What's new

What is up with the kano hate?

Flagg

Noob
I use Kano and Skarlet and they couldn't be any more different.

I love Kano, but he's easy to use. Evn his rush down is basic (but effective).

Kano doesn't necessarily have many bad match ups either.

Espio

Kokomo
Optimistman

AU_IM_DIGIMON, Rossdaboss, and some others use Sheeva and do well with her, last I heard DIGI hasn't been playing much lately.

Birdsongs, ViolentSunflower and some people whose names escape me also use Jade and they use her brilliantly. I'm actually very delighted to see them using her at such a level.

The general online community seems to ignore them, but not their hardcore fans.

I use Kano and Skarlet and they couldn't be any more different.

I love Kano, but he's easy to use. Evn his rush down is basic (but effective).

Kano doesn't necessarily have many bad match ups either.
you know what, i think i do suck then. Cause i see it the opposite way - kano has too many bad matchups. Practice mode, here i come.

By the way, kano may be easy to play with, but in my opinion hard to win with. Kinda like guy in super street fighter 4 arcade edition. Thats why you don't see every kid and their mom using him *coughs* scorpion *cough* .But like I said, maybe i just suck.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Kano isn't that good, sorry. Nobody hates him, he is stupid online with up ball, but that's online. People hate Reptile and Raiden online for the same reason; they're better characters overall though.

Pre-castration by NRS, yeah...Kano was alright. But he's been ruined by them. His knives were fine and you had stupid online warriors complaining about it.

Kano hate isn't new, but when a man puts balls on your face and calls you a bitch, it's hard not to. :D

Seriously though, to those saying he "isn't good", well. . . I don't know what to tell you through a forum, if you haven't seen how good he can be already.

Sparing his trait that people simply can't jump in on him at all (unless they have a an armor contingency plan--which you usually see coming), and the fact that he comes at you with %29-%33 combos, from safe strings, high or low, he still has a strong zoning game (even with "fair" knives) against most of the cast. Not to mention his anti-air/bait traps are even more threat, making you just not want to approach a good Kano player.

Oh, and I forgot the part about come-back potential and his chip damage block strings--half this thread's on drugz ya'll.

Plop

Noob
I gotta say, part of the reason i use Kano is cos nobody else does. Whenever someone else picks Kano online i get all stroppy, ESPECIALLY if they beat me lol. I hate seeing characters overused...but this game isnt nearly as bad as some of the other games in the FGC

I think the reason nobody uses him though is cos, as much as i love him, he just really doesnt have any depth. he doesnt have any real severe disadvantages or anything but he doesnt really excell in any particular area either. There's not gonna be any groundbreaking new discoveries with him that'll make him top tier or anything. I certainly dont think he's a bad character, far from it (there are NO bad characters in this game), but NRS really did spoil some chars rotten by giving them every tool in the shed and not sharing them out with the rest of the cast (Kung Lao im lookin at you). Sometimes i think they picked out the important story goodguy characters and/or the most popular ones that sell the most merchandise or whatever, and went out of their way to make them the best.

I will say, however, (and i've said this since day one) that Kano is by far the most fun character to play (Baraka and Mileena are up there too). That's just a bloody lucky coincidence though, in my case, cos he's been my favorite char since MK1...(until Baraka came along anyway, now i've got 2 favorites. Rich Divizio characters FTW)

I strongly believe that you should pick your main either because a) Its your favorite character and/or b) They are the character you have the most fun using. However, i understand that the pros need to win in order to keep their sponsorships, so you can't really blame them for tier-whoring.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kano isn't that good, sorry. Nobody hates him, he is stupid online with up ball, but that's online. People hate Reptile and Raiden online for the same reason; they're better characters overall though.

Pre-castration by NRS, yeah...Kano was alright. But he's been ruined by them. His knives were fine and you had stupid online warriors complaining about it.
Correct.

Kano is not a strong character. Actually, he never was with the exception of that time when he had quick-recoverying knives and a very safe up ball.

I$AAC

Noob
as I'm sure alot of you know, I main kano and have either won or placed well in tourneys with him.He's been my main since the inception of this game and I feel that I know this character in and out.

