What's new

What is up with the kano hate?

Simply put, why do people hate kano? I mean personally, i think the dude loss all of his power due to those damn nerfs (which were needed). So whats up with people disliking this character? Not just that, NO ONE chooses him online (PSN Servers) He's still a good character, he's fast, you just have to know what you are doing. Is it because he's a villian? I think he's one of the most interesting characters on the game, just my opinion though.

Kano is a good character, but i think he has cheap varability of attacks, and not a good answear if under pressure. If u have to work in antiair is probably prefered someone like scorp or sektor that can start a combo and not only an upball...This is my opinion....

Noob Saibot? Lol. People compare Kano to Noob Saibot? His zoning advantage is nowhere near that good (especially after nerfs). Yeah, you may see knifes and upball alot from kano, but the dude is not all that versatile in his moveset to be honest. I mean come on, his moves range from a ball, one that goes up and knifes. Seriously? That is one of the most basic movesets in this game. Let's not forget that but all of kano's moves can be easily stuffed, along with the fact that they don't have any specific type of useful properties.

MCTheRipper, i think you might have the idea. People always seem to choose that "win button character" aka characters that they don't personally like, but they think they are more than likely to win with. What happened to picking characters and standing by them because of their awesomeness, not what they can do?

cause a lot of people think "i wanna be strong in stats", and think to win, spamming or using a char that is strong (in their brain) only cause is used by perfect legend, tom brady e co.....mosto of tha psn players are only casual gamer, who choose his favourite char and train it is an hardocre player that have passion for this game.

Espio

Kokomo
I dunno, probably because he calls people bitches all the time and trolls like a motha?

He's not that bad, people just get mad at his shenanigans and cannot deal, but I only see him used by cheesers online, I fought one or two good Kanos online since release.

cause a lot of people think "i wanna be strong in stats", and think to win, spamming or using a char that is strong (in their brain) only cause is used by perfect legend, tom brady e co.....mosto of tha psn players are only casual gamer, who choose his favourite char and train it is an hardocre player that have passion for this game.
I don't know what you mean by that, but there's no passion in choosing a character for his/her advantages. Somebody that has a REAL passion for the game gets strong with the character they like and from there keeps building. Not choosing a character that is already strong. [Looks at Street fighter] Thats right ryu,ken,akuma,seth players.

I dunno, probably because he calls people bitches all the time and trolls like a motha?

He's not that bad, people just get mad at his shenanigans and cannot deal, but I only see him used by cheesers online, I fought one or two good Kanos online since release.
I think this might be the case, half of my rage quits end with when i am doing one of my bitch combos. He is a troll character but so is noob saibot, but everybody seems to love that dude as far as i see.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Yea most people don't use kano because of his "low" percent combos. I forget what match I was doing and someone did a 37% combo and the announcer goes "that's pretty good" ummm pretty good? imo doing 30%+ combos is good and all that's really needed as long a you are getting proper pokes in.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Simply because no one uses/places with him in tournaments. If someone came and won a major with him, suddenly he would be 'top 5' and people would pick him up.

I don't know what you mean by that, but there's no passion in choosing a character for his/her advantages. Somebody that has a REAL passion for the game gets strong with the character they like and from there keeps building. Not choosing a character that is already strong. [Looks at Street fighter] Thats right ryu,ken,akuma,seth players.
I would say what u sayed, that i choose my main cause i like his gampleay, not cause i think he's good for easy wins....

than kano has a 39% combos w 1 bar, not really low, its quit, cage has loe percentual combos but other attitude, like kano has great specials

Simply because no one uses/places with him in tournaments. If someone came and won a major with him, suddenly he would be 'top 5' and people would pick him up.
Lol, you're probably right. But none the less, you don't see many kanos in tournaments. Sadly enough, the dude loses alot of matchups. Especially nightwolf, sindel, noob, (i personally have the most trouble with scorpions), sub-zero, baraka, kenshi, sonya, reptile, smoke.

