What's new

What is the origin of you TYM or online gamer tag name?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
My username is a shortened version of my psn. Carter is cuz Vince Carter was one of my favorite players to watch during the 2000's and 35 for Durant b4 he joined GSW

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Samsara is an Eastern religious principle regarding the endless cycle of life and death on which the material world is subject to. The only freedom from Samsara is Nirvana.

My profile quote underscores this idea. "Time is a flat circle" meaning everything in life moves in a continuously unbroken cycle (this is inevitable, much like how the hands move along a clock face).

I find my life to be tedious in nature, full of mistakes I could have avoided repeating had I paid attention to the patterns.

This cynical worldview was brought to life by the philosopher Nietzsche (Eternal Recurrence), and his work was perhaps most popularized via True Detective, an HBO series.

I loved that first season.

Owerbart

I miss you
My screen name and my PSN is pretty much the same screen name that I've used online since I was 21 years old, and it comes from the nickname of my all-time favorite wrestler, "Lionheart" Chris Jericho.
BREAK THE WALLS DOWNNN! I'm a huge jericho mark. Hopefully he can beat page for the title.

i got my name from an old chess magazine that mispelled "oberwart" which is a place in austria. I liked it mispelled and had it ever since

Matix218

Get over here!
I skateboarded for many years and my favorite skate clothing company was called Matix. I had used it for AIM and other email addresses for years. The 218 was randomly generated by playstation network when I was trying to just get "Matix" as my psn tag years ago so I just stuck with it lol.

One of my favorite video game villains is Shao Kahn, Emperor of Outworld & my first name is Keith.

My GT is literally my initials and area code lol. I was like 13 when I made it and it stuck.

Hot_DNA

Noob
TYM
Hot_DNA -
House of Trap: I use to play Rocket raccoon and Pheonix in UMVC3, So i was constantly putting traps on the ground and I use to have marvel sessions at my house all the time and I was 'trappin' at the time lol.. So everybody in Philly called my crib the House of Trap.. DNA was my high school rap name that stood for Dat Ninja( yall know what I wanna say) Ant

PSN: Clemson215... I'm a die hard Clemson fan and philly's area code is 215

xKMMx

Banned
BREAK THE WALLS DOWNNN! I'm a huge jericho mark. Hopefully he can beat page for the title.

i got my name from an old chess magazine that mispelled "oberwart" which is a place in austria. I liked it mispelled and had it ever since
Dude I was in high school when the whole Y2J thing happened and Jericho came over to WWE. I was a fan of his when he was just the WCW Cruiser weight champ during the Monday Night wars. When he came out for the first time on RAW I lost my shit.

xKMMx

Banned
By the sounds of some of these origins I may be closer to age with some of you than I thought. I'm 36 and barely just got back into gaming a couple years ago after a long time not playing any video games. Watching these pro comps and judging the tone and jargon used in the hate mail I get online I figured most people in to this game on a high enough level to want to be competitive level were like 25 max.

Owerbart

I miss you
Dude I was in high school when the whole Y2J thing happened and Jericho came over to WWE. I was a fan of his when he was just the WCW Cruiser weight champ during the Monday Night wars. When he came out for the first time on RAW I lost my shit.
i agree man. Him pinning rock and austin on 2001 in the same night was so fucking lit. I was only 9 at the time, and loved his moveset. he's now in AEW, i don't like the promotion at all but i still tune in to any jericho matches.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
By the sounds of some of these origins I may be closer to age with some of you than I thought. I'm 36 and barely just got back into gaming a couple years ago after a long time not playing any video games. Watching these pro comps and judging the tone and jargon used in the hate mail I get online I figured most people in to this game on a high enough level to want to be competitive level were like 25 max.
Well, I'm 28, but I've been a part of this scene for a long time and consequently that means hanging out with younger people. Language is an infectious social disease, what can I say?

