’s playstyle with constant run+50/50+long normals early on. I’ve also been pretty vocal about Injustice balance, and the fact that MK9 was a broken game that people look at through rose-colored glasses.

You’re seeing what you want to see, but I’ve always just called it straight when it comes to our games.

Last edited:

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
The tutorials are the best ever - very comprehensive. It has the potential to really up the game of casuals. This could result in more people playing competitively. I am super impressed by this!

The story line is a mess. The graphics in it are beautiful and I appreciate the quality / quantity of cut scenes.

Many of the standard variations are pretty dull or missing moves to make them interesting.

There are some fantastic stages and I appreciate the work NRS put in to them. Love the NRS one as a little fan service too :)

EDIT

One other thing... Fatal blows in their current iteration seem like too much reward for too little risk. You should get 1 FB attempt per match and if you use it and it's blocked, you should lose it. I think that would make people be a little tactical with it rather than just throwing it out.

Well from what i've seen krushing blows are really punishable on block and have no armor on the first frames so I don't have a problem with it.