What's new

What is the best normal attack in the game?

What is the best normal attack in the game?

• Total voters
JC f3 duh lol, random advantage, range, cancel into nut punch, 10 frame. GTFO!!!

Sonya i personally think is a bit less scary though, her cartwheel is what makes her fearful not d4

Peckapowa

Warrior
idk

I personally think Sonya's d4 /w options

Cant u poke out of f3 on block from cage? Sorry if im wrong but it just seems like a 6f poke stops f3

These are no doubt the top 2 imo

DID SOMEONE REALLY SAY B4 W KENSHI? gtfo

How could u not put kenshi's back 4 up there?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
JC f3 duh lol, random advantage, range, cancel into nut punch, 10 frame. GTFO!!!

Sonya i personally think is a bit less scary though, her cartwheel is what makes her fearful not d4
Sonya players have no reason to Cartwheel unless they hitconfirm it into a combo, MSF1 is advantage on block, cartwheel isnt. She still has the threat of the divekick from it. Her d4 and divekick are probably her 2 most threatening moves.

Evil_Riu48

Kombatant
I think you've misunderstood me. You will ALWAYS be able to poke out of JC's f3 f3 f3 f3 f3 f3 f3 pressure. Even if you're crouch blocking.

This is what the random advantage looks like. It's not more block stun, it's an animation you suffer that keeps you from jumping for an extra 10 frames. Attack moves will come out like the normally do.
i think this is false i remember testing the random advantage with cdjr and you could not d1 when it happens

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yead i prob go with sonyas d4 because of the options,
cages f3 just as good as well i guess

i vote anything to do with liu kang as fucking clown shoes,hes been pissing me off since mk2,
stay dead kang,stay dead

Evil_Riu48

Kombatant
it has to be
1) cage's f3 ( number one not because of the random advantage but because of the range and speed)
2) sonya 's d4msf1
3) sheeva's d4x-fire ball

Albo

Dojo Trainee
Raiden f24 gets a mention IMO. If it hits you get superman for over 20%
If it whiffs when your trying to play footsies with this string, you'll get blown up by a full combo which is too much risk just to get 20% when your opponent is getting almost double that or more. On the plus side it's 0 on block and spaces you conveniently at sweep distance to use b3, or whiff punish with b3, or go into the plethora of mind game options you have with tele mixups, d4 another f24, anti airing jump attempts and so on. Your not really going to use this move of a jip or crossover punch so you'll only be using it to play footsies and you can use 334 to whiff punish since it's 12f on startup just like f2 and offers much bigger damage. F24 does have better range than 334 though so if you can't dash in and punish with 334 for whatever reason, f24 would be the better option in that instance. Also f24 seems to have less recovery on whiff than 334 so it's seems harder to punish.

It's good normal, but not as good as the ones mentioned here imo.

Enenra

Go to hell.
so theres no 214/21xx ball/clone/d4/throw?
There is, but the kombo damage is lost and you lose that AA supremacy that is sub zero's sword. 21 is a better corner string, 22 is better midscreen and far better AA/anti crossup.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Shang's F4, Gs.
Sonya's D4 xx Military Stance mixups
Johnny Cage's F3
Kabal's F4

Maybe Smoke's B2, but I guess that's a bit too slow.

EDIT: Nvm I forgot about Scorpion's D3. It's obviously the best normal in the game.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
There is, but the kombo damage is lost and you lose that AA supremacy that is sub zero's sword. 21 is a better corner string, 22 is better midscreen and far better AA/anti crossup.
I know that,you were coming off as saying that 22 can be cancelled into stuff while 21 cant.

also subs AA is 2,21 can be used as AA.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I love how no one realizes that you all are talking about STRINGS not single moves... which is what "normal attack" means. lol

Sonya players have no reason to Cartwheel unless they hitconfirm it into a combo, MSF1 is advantage on block, cartwheel isnt. She still has the threat of the divekick from it. Her d4 and divekick are probably her 2 most threatening moves.
I meant the ex kartwheel, that shit is safe and retarded

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Cage's F3 and Sonya's D4 are the most deadly. (Assuming there's a MS follow-up)

Some honourable mentions are Kit's standing 2(1), Smoke's standing 2 and B2, Sektor's standing 1, B1, and F2, and Kabal's F4.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Id say, Cages :r:fk is the best in the game followed by Rains :bk RH then Sonya's :d:bk MS :r:fp...but after that, it could be in any order

Cages F3, decent range, advances forward, mid hitting, 9 frames, can be used on its own to bluff into another string, follows into F33B3, F33:ex green.

Rains :bk RH - Bit hit box, quick 12 frame move, high crush, combos into 44% with one bar, cancellable into another string from RH, after the push back of RH, if you punish it wrong, you can eat another 4 RH

Sonya , D4 into MS Stance F1 - Its just ridiculous, I won't say anything more than that.

Sektors, :fp - 6 frames, full combo punishes on cages F3, F32, Kabals Cancels etc, 12b1 is -1 on block, if you punish it with a slow normal, your going to eat a 6 frame jab combo again.

Kitana's 21 - Range, quick, special cancellable, push back, gives a footsie game afterwards just great all around.

Kung Lao's 24 - Special high, 7 frames, 24 is -1 on block, can go into overhead or crossover on block, bluf into another string, or grab on hit, :x on it. Only issue is, its special high, it will wiff on neutral crouch, and 6-7 frame d3's will beat it out.

Sektors :r:bp - Fast normal, mid hitting, 0 on block, special cancelable into Teleport punch, had advantage on hit, and on block you can take advanatage of the 6 frame jab

Kung Laos :r:fk - Gets him in, Mid hitting, -4 on block, 0 on hit, special cancellable, threat of spin is always there.

Jax :r:bk :fp - Quick, Low starter, has good advantage on hit, special cancellable, allows a grab on hit but low hit boxes blow it up.

Smokes :l:bp - 0 on block, overhead, bluff into another string, allows :fk into Smoke away on block, or full combo on hit.

I am not sure about the particular order these should be in, but these are for me the best normals in the game.

Ermacs 121 on block is really good too, but just doesn't beat any of these, and YES, I have TWO OF SEKTORS NORMALS IN THE TOP 10.