Espio

Kokomo
I think this might be the case, half of my rage quits end with when i am doing one of my bitch combos. He is a troll character but so is noob saibot, but everybody seems to love that dude as far as i see.
lol which is ironic because I'd rather fight Kano anyday, Noob is much worse, especially online. I used Kano for about 2 weeks online, he's a ton of fun, but I don't like to troll, I feel bad afterwards:oops:.

I just like that he's gritty and nasty, it's a huge departure from his clean shaven male counterparts, really makes him stand out.

lol which is ironic because I'd rather fight Kano anyday, Noob is much worse, especially online. I used Kano for about 2 weeks online, he's a ton of fun, but I don't like to troll, I feel bad afterwards:oops:.

I just like that he's gritty and nasty, it's a huge departure from his clean shaven male counterparts, really makes him stand out.
Thats why he's my favorite, he's friggin ruthless and diabolical. That's why i'm trying to understand why no one uses him. I mean on psn, i see like 1 kano a month other than me, IF i'm lucky. By the way, i notice your quote picture, a jade and a stryker user? (2 other characters i don't see at all)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah! The only way to show passion is to pick low tier characters and try and win with them! It doesn't matter if you're favorite character happens to be the best, you don't have PASSION if you pick top tier! WHERE'S THE PASSION!?!?? Stop being cheap players and liking characters that are good. Like the shitty characters please!

Yeah! The only way to show passion is to pick low tier characters and try and win with them! It doesn't matter if you're favorite character happens to be the best, you don't have PASSION if you pick top tier! WHERE'S THE PASSION!?!?? Stop being cheap players and liking characters that are good. Like the shitty characters please!
Yeah, figured a troll was gonna come eventually *facepalms*. Look kid, kano is not even low tier, in fact he is actually a strong character. This thread is about why the hell people have so much hate stored up for him. That high tier reference was towards street fighter. If your favorite is top tier, pick them i don't give a shit, i don't even take online that seriously. i play for the hell of it (even though i have gotten frustrated and rage quit on some undeserving people quite a few times....yeah thats right i rage quit...sue me). Besides, the shotos on street fighter have as much personality as a wet towel (except for akuma), no one uses them for who they are, they use them cause they are the easiest to win with.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, figured a troll was gonna come eventually *facepalms*. Look kid, kano is not even low tier, in fact he is actually a strong character. This thread is about why the hell people have so much hate stored up for him. That high tier reference was towards street fighter. If your favorite is top tier, pick them i don't give a shit, i don't even take online that seriously. i play for the hell of it (even though i have gotten frustrated and rage quit on some undeserving people quite a few times....yeah thats right i rage quit...sue me). Besides, the shotos on street fighter have as much personality as a wet towel (except for akuma), no one uses them for who they are, they use them cause they are the easiest to win with.

Espio

Kokomo
Thats why he's my favorite, he's friggin ruthless and diabolical. That's why i'm trying to understand why no one uses him. I mean on psn, i see like 1 kano a month other than me, IF i'm lucky. By the way, i notice your quote picture, a jade and a stryker user? (2 other characters i don't see at all)

lol yes sir, I love them both immensely, I will never drop Stryker, I don't care if he was gutter tier, he's my guy and always will be in any game he's playable. My love for Jade came in Deception when she was kicking Tanya's butt :D .
I also use Sheeva and Rain:cool:.

On topic:

Part of it is people going with most accessible first, part of it is tiers mostly I guess. If Kano, Jade, or Stryker were Kung Lao or Raiden level, we'd be seeing them all the time online.

lol yes sir, I love them both immensely, I will never drop Stryker, I don't care if he was gutter tier, he's my guy and always will be in any game he's playable. My love for Jade came in Deception when she was kicking Tanya's butt :D .
I also use Sheeva and Rain:cool:.

On topic:

Part of it is people going with most accessible first, part of it is tiers mostly I guess. If Kano, Jade, or Stryker were Kung Lao or Raiden level, we'd be seeing them all the time online.
i couldn't fight with rain like i do with kano, so i gave him up. When i did play him, i was ok, but nothing more. I miss sheeva and jade players so much :(. Where did they go?