xKMMx

Banned
i agree man. Him pinning rock and austin on 2001 in the same night was so fucking lit. I was only 9 at the time, and loved his moveset. he's now in AEW, i don't like the promotion at all but i still tune in to any jericho matches.
I like listening to stories he has told on podcasts on YouTube. He has totally outed Goldberg as an asshole and a total jobber. I love it too cause I HATED Goldberg and the push he got right from the start in WCW. The dudes gimmick and ring style were a total joke and Jericho lets it rip any time a host asks him about him.

xKMMx

Banned
Well, I'm 28, but I've been a part of this scene for a long time and consequently that means hanging out with younger people. Language is an infectious social disease, what can I say?
I wasn't referring to you bro. LOL. Just the shit people call me online when they are salty is a total give away that they are way younger than me.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I wasn't referring to you bro. LOL. Just the shit people call me online when they are salty is a total give away that they are way younger than me.
I didn't think you meant me specifically, but I have found myself using jargon and language from people younger than me is what I was getting at.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm known as Coinflip almost everywhere else. I'd have signed up with that here, but I was being stalked by a then member of this site, so I changed my name. This was just the first thing that came to mind.
Oh shit, I had no idea you were Coinflip!

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
The first fighting game I ever picked up and wanted to play competitively was MK9 and Liu Kang was my first char.

But as I grew older and I found out the meaning of Shaolin, I've tried to imprint some of its teaching into my life...

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I used to suffer pretty badly from night terrors and sleep paralysis. And for the longest time if I was unlucky enough to dream it was always a nightmare.

So instead of being bodied by my own brain, I tried to roll with it. Took on the name NightTrauma because it sounded cool to teenage me and I related to it.

Now days people always ask if I'm in EMS or something due to the name. But nope, I just manage a hardware store and thankfully haven't had any real night trauma in years.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So I used to go by “OJuggernautO” on here and on XBOX.

There’s this game I used to play and still play called “slugs”. It’s a game that has many names, but that’s what we called it. And it’s essentially where two people take turns punching each other in the arm, whoever gives up first loses. You have to punch with the same arm every time, and you get punched in the arm you punch with. Very simple game.

I’ve never lost a game of slugs. That type of pain usually doesn’t really effect me, and I also punch pretty hard (so I’ve been told).

One day I went up against a friend who was absolutely jacked. This dude was nuts, like, was 18 and already been to prison nuts, and he was buff like... well, he just got out of prison. No one really thought I would win a game of slugs vs him. This was the longest match I’ve ever had. Eventually, after about FORTY-FIVE MINUTES of hitting each other as hard as we could, he gave up. His arm was already damaged, and mine wasn’t nearly as bad. It definitely was super bruised later though. But anyway, we all were big into Halo 2, and there was an item in the game called an overshield. And there was a gametype called Juggernaut where the Juggernaut had an overshield and he was essentially the “killer” that everyone else had to kill. So, after seeing that match, my nickname became “The Juggernaut”. Also, Juggernaut is coincidentally my favorite X-Man character. And on top of all that, there was this hilarious dub over back in the day called “I’m the Juggernaut Bitch” which you can still find on YouTube.

So yeah, that’s where my tag as “Juggernaut” came from.

People called me “Juggs” for short, and it was more unique and sounded cool, so that’s what I go by now.

And also... boobs.

Side note, my GT and Twitter handle now is “Juggleypuff”. Which is a combination name. It takes Juggernaut, Juggle (as in a juggle in a fighting game) and my 2nd favorite Pokémon, Jigglypuff (1st fav is Alakazam). I felt it was way more if a unique name, and it wasn’t taken on XBL, PSN OR Twitter, so it was sort if a rebranding type thing.

Here’s a commission of it:

xKMMx

Banned
I used to suffer pretty badly from night terrors and sleep paralysis. And for the longest time if I was unlucky enough to dream it was always a nightmare.

So instead of being bodied by my own brain, I tried to roll with it. Took on the name NightTrauma because it sounded cool to teenage me and I related to it.

Now days people always ask if I'm in EMS or something due to the name. But nope, I just manage a hardware store and thankfully haven't had any real night trauma in years.
Glad to here your over that man. Ive had a couple episodes of sleep paralysis in my lifetime and that is some scary stuff bro.