What's new

Question - Ancestral What is Ancestral lacking?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It would be broke because, you could spend the entire games going for overheads instead of the low stun Arrow that leads to a 36% min and that is the real threat . Use your Head a bit and make the logical links on your own.
Oh recovery on shooting the arrows? Even here I don't know... It would lead to epic combos, I think, like ia1 air Arrow ia1 air arrow 34 dive kick (in the corner) or maybe even 221 DF2 34 etc... Or Maybe not.
On the other hand, increasing the startup is not a bad idea. At least for the Arrow going straight when you Jump (Jump DF2) in order to hit (like Piercing Mileena) a guy standing up (Is it possible? I've never hit that). You could get a better zoning this way and won't have broken damages.
What do overheads have to do with stun arrow lasting longer than a few seconds being broke though?! The overheads are not a threat because they either knock down or are fuzziable/reactable. No need to be an ass, I'm trying to make logical links with your points but they're irrelevant as to why having stun arrow for as long as you need would be broke.
You can already do those combos, what this tells me is that you don't know enough about the variation yet.
You don't want to increase the startup, that makes it slower. And yes you can hit someone with an instant air arrow but that has nothing to do with the speed of it. Again it doesn't seem like you know enough about the variation yet.

HappyPow

Noob
What do overheads have to do with stun arrow lasting longer than a few seconds being broke though?! The overheads are not a threat because they either knock down or are fuzziable/reactable. No need to be an ass, I'm trying to make logical links with your points but they're irrelevant as to why having stun arrow for as long as you need would be broke.
You can already do those combos, what this tells me is that you don't know enough about the variation yet.
You don't want to increase the startup, that makes it slower. And yes you can hit someone with an instant air arrow but that has nothing to do with the speed of it. Again it doesn't seem like you know enough about the variation yet.
"increase", sorry, lack of vocabulary, I meant something like "upgrade" so if you want, I'll say "decrease" or "reduce".
Reactable? Don't know, I've never seen someone reacting to those overheads. Guessing them, yeah I saw that. I'm not an ass (well in French it is a polite way to say what I meant, sorry!) and I do not try to be one but you don't see the point here? Mate, Stun Arrow makes people blocking low so basicly you can go for the overheads during the rest of your life.
Those combos? I knew about starter ~ stun Arrow ~ pick flame ~ NJP ia1 Arrow ia1 arrow dive K but with 34 before? Nah. An 221 DF2 (not the stun one) 34 Dive K? Neither, so show me it and if it exists then think about what you could do with a reduced recovery.
Then if it has no link with the startup frames then with what? You Can hit someone? Same, show me (except on Goro xD), I Can do ia fans, Fireballs, sais, téléports, superman, dive kicks but not that :(

Youphemism

"increase", sorry, lack of vocabulary, I meant something like "upgrade" so if you want, I'll say "decrease" or "reduce".
Reactable? Don't know, I've never seen someone reacting to those overheads. Guessing them, yeah I saw that. I'm not an ass (well in French it is a polite way to say what I meant, sorry!) and I do not try to be one but you don't see the point here? Mate, Stun Arrow makes people blocking low so basicly you can go for the overheads during the rest of your life.
Those combos? I knew about starter ~ stun Arrow ~ pick flame ~ NJP ia1 Arrow ia1 arrow dive K but with 34 before? Nah. An 221 DF2 (not the stun one) 34 Dive K? Neither, so show me it and if it exists then think about what you could do with a reduced recovery.
Then if it has no link with the startup frames then with what? You Can hit someone? Same, show me (except on Goro xD), I Can do ia fans, Fireballs, sais, téléports, superman, dive kicks but not that :(
It's cool man, I know English isn't your first language :p
I know what you're trying to say, that the threat of low arrow lets you get away with overheads all the time, but anyone who knows the matchup is just going to fuzzy everything.
It's difficult, it's like Skarlet's instant air dagger since it has a really small hitbox but it is possible. I'm not at my console right now but it's definitely doable because I've done it in matches.

Masta

Noob
Ancestral could be very funnier and viable with these ideas :

- ability to load arrow while jumping
- stun arrows lasting longer or maybe working like Ermac soul balls. Or at least stun arrow cant disappear during throw animation.
- reducing the start up of low arrow (its very a pain to play zoning against another zoner character)
- maybe DB2 now armoured!

HappyPow

Noob
It's cool man, I know English isn't your first language :p
I know what you're trying to say, that the threat of low arrow lets you get away with overheads all the time, but anyone who knows the matchup is just going to fuzzy everything.
It's difficult, it's like Skarlet's instant air dagger since it has a really small hitbox but it is possible. I'm not at my console right now but it's definitely doable because I've done it in matches.
Yeah true. I'm doing a video of me playing Ancestral... But nobody knows how to play against (nobody that I know) so for the fuzzy guard, you're maybe right.

- stun arrows lasting longer or maybe working like Ermac soul balls. Or at least stun arrow cant disappear during throw animation.
- reducing the start up of low arrow (its very a pain to play zoning against another zoner character)
While jumping? Yo could be so swag but maybe too good!
Lasting longer? Yeah, right, at least we could have more time to load arrows (sometime getting an input error and boum over)
Reducing the starter ? Yeah could be better for zoning (even if I don't see the "need", I can still see the struggle vs zoners)
DB2 armored? If you get a combo out of that then... Yeah! (MB of course otherwise... Broke) I mean, at least this way, it would be used x)

Youphemism

I mean these are all luxury changes and some of them don't really help anything.
Arrow load while jumping is just asking to get full combo punished.
Stun arrows lasting longer on hit doesn't really help his problems, you can realtively easily get a combo from full screen from a stun arrow.
This is kind of what I'm suggesting but not so much on low arrow and more on the air ones.
DB2 being armoured is kinda useless since it's an anti-air and he already has multiple good ones.