That being said, Kano is NOT a good character. Yes, he has basic tools to get the job done. His problem is that he has to work harder for everything other characters can do with half of the effort. He's not HORRIBLE by any means, but just isn't as good as the other characters. NRS really fucked him over. Yes, in his LOLUpball days, upball was an issue and the recovery needed to be fixed. But that was all that needed to be fixed. They should've not changed his startup and they had NO reason to even touch his knives.

Kano is not a horrible character, but he's a shell of his former self.

Ever since I've been playing Kano in MK9, I get shit for him being an "easy" character. Everyone, and I mean everyone I ever beat with Kano talks about how they picked up Kano and jumped online without even practicing and won every match because he's so easy to use.

Well, I'm sorry that your D,F punch command is so much harder to input than mine. Truly, you are more skilled than I.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
...the dude loses alot of matchups .... sindel .... scorpions .... baraka .... sonya .... reptile ....
why do you think he loses these matchups? baraka is certainly at least 5-5, if not 6-4 in kano's favor, and nothing in particular should make the other matchups too awful. reptile has trouble getting in safely on knives, sindel's air game can get shut down by knives similar to kitana, and scorpion and sonya shouldn't be anything other than 5-5.

as for...
.... noob .... sub-zero ....

it isn't nearly as bad of a matchup as i'd have considered it a few months ago, you just have to approach things differently. knives and sweep to shut down upclones, and kano has several ways to get out of corner ice clone pressure at least semi-safely.... it also appears sub-zero has trouble punishing upball consistently, may've just been player error but you see the first hit of 2,2 whiff a few times he tries to punish.

on topic, i don't know anyone who's straight up said to me "i hate kano." i've had people quit on me online the instant i choose him, though. upball and knives are seen as pretty fucking cheap against people who don't know how to play the game.

Alas, if only Kano were head for the hills br0k3n then he'd be "strong" and "good."

:(

Sry, BEENEE, you heard it here first: Kano's not str0nk enuf--no reason to keep beating everyone /w him.

/pours 40 on ground

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
When it comes to basics hes the Guile of MK. He punishes almost everything when it comes to people who do dumb shit so the get butthurt by his knives and upball even though just like his counterpart, its all a risk. This is i why always deal with scrubs who wanna pick kano and own me end up getting shitted on. People who blow ass (mostly everyone in every game), think hes a "cheap" characters, even though he has so many useless moves. The main issue starts with the basics of the game but i could go on forver.

Kano hate is just butthurt by scrubs

Flagg

Noob
Kano scrubs irritate me and I main Kano!

I don't think Kano is terrible. I mean I think a lot of people underestimate how good he can be when he get's in your face.

The Guile analogy is quite a good one, because like Guile, one minor buff to Kano could make him very, very powerful. I would still prefer to see his ex choke have armour rather than his ball, but it is what it is now.

I just don't like it when things animate super fast, like Kano's Up an Straight ball. I'm not talking about move properties, but the actual visuals of it. It's weird, I know, but that's why I don't like Kano.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I just don't like it when things animate super fast, like Kano's Up an Straight ball. I'm not talking about move properties, but the actual visuals of it. It's weird, I know, but that's why I don't like Kano.
You'd see his balls otherwise. They're supposedly really hairy; just like his chest and beard. He actually just pulls his hairy balls out and uppercuts you with 'em real fast, if you slow down the frames you'll see it! Kano's got a bad case of elephantitis.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
tbh idky people hate on kano. Idky much about him but i can see why hes low tier. Low tier in the game doesnt mean your character sucks. Kano is solid. so is noob.

It just characters like kano, noob, nightwolf, etc. lack dirt compared to the top tiers

Flagg

Noob
tbh idky people hate on kano. Idky much about him but i can see why hes low tier. Low tier in the game doesnt mean your character sucks. Kano is solid. so is noob.

It just characters like kano, noob, nightwolf, etc. lack dirt compared to the top tiers
Arguably, Kano, NW, NS, etc....are the definition of balanced characters?