What's new

Question - Ancestral What is Ancestral lacking?

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
If they intend to make him zoner (which very much looks so) then they need to buff his zoning alot. It would be awesome if Ancestral was a really good zoner, so you could have Bojitsu as the rushdown and Shaolin as the in between.

I would say make his recovery way faster on low arrow and air arrows, make the fire arrows take out more chip and push opponents back, and make the timer unlimited once be has arrows out.

Maybe make purple arrows drain slightly more meter, as they are now you would just always want to use fire/stun arrows.
I agree on all of this minus the vampire arrows. They already take like a third of a bar of meter on hit. He can take a full bar of meter from youbin the corner with them. Maybe if it took a slight bit more meter on block

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Double all quiver timers?
Reduce the recovery of the arrow shots themselves or the reloads? Because if it's the reloads then removing autoblock becomes redundant lol.
Blowback? If you mean extended blockstun or increased block pushback then I don't know if that'd really be worth it because you're still -12. If it's not that ignore me :p
Yes, all quiver timers. And the recovery for arrow shots. It'd work well in tandem with the fire quiver buff, which is exactly what you think it is.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes, all quiver timers. And the recovery for arrow shots. It'd work well in tandem with the fire quiver buff, which is exactly what you think it is.
The question mark was more of a "I don't get what you mean by Double all quiver timers" lol.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
So what I think would be significant buffs for Jincestral to make him on par with BoJintsu (at least) and maybe ShaoJin:
- reduced arrow recovery by 5 frames when loaded
- Double arrow times, each arrow type lasts twice as long
- Remove autoblock when reloading
- Fire arrow now adds a blowback property on block
- Vampire arrow now takes slight meter on block
- Loads can now be meterburned
  • MB Fire Arrow - 7 recovery frames
  • MB Vampire Arrow - 6 recovery frames
  • MB Stun Arrow - 10 recovery frames
I feel like this will make him a dedicated zoner but with pressure options in canceling with MB Fire and Vampire arrow since he doesn't get much damage without Stun Arrow out. Added the things that @THTB said since they touched on other weaknesses

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
So what I think would be significant buffs for Jincestral to make him on par with BoJintsu (at least) and maybe ShaoJin:
I feel like this will make him a dedicated zoner but with pressure options in canceling with MB Fire and Vampire arrow since he doesn't get much damage without Stun Arrow out. Added the things that @THTB said since they touched on other weaknesses

Thoughts?
Yes please! To all of that...
(Sorry ill go back to lurking)

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness

Thoughts?
This'd be excellent, and not even overboard, imo. Lots of work, though.
I hope Paulo just does it, as is, he and the team are doing a fantastic job on the way to a perfect MKX, if they stick with it--

skater11

The saltiest
Lmao had to sub to Yomi's twitch after seeing DJT mop slayer and Forever King with Ancestral KJ. DJT played ancestral, slayer played shaolin & Forever King played bojutsu for the "Round Robin". It was a decisive first set between FK vs Slayer. Slayer took it, so FK had to face DJT. DJT beat both FK and Slayer. Things I noted about DJT's Ancestral KJ:
-f3 a shit ton in the neutral
-1, d1, 11 (staggers into grab/yolo low arrow/catch counter pokes)
-f3xxlow arrow
- 221xxEXOHkick (quite a lot of chip, safe but neg.)
- jump back into air-db2 while stun equipped. (Yolo check on opponent.)
-the list goes on but those are just some things I wanted to mention. (No tech or anything new really)

I also seen DJT do a handful of point blank low arrows, it was disgusting. Can't blame him though. Stun is limited after all.
#YOLOWarrow

Last edited:
unpredictability in his zoning. maybe make the arrow delayed meter burnable like jacqui's machine gun. i will use him. his is too easy to get passed in high level play. Great players just... walk and block just like they do vs HQT.

If they intend to make him zoner (which very much looks so) then they need to buff his zoning alot. It would be awesome if Ancestral was a really good zoner, so you could have Bojitsu as the rushdown and Shaolin as the in between.

I would say make his recovery way faster on low arrow and air arrows, make the fire arrows take out more chip and push opponents back, and make the timer unlimited once be has arrows out.

Maybe make purple arrows drain slightly more meter, as they are now you would just always want to use fire/stun arrows.
well... like almost all zoners in this game it is too predictable. quan chi summ is the only one that has unpredictability in his zoning. defense and true zoning is extremely difficult in this game

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Uh I disagree, vampirics drain a decent amount of meter as is and you can get three in one combo in the corner so if you increased the drain they could be getting into insane territory. I actually use meter drain right now more than stun or fire arrows lol, at least from full screen. Then once I've bugged them enough to make them come in I equip stun or if it's nearer the end then I equip fire arrows and hit them with as many as possible anywhere on the screen.
How do you get three vampirics in one corner combo?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
the ability to load arrows while in the air would be useful. As you are jumping away, the opponent may be conditioned to block thinking you will do a DB2, but instead you could simply load any type of arrow while in the jump animation. Hit the ground and be ready to fire.

Youphemism

How do you get three vampirics in one corner combo?
F2D1~up arrow, 34~up arrow, D1~low arrow in the corner. It's in the OP of the Ancestral discussion thread I think.
With stun arrow loaded first, starter into arrow/low arrow, load vampire arrow, njp, ji4 OH arrow, ji4 OH arrow, 11, IA divekick, 34 low arrow
...or that, which is better and I'm going to add to the OP of the thread now lol. That corner only I take it NoBrows?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
F2D1~up arrow, 34~up arrow, D1~low arrow in the corner. It's in the OP of the Ancestral discussion thread I think.

...or that, which is better and I'm going to add to the OP of the thread now lol. That corner only I take it NoBrows?
I'm assuming that the vast pond between us would prevent us from getting an acceptable connection for a set on XBL? I'm in Boston, let me know if you think it could be a reasonable connection.

Youphemism

I'm assuming that the vast pond between us would prevent us from getting an acceptable connection for a set on XBL? I'm in Boston, let me know if you think it could be a reasonable connection.
Probably :( I don't play online any more anyway because it won't even let me play decent matches with relatively close-by players lol.
He needs savage blast. /thread
Let him shoot 8 arrows at a time, 3 of which you can control with the d-pad. He needs it.
I wanna play Ancestral as more of a runaway/zoning type & I would love the fuck outta this
Sadly that's what he's supposed to be -___________________- #WhensLessRecoveryFrames #AncestralDidNothingWrong #HeNeedsIt

haketh

Noob
Sadly that's what he's supposed to be -___________________- #WhensLessRecoveryFrames #AncestralDidNothingWrong #HeNeedsIt
Yeah I don't get why his recovery is still he same, I would trade the damage in a heartbeat for quicker startup & recovery