What's new

What is your #1 worry about Mortal Kombat X?

What is your #1 worry about MKX?

• Online Issues (example: Laggy gameplay, no rage quit punishing, reigon locking, etc)

Votes: 144 55.4%
  • Balancing Issues (example: Some characters are super good, others are super bad)

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Characters that are to similar to others (example: Cassie being to similar to Johnny and Sonya, etc)

Votes: 15 5.8%
  • Bad review scores from gaming sites (example: The game is great, but gets a lot of bad reviews, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Story (example: The story turns out to be bad, boring, short, ruins the story of MK, etc)

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Other (post specifics in the comments)

Votes: 26 10.0%
  • No worries! I'm fine!

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
It'll tighten the neutral up and create more of a spacing and footsie game. It'll also encourage walking more, and if anti airs are any good, discourage jumping. Seems like the neutral will be real ground based, rushdown oriented.
I 100% agree. I'm more excited about MKX than I have been any other fighter. It could be the first MK to truly jump over the hump in the tournament scene.(meaning taken more seriously longer)

Gamer68

Fujin!
Everyone needs to tweet boon and tell him we demand information about the netcode.
Probably won't work. They will just ignore that, or say something like: "We know a lot of people want to know about the netcode, but we can't talk about that right now. What we can say though, is that it should be better than Injustice".

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I 100% agree. I'm more excited about MKX than I have been any other fighter. It could be the first MK to truly jump over the hump in the tournament scene.(meaning taken more seriously longer)
I agree. I just feel people try to hard to compete against capcom games. they will always be the fan favorite in the competitive scene because they always have been.

I feel for NRS games we need to come up with a fresh and more innovative idea. Like smash creating a new ruleset for their newest title.

Smash is the greatest example of a casual game turned competitive. NRS is in 2nd place of most popular casual FG, but in nearly last place in the competive scene, only having dwarfed anime games.

We need hype, we need innovation, and most importantly we need meaning.

Hopefully MKX opens up these gateways..

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Online is the only concern. I'd feel great if they even touched on it or acknowledged that their netcode has sucked in the past. If I were NRS and starting a new MK game, the priorities would go like this...

1. Get a game design concept in mind.

2. Pour every available resource into having the best online netcode and feature rich experience possible. Test with stick figure outlines of characters if need be.

3. THEN and only then...start looking at concept designs for Scorpion and Sub zero.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
More than online issues I'm worried about unfixable glitches like input bug and meter drain glitch. These are the things that truly held back the MK9 competitive scene. NRS proved with Injustice that they can make a game relatively free of issues like this but I'm worried one could randomly pop in MKX.

Also voted for online. Although I'm also concerned about the practice mode. At least give us the ability to record a training dummy so I can practice punishing moves and stuff.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Probably won't work. They will just ignore that, or say something like: "We know a lot of people want to know about the netcode, but we can't talk about that right now. What we can say though, is that it should be better than Injustice".
If they said that it would be the most glorious thing ever. That would mean they worked to make it better wich is all We can ask for.

Gamer68

Fujin!
If they said that it would be the most glorious thing ever. That would mean they worked to make it better wich is all We can ask for.
True... But the word "should" seems to always worry me; especially when they still refuse to talk about something.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Online mainly, seeing as once I actually got injustice and MK9 down the online environment wasn't playable anymore due to lag :/

From what they've shown so far though I have faith that they're doing everything they can to get us the full package :) go NRS!!!

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Net play. And not another repeat of kabal or MMH. Basically no top tier that's too good. Their needs to be some bad characters IMO.

JDM

Noob
Defintely the Online. I will be super pissed if i spent four hundred+ dollars on a ps4 for mkx just to have shit netplay.

There is absolutely NO excuse for a bad netcode nowadays. Killer Instincts is nearly flawless. Sf4's is way way better than injustices. Tekken Tag Two's netcode is amazing as is soul calibur v's.

They seriously better not fuck this up. I'll be so disappointed. I want to grind this game online like i did with mk9 back when i was a scrub. Now that i play offline i cannot get used to huge lag like inj or mk9s netcode.

Please nrs. Don't fuck this up.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Im glad you did this thread OP

We really need an answer for Network issues
im assuming since they are putting so much spotlight on online modes that it should be alot better, because they never in either MK9 or injustice mention anything about online modes other than it has a KOTH, but at the same time, Ed always dodging the question worries me too

Gamer68

Fujin!
Interesting facts about the votes/poll/thread:
  • About 65% of users say that the online play not being good enough is what worries them the most. A total of 34 votes.
  • About 15% of users say that balancing issues is what worries them the most. A total of 8 votes. 2nd most voted.
    • (This means a LOT of users are worried about the online play)
  • The poll has gotten around 52 votes.
  • The thread has gotten around 42 replies.
  • The thread has only been open for about an hour.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
online play is the biggest worry and this is definitely one thing they always say they get right on the next game but still only get marginally better.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Im glad you did this thread OP

We really need an answer for Network issues
im assuming since they are putting so much spotlight on online modes that it should be alot better, because they never in either MK9 or injustice mention anything about online modes other than it has a KOTH, but at the same time, Ed always dodging the question worries me too
Indeed. I wonder why NetherRealm is working so hard to NOT talk about most of the stuff in the game. Don't they want to show it off more? I mean, for a long time, we didn't even know half the roster. They still haven't shown a lot of the modes. No words on online play... it's kinda weird.

EDIT: I meant "No words on netcode". Sorry!

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Defintely the Online. I will be super pissed if i spent four hundred+ dollars on a ps4 for mkx just to have shit netplay.

There is absolutely NO excuse for a bad netcode nowadays. Killer Instincts is nearly flawless. Sf4's is way way better than injustices. Tekken Tag Two's netcode is amazing as is soul calibur v's.

They seriously better not fuck this up. I'll be so disappointed. I want to grind this game online like i did with mk9 back when i was a scrub. Now that i play offline i cannot get used to huge lag like inj or mk9s netcode.

Please nrs. Don't fuck this up.
Comparing it to KI is perfect, here we have a game that from the outside seems niche and not respected, but if anyone knows this game, the online community flourishes. It's easily the most passionate and responsive online community there is. MKX could have this same success as well.

Gamer68

Fujin!
they are gonna be playable. idk why anyone even doubted it
Even though I agree with you (I think they will both be playable at this point. Johnny has already been confirmed by Adam), I would like to ask something: Could we please not turn this into another argument?

I'm not saying that's what I think you are trying to do, I'm just asking, honestly. I didn't really want this thread to turn into another "Johnny and Sonya is going to be playable!", "No they aren't!" thread. That is all...