What's new

Discussion What is actually wrong with MKXL

Belial

Noob
I do agree that some defensive traits should be buffed in this game. Things like backdashes, backward walkspeed, anti-airs, building slight meter while blocking, block breakers, no chip outs for certain attacks, etc. etc. or any ideas that specifically target the defensive aspect of the game should be either improved, or looked into.
After giving it more thought I also think that Vortexes should be adressed. Meaning options that allow loopable pressure on a right guess.
For example I'll use one of the worst characters around - Kenshi. Its variations are terrible except Possessed. this is largely due to his teleport game that creates Vortex everytime you touch an opponent and you can loop this pressure over and over. Eventually people may find ways for a guaranteed punish on this (or not), but right now its a good example how even a bad character can score very well solely by having vortex-like mechanics. I think all vortexes should go or become meter-based.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
I cant believe this !! For years the Teleporters have never been seen has cheap characters , always seen has only skillfull players can use them and always with the excuse that , if i miss the teleport , i get full punish , and they say that like thats a unique trade of teleporters . Its like they feel its unfair to be punish when the other player blocks , but when they track hit and do full combo to vortex is skill . And know your using kenshi teleport that doesnt even have armor anymore , cant teleport in the air , and know is cheap ??!! ARE YOU SERIOUS ?! Funny how kenshi gets all the blame for everything lol his a noob , his a spammer , his braindead , his specials are cheap , and know even is stupid teleport is OP ?!! Smokes scorpions and ermacs are all skill of course ....

I cant believe this !! For years the Teleporters have never been seen has cheap characters , always seen has only skillfull players can use them and always with the excuse that , if i miss the teleport , i get full punish , and they say that like thats a unique trade of teleporters . Its like they feel its unfair to be punish when the other player blocks , but when they track hit and do full combo to vortex is skill . And know your using kenshi teleport that doesnt even have armor anymore , cant teleport in the air , and know is cheap ??!! ARE YOU SERIOUS ?! Funny how kenshi gets all the blame for everything lol his a noob , his a spammer , his braindead , his specials are cheap , and know even is stupid teleport is OP ?!! Smokes scorpions and ermacs are all skill of course ....
this has nothing to do with what Belial said.
learn to read.

Belial

Noob
Honestly, you just missed my point completely. It has nothing to do with teleports.

On a side note, Kenshi teleport does have armor

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

im pretty sure you spoke something about teleports . maybe im wrong . if his armor on teleport my bad . bad info than sorry

zabugi

The only Real Master
I want to know how the lack of armoured launchers has affected the aggressiveness of gameplay. It just expands the gap for more oppurtunities for mixups and mind games. So im totally with it. Sfv is also kinda aggressive or havent any of u ever seen epic comeback videos in sfv? Mkxl is now honest.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

I want to know how the lack of armoured launchers has affected the aggressiveness of gameplay. It just expands the gap for more oppurtunities for mixups and mind games. So im totally with it. Sfv is also kinda aggressive or havent any of u ever seen epic comeback videos in sfv? Mkxl is now honest.
lol says the men with machine gun pokes on block and teleports to other dimensions lol And dont compare SF to MK thats just silly .

Wigy

There it is...
My current issue with this game is characters like liu and tremor have endless meter and now its basically a fucking perma struggle to get in on them and then they have 2 hits of armour on everything and its safe. Painful.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
My current issue with this game is characters like liu and tremor have endless meter and now its basically a fucking perma struggle to get in on them and then they have 2 hits of armour on everything and its safe. Painful.
Endless meter?

Wigy

There it is...
Endless meter?
Tremor builds about half a bar if he does a combo and on block he builds lots too.

Liu kang is the same builds mad meter.

Just salty spending 90% of the game getting in with bo rai cho for him to stop my game without risk over and over.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Entitled players always think they are owed something.

If they ever faced reality, ...

... they might not be able to handle it.

It's never the game's fault.

I think its the whiners in the community. They lose and then they blame the game. I only think some variations are a little weak but aside from that I think the game is very good and pretty well balanced, every character at least has one variation that can contest (some even all three). NRS did a lot of work on MKX and people are still complaining and insulting NRS constantly. To me it seems like the community is ungrateful. Most of the time everything I see in this site is negative about the game. The game will never be perfect, it is what it is.
You're just saying this because Kitana receives all those buffs....

