What's new

What is Wrong With These People!? - The U.S. Politics Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm offended that you all forgot to mention manifest destiny as a violent Christian movement. Trail of tears is the American version of the holocaust train system, but no one seems to ever remember it.

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.
Oh yeah, good point. NRA in Ireland is another prime example.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'm such a baby lolol I stumbled upon this video by accident. I was in a good mood. Now I'm fucking crying and sad.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

eks

Noob
Newsweek is a serious news outlet, but that isn't a real cover.

EDIT:
I guess it actually is. That Sullivan guy is apparently an openly gay journalist, and has made some statements about his reaction to Obama supporting gay marriage.

I would think that they're meaning he's the first president that supports gay marriage rather than saying he's actually gay and they put it that way to generate publicity. The issue isn't out, so we won't know 'til it's released.

Zoidberg747

Newsweek is a serious news outlet, but that isn't a real cover.

EDIT:
I guess it actually is. That Sullivan guy is apparently an openly gay journalist, and has made some statements about his reaction to Obama supporting gay marriage.

I would think that they're meaning he's the first president that supports gay marriage rather than saying he's actually gay and they put it that way to generate publicity. The issue isn't out, so we won't know 'til it's released.
Still kind of a misleading title for Newsweek lol

Espio

Kokomo
OMG..why did I watch that video....I never cry but video literally pierced my soul. Families should love and be able to overcome their predjudices for the sake of family and love each other, this is more disturbing because it's his own family, it goes against everything family should be, loving and kind, regardless of who you love or your differences.

Zoidberg747

OMG..why did I watch that video....I never cry but video literally pierced my soul. Families should love and be able to overcome their predjudices for the sake of family and love each other, this is more disturbing because it's his own family, it goes against everything family should be, loving and kind, regardless of who you love or your differences.
Im still pissed about it and I watched it yesterday.

Flagg

Noob
Religion rears it's ugly head again.

I've known gay guys say if they could choose to be gay, they would, but they can't.

People are born gay, it's genetic. To still think that they're people out there that think people choose to be gay or it's something cured by medicine need to get off the bible thumping and kool aid. But we're talking about people that think the earth is 10,000 years old and that God put dinosaur fossils and oil in the ground. You can't reason with insanity like that.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
But we're talking about people that think the earth is 10,000 years old and that God put dinosaur fossils and oil in the ground. You can't reason with insanity like that.
Don't forget that 'God' made us in his image! 'God' can't be gay though, that might go against his whole I WANT TO SLAUGHTER YOUR FAMILY MERCILESSLY AND CONDEMN YOU TO HELL...but I love you ideology. 'God' and 'Satan' are the same person, it's just some 'divine' being with a multiple personality disorder. :coffee:

Kinda reminds me of an ex-girlfriend...give the guy some meds already and throw him into a mental institution with some padded walls.

nwo

Noob
I got news for you guys. Religion and Gay marriage, these are called "political footballs." They are diversion topics for the mass public. There are plenty more important issues to debate, these aren't them.

Tolkeen

/wrists
What do you mean civil rights? What right doesn't a gay have that a straight has?
The right to marry the person they love.

Or in most heterosexual cases, the right to get drunk in Vegas and make a life changing decision in 5 minutes. Don't say civil union is the same because it still limits visitation in hospitals and it's also over 50 pages of legal paperwork. A marriage license is one signature.

nwo

Noob
The right to marry the person they love.

Or in most heterosexual cases, the right to get drunk in Vegas and make a life changing decision in 5 minutes. Don't say civil union is the same because it still limits visitation in hospitals and it's also over 50 pages of legal paperwork. A marriage license is one signature.

Well I'm happy you said "the right to marry the person they love." Because a straight cant marry the same sex either. Unless maybe they are in a lawless unconstitutional state like California. But, like I said, gay marriage is being used as a political football.

nwo

Noob
What is the point of marriage anyway? I think it says more when two unmarried people stay together for a length of time, than a married couple. To me marriage is just a document that I could wipe my ass with, unless you are talking about some kind of tax break.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
What I found insulting is that you degraded a civil rights issue that's hugely important to many people, myself included, to a "diversion topic". Maybe it's not important to you, but that doesn't mean it's not an important issue.

Yes, it's a civil right. Yes, I realize the dumbass argument of a gay person can still marry a person of the opposite sex. That doesn't mean anything toward the fact that they are forbidden to marry the only gender they can feel physically and emotionally attracted to. What actual good reason would you have to deny gays the right to a legal standing of marriage, which obviously comes with other benefits that they could not otherwise receive.

*edit* you do realize tax breaks are not the only thing you gain with a marriage, right?

also "lawless unconstitutional state" lol

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I got news for you guys. Religion and Gay marriage, these are called "political footballs." They are diversion topics for the mass public. There are plenty more important issues to debate, these aren't them.
BULL SHIT. when republicains go out of their way in republican controlled states and in the House with not one not 2 But Multiple random bills about gay rights or abortion rights it becomes their platform. when they were trying to get in office back in 2010 they were all about JOBS JOBS JOBS instead the number one issue they have been working on and sadly getting passed are abortion laws, union killing laws, removing equal pay for women laws, and doing everything they can to pass laws stating gays cant get married IN STATES THAT ALREADY HAVE LAWS STATING GAYS CANT GET MARRIED they are insisting on pushing these bills through for no reason but to waste time and tax payer money look at North carolina as one example.. if you want to have talk about the "real issues" then fucking start passing bills that actually deal with the real issues...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/87be7156f5/republicans-get-in-my-vagina

What do you mean civil rights? What right doesn't a gay have that a straight has?
the USA has laws that permit one group of people to be able to and freely do this certain thing, however they tell this other group of people that they cant do it reducing them to second class citizens..
WHICH MAKES IT A CIVIL RIGHTS ISSUE!!

nwo

Noob
What I found insulting is that you degraded a civil rights issue that's hugely important to many people, myself included, to a "diversion topic". Maybe it's not important to you, but that doesn't mean it's not an important issue.

Yes, it's a civil right. Yes, I realize the dumbass argument of a gay person can still marry a person of the opposite sex. That doesn't mean anything toward the fact that they are forbidden to marry the only gender they can feel physically and emotionally attracted to. What actual good reason would you have to deny gays the right to a legal standing of marriage, which obviously comes with other benefits that they could not otherwise receive.

*edit* you do realize tax breaks are not the only thing you gain with a marriage, right?
No, I'm not married. What other benefits can you "gain" from being married?

I never said it wasn't a topic for debate. I just said that it's being used as a diversion topic, when our basic rights are under full assault, this topic doesn't rank in my top 10. Don't make me list them. If you really want to get married, just move to California. If you are in this country illegally, just move to one of the many sanctuary cities throughout the country.