What's new

What is the origin of you TYM or online gamer tag name?

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Glad to here your over that man. Ive had a couple episodes of sleep paralysis in my lifetime and that is some scary stuff bro.
Thanks! I'm sorry you've also experienced it. It's no fun being afraid to go to sleep.

Now days I'm like S+ tier and taking naps and sleeping lol. Maybe I'm just getting old haha

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I don't believe you for a second.

I feel like it's what you want to do while in Cassie town... :p
STB = I'm in the MK clan STB lol
Sgt = When I was a wee lad back in late middle school/early high school, gaming get togethers were starting to become a HUGE thing and the game played back in these days was Halo: CE and a bit later, Halo 2. When we would gather for said parties, we would all name our spartans names with our last names in them so that everyone knew who was who on your team. The first few guys were naming their character like Major Wilson and Capt whatever, so I just followed along and picked Sgt.
Reed = Last Name (plus see above story)

Before I was in STB I was just SgtReed24 thus...
24 = My favorite MLB player's number. (Ken Griffey Jr)

I've just kept it all these years cause I'm bad with coming up with names for stuff like created characters in video games and the like so... there ya go. I really do need to change it to something cooler and more catchy.
First of all...you’re not wrong. Second, you should change your name to SGT Cassie Town. XD

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I've literally had this exact username for the past 20+years because my creative, 7-year old ass was SUPER into dragons back in the day (still am, low key) and wanted to be called 'Dragon' on Xbox Live. But, it was already taken (surprise, surprise), so I used a randomly generated suggested name instead and this is what I got. It eventually grew on me because it sounds like a caveman from fantasy times curtly answering what he did with his day, so now I just use it everywhere. That, and I'm just too lazy to come up with anything else now. I eventually ended up adding an '01' to it because somehow just 'FoughtDragon' was sometimes taken too.

xKMMx

Banned
I've literally had this exact username for the past 20+years because my creative, 7-year old ass was SUPER into dragons back in the day (still am, low key) and wanted to be called 'Dragon' on Xbox Live. But, it was already taken (surprise, surprise), so I used a randomly generated suggested name instead and this is what I got. I eventually ended up adding an '01' to it because somehow just 'FoughtDragon' was sometimes taken too. Now it's kinda grown on me because it sounds like a caveman from fantasy times curtly answering what he did today.
I thought maybe you just got matched with Dragon once online and were so pumped about it you made your name Fought Dragon

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I thought maybe you just got matched with Dragon once online and were so pumped about it you made your name Fought Dragon
That would have been a better story.But nope! That was just young me flexing the ol' creative muscles. It's funny though. Since my online friends always call me Dragon for short, it's always weird listening to commentary about the actual Dragon. It's like, 'Oh. So that's what it'd sound like if I was that good.'

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Thanks! I'm sorry you've also experienced it. It's no fun being afraid to go to sleep.

Now days I'm like S+ tier and taking naps and sleeping lol. Maybe I'm just getting old haha
I know how that is, sleep paralysis sucks so much. I still get it sometimes when I’m really tired but I try to not let it scare me. I used to have a big problem with panic attacks at night as a kid too, sleep is supposed to be peaceful but when you dread going to bed it’s not a good feeling at all. glad you were able to beat it :D

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
In 2005, I was working in a restaurant. One table had a customer than had ordered a cheeseburger. He flagged me down and said something like "Hey, can you put some jalapenos on that burger?" Or something like that. He wanted to add something. So, I went into the kitchen, and I told the cook to put the jalapenos on the burger. And he asked, "Where do you want them on the burger?"

I found the question to be incredibly bizarre, and I didn't know how to response. So, I just said, "I guess just put them under the mayo."

True story.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Well not ascool as your names but a couple if my friends would complain about how you had to fight a certain way on MK1-2 and Later X saying it was cheap to spam projectiles or the same move. I said there are no laws against it therefore I'll use it until you can beat it. So I made my username LawAbidingCitizen on IM chat. Used it ever since

The Tick was an animated Saturday morning TV show that was a spoof on the superhero genre. One of the villains on the show was named Chairface Chippendale. He had a chair for a head and tried to write his name on the moon with a giant laser. I replaced the Chippendale with Chip n Dale. Another cartoon I enjoyed as a kid

Reactions: Ram

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Ram: my initials are R.M., and the only vowels in my name are A’s. Also, I was born in 1991 year of the ram :)

On PSN, I’m Ramarix. I always try to make my in-game name Ram, but that’s usually too short or already taken, so I just kind of started adding cool-sounding suffixes to it and came up with Ramarix

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Well...when I was little I watched Mad Max as a movie and it really left a mark on me...so being a kid I naturally thought it'd be cool to have something like this for me as well.
So when we started with LAN games back in the Quake 1 ages I set my nick Mad Dan (because my name is Daniel).

Then when I got older it started to sound very corny so I just left the initials there, and since my friends already called me like that I left it like that forever.

After the online craze hit, obviously there were a bazillion Daniels that chose this name so I had to get something less obvious.
But since I couldn't find anything that wasn't atrociously corny, and I was a HUGE Centurion fan (and of course, of Jake Rockwell) I just set my online IDs as SwingShot since it was his gear that I liked the most.

Cooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
I had written an erotic horror novel that got a lot of buzz in several amateur writing communities and websites, one of which the book remained #1 in its category for 3+ years. "Rozalin" is part of the pen name I used when I wrote it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm called Eddy Wang, or Wang Pei Sheng as long as i remember
I did multiple Martial Arts in the past, Kung Fu as main style and from other Martial Artists teachers i learned a bit of couple others such as Karaté, Taekwondo, Capoeira, Muay Thai, Ninjutsu, the Wang in my name comes from the School which i learned, Wang Yu Moon. Its a Martial Art school founded in Angola by our main teacher which has finished Shaolin back in China at his time, he graduated 9 of 41 students to master and were the only person he kept since all other 41 ran away from him, i was under tutelage of one of the 9.

Basically my name means Edson/Eddy From Wang Yu, which is how Chinese MA ppl used to be called, like Wong Fei-Hung from Foo-chan.

At this time i really worked hard and wanted to be a Martial Arts movie Star and was on the way of getting it until goverment took down the movie cinema movement in order to hide corruption (yeah, someone did a documentary about the country corruption and they took it down) So spent a lot of time trying to reconfigure myself.

I worked as Fight Scene Choreographer, Stunt Coordinator, but since i do a lot of stuff including drawing, and writting, these days i even teach English, sometimes i teach math and of course how to play certain games, my name isn't just a gamertag anymore, its basically my artistic name.

I was also on the Country unification between Angola and China where the National Wushu Chinese team came and brought some of their best practictioners at their time, Wang Yu was there and so other Schools such as the Shotokan Karaté School, Angolan Jiu Jitsu Fondation, and many others, i was there and the only person allowed in stage without a Martial Arts uniform and a sidepack.

One of the things that kept me going back then was Carlos Pesina and his work for MKDA i was a practicioner already and was totally inspired, it helped me a lot and made me look for different styles to learn upon the main Kung-Fu which we learned at Wang Yu by then.

These days i'm a guy that weights almost 90kg, i'm a bit fat, i feel a bit old, i still have the knowledge but i do not practice in years, i don't have a yard for training anymore, and i have to wakeup 4am to go make a living, the more we age at my country the harder the life gets, i honestly feel like Marshall Law aftet he quit Tekken and before Tekken 4

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Boring meaning of my nickname is I liked MKX Kano a lot and wanted something associated with him. Deeper meaning of the same nickname is sometimes I get salty at insults or other stuff from people, so the nickname is to remind me that therețs nothing personal in those situations and I should just take it lightly and without taking it personal.
Also my PSN gamer tag is NoCharg49, same as the tym nick, it's a reference to MKX Kano, without a letter because I just skipped it and realized later that it missed. The deeper meaning is if I want something done for pleasure, I'll do it no charge, even if it means bodying you :cool:

A few years ago when I started using voice chat with other players I found it incredibly strange being referred to by whatever dumb screen name I'd chosen for that community, so I now just stick with my regular ol' boring name. On TYM it was taken, so I added an additional "b" and became DAKINGINDANORF.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I rock different names depending on platform. But you gotta be premium here to change your name LOL so I just have to rock with it.

Well to provide some background story.. As a kid there was this old weird guy in my neighborhood, well he wasn't weird but he was just really nice but the other kids loved to make fun of his huge ass owl glasses. He always said "Hi" when you met him outside, and one day my friends and I actually spoke with him - turns out he was a hardcore gamer! We actually traded games at one point LOL. I kinda felt bad that everyone made fun of him despite him being really nice. He had a daughter but she ran away because she was so embarrassed, ot that's the rumor anyway (seems likely though since the other kids gave her a hard time because her dad was the "weird guy")

It was so long ago at the time I was registering on TYM - I don't know why I was reminded of him but his name is "Folmer"... yes for real, good luck pronouncing that. And as a tradition I just slap a "doctor" to all my usernames. Doctor sounds so fkin cool

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Boring meaning of my nickname is I liked MKX Kano a lot and wanted something associated with him. Deeper meaning of the same nickname is sometimes I get salty at insults or other stuff from people, so the nickname is to remind me that therețs nothing personal in those situations and I should just take it lightly and without taking it personal.
Also my PSN gamer tag is NoCharg49, same as the tym nick, it's a reference to MKX Kano, without a letter because I just skipped it and realized later that it missed. The deeper meaning is if I want something done for pleasure, I'll do it no charge, even if it means bodying you :cool:
Hey im UNFUCKWITABLE...what up man

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
My friends always said "Dude, you are insane" when I did stupid things when I was younger (like jumping from one roof to another, riding on top of a Train, stuff like that...….yes I was a dumb kid and never cared about dying)

So I just stuck with it

Had to change my gamertag on xbl because of Kids reporting it for whatever reason

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Omg lmao

Literally NO ONE's name should be Cassie Town! :p

Except maybe yours, but Vslayer is already cool so...
In all seriousness I think sgt reed is good tho, maybe write it differently? You can change your name on PSN and write it like SGT.Reed or whatnot.

OHHHH SGT.Cheerleader lmao