GAV

Stop deflecting...

Its not the game or the characters. Its also not "just a game." If you get lumped up, take it like a man - give your opponent props - and accept what happened.

In addition, win like you've won before - and win with class.

Video games are an opportunity to compete and to win or lose with class.

zabugi

The only Real Master
lol says the men with machine gun pokes on block and teleports to other dimensions lol And dont compare SF to MK thats just silly .
Its not like im comparing sf to mk, there hss been nothing similar about them since their inception, someone just mentioned something earlier about it in the thread. But i still stand my ground.

GAV

...because teleports and missiles are less realistic than fireballs and hurricane kicks.

The SF snobbery needs to be exposed for what it is - delusional.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Tremor builds about half a bar if he does a combo and on block he builds lots too.

Liu kang is the same builds mad meter.

Just salty spending 90% of the game getting in with bo rai cho for him to stop my game without risk over and over.
Tremor has really bad armor outside of Metallic Lava stance though.. and I'm not even sure if the double armor on Metallic's punch even works, I picked Metallic for the LK matchup once and he stole armor broke me without even trying.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

...because teleports and missiles are less realistic than fireballs and hurricane kicks.

The SF snobbery needs to be exposed for what it is - delusional.
First of all yes , teleports and missiles are way different from fireballs and hurricane kicks . second sf projectiles collide while in MK they go through esch other . that alone makes alot of difference .Has for the snobbery , if im understanding you , yes , i think SF players are a bit snobbish , but they have a point , in terms of execution its harder , but MK is waaaay faster . With all the difference of specials

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

Stop deflecting...

Its not the game or the characters. Its also not "just a game." If you get lumped up, take it like a man - give your opponent props - and accept what happened.

In addition, win like you've won before - and win with class.

Video games are an opportunity to compete and to win or lose with class.
Use that line when you run for MISS AMERICA LOL

Wigy

There it is...
Tremor has really bad armor outside of Metallic Lava stance though.. and I'm not even sure if the double armor on Metallic's punch even works, I picked Metallic for the LK matchup once and he stole armor broke me without even trying.
Thats a glitch from changing stance. Bo rai chu can punish nothing its painful, tremors armour is not bad. Hes got a flash parry which means I cant use 90% of my strings on knockdown. Not to mention armoured wakeup crossovers which can frankly gtf.

Liu kang the guessing game used to be duck the high wakeups and armour break the dragon roar. Now its basically just hold that shit unless hes cornered.

Just seems now on knockdown the guessing game is the favour of whos on the floor.

This is mostly just bo rai cho salt where most of the cast can tech roll jump away and your very very limited options to deal with it will get you blown up hard if they wakeup, especially tremors flash parry

Last edited:

GAV

First of all yes , teleports and missiles are way different from fireballs and hurricane kicks . second sf projectiles collide while in MK they go through esch other . that alone makes alot of difference .Has for the snobbery , if im understanding you , yes , i think SF players are a bit snobbish , but they have a point , in terms of execution its harder , but MK is waaaay faster . With all the difference of specials
I learned to play fighting games on SF, so - for me - execution is easy in SF and hard in MK.

In SFV, I just have to picture what I want to do and it comes out just like that. There's no need for practice.

With MKX, I have to figure out how - then practice for long multiple sessions to be able to do it consistently.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

I learned to play fighting games on SF, so - for me - execution is easy in SF and hard in MK.

In SFV, I just have to picture what I want to do and it comes out just like that. There's no need for practice.

With MKX, I have to figure out how - then practice for long multiple sessions to be able to do it consistently.
they say sfv the execution is easier than SFIV , but stiil , saying MK execution is harder is silly . if you said , MKX has waaay more situations and randowm things you have to adapt to , than ok , i understand your point , thats way i say , sf and mk cant be compared , because in mk theres no time to do that shit ppl do in sf like doing the so called " footsies " where both players are going back and forward and doing low kicks like retards for 30 seconds lol