What's new

Discussion What is actually wrong with MKXL

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
> You contribute to nothing. You argue from a clearly ignorant standpoint.
> Your opinions are around 90% wrong.
> You have proven you don't understand the game at a basic level. Your footsie post needs to go straight to ScrubQuotes.
> You have inferiority complex issues. When someone questions what you write you go for "you're american therefore full of yourself".
> You have terrible grammar. English is not my first language either but at least I try.
> You're single-handedly one of the many reason why top players don't come here anymore.

Why do I even get involved with these people lol.

You TYM regulars are doing a terrible job regulating these clowns.
you sir are a SNOB !!!! . your all speech shows it jesus ......

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
as i said, it really depends on what you mean by 'sf.' sfv, yes, it's objectively easier. sf4 is objectively a LOT harder. it's not really a matter of opinion because since it's mathematically less lenient and requires more precision.

saying 'sf' in general in this context would be accurate prior to the release of sfv. mkx is great because it's so easy and requires very little precision or timing as far as execution goes to the point you can learn any combo after ~10 mins in training, which is why it functions well as a casual, on-the-side fighter.
SFIV wasn't hard execution-wise either. Every installment of SF became easier in terms of execution. SF4 was easier than SF3 which was easier than SF2 - which was easier than SF1. If you have played every installment, this is very clear to see.

What was so difficult to do in SFIV? The game has "helpers" to help sloppy inputs be recognized.

GAV

Just to add, if anyone made a thread, "What is actually wrong with SF5?" - I think some heads might explode.

IMO, MKX is a better game than SF5 - but that's just my opinion - and I'm not entitled enough to push my opinions as facts.

SFIV wasn't hard execution-wise either. Every installment of SF became easier in terms of execution. SF4 was easier than SF3 which was easier than SF2 - which was easier than SF1. If you have played every installment, this is very clear to see.

What was so difficult to do in SFIV? The game has "helpers" to help sloppy inputs be recognized.
then it speaks mountains of your actual ignorance when it came to the game. you're right that a lot of earlier sfs have a HIGHER execution floor (mostly because of no shortcuts and shorter buffers,) but i'm specifically talking about execution ceiling, particularly in regards to optimization.

edit: if you played the game at a very low/casual level, then yes, simply getting your special moves to come out is 'harder' in earlier sfs. but if you're talking about actually playing the game at a high level there's no contest to the differences in technicality.

what you're talking about is input recognition. yes, the older SFs were a lot stricter in terms of reading inputs, and thus requires more precise inputs than sf4 does (no dp shortcut, etc.) but SF4 is unanimously considered the most technical iteration in the series by far. c.viper's FFF (fierce feint fierce) into superjump cancel ultra is an example of something that's tough to do. hell, even just doing viper's FFF xx EX seismo into meterless FADC into ultra is still tougher than anything else that exists in the sf games.

there's also stuff like el fuerte RSF (run stop fierce) which required you to hit 1-2 unplinkable one frame links and you loop it like 5-6 times. like, if you wanted to go for it, sf4 has chars with a SIGNIFICANTLY higher execution ceilings than anything else in the franchise.

like, part of the reason the game itself was a lot more technical is because they used 3d models/hitboxes on a 2d plane. it allowed for very odd, highly technical combos because the pushback on some moves (on hit) would make it so certain follow-up moves would miss - but some moves could use this to time it so you could hit another move at the last possible active frame (essentially a meaty normal mid-combo) which means you had significantly higher frame advantage than normal and could thus do an otherwise impossible combo.

the few things that come close is like charge partitioning for urien in 3s, but even then it's 'easier' to get down because it's one particular maneuever that's re-used instead of long sequences of different and wildly paced inputs.

Last edited:

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

you can't make fun of someone because of their speech when your posts are barely readable
LOL Always with the TYPING excuse ...Thats getting old , just like the chuck norris joke . Thats how you all sound like . Besides , i dont think my english is that bad , but yeah , i make mistakes like everyone else . Lets see you talk my language wiseguy . Looks like COSSNER has alot of PRINCE CHARMMINGS to protect him LOL

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
LOL Always with the TYPING excuse ...Thats getting old , just like the chuck norris joke . Thats how you all sound like . Besides , i dont think my english is that bad , but yeah , i make mistakes like everyone else . Lets see you talk my language wiseguy . Looks like COSSNER has alot of PRINCE CHARMMINGS to protect him LOL
It has nothing to do with me, the problem is what you type.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I don't really care if someones English isn't perfect, especially if it's not your first language, as long as I can understand what you're trying to say but half the time your posts are just you saying something dumb and the other half it just seams like gibberish

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

Debunking this entire post because Sf1 wasn't even a fighting game, was a beat em up lol.

Also sf4 was easily harder in execution than sf3. Sf3 was all about small hit confirms that led into big damage (IE Ken crouching forward into fireball confirmed into super). Most characters didn't have extended crazy combos, outside of like urien, akuma, Dudley and somewhat ryu. Sure there were stun combos (in 3rd strike, if the opponent was juggled during the point when they were stunned, u could continue juggling them until the stun actually took effect) but those were situational and generally not seen very often in competitive play. Street fighter 4 is where execution in SF games kind of came alive buddy.

Which leads me to the question, did you even play any of these games u mentioned? Sf2 was literally a game full of 2 hit combos..................

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

then it speaks mountains of your actual ignorance when it came to the game. you're right that a lot of earlier sfs have a HIGHER execution floor (mostly because of no shortcuts and shorter buffers,) but i'm specifically talking about execution ceiling, particularly in regards to optimization.

what you're talking about is input recognition. yes, the older SFs were a lot stricter in terms of reading inputs, and thus requires more precise inputs than sf4 does (no dp shortcut, etc.) but SF4 is unaninmously considered the most technical iteration in the series by far. c.viper's FFF (fierce feint fierce) into superjump cancel ultra is an example of something that's tough to do. hell, even just doing viper's FFF xx EX seismo into meterless FADC into ultra is still tougher than anything else that exists in the sf games.

there's also stuff like el fuerte RSF (run stop fierce) which required you to hit 1-2 unplinkable one frame links and you loop it like 5-6 times. like, if you wanted to go for it, sf4 has chars with a SIGNIFICANTLY higher execution ceilings than anything else in the franchise.

like, part of the reason the game itself was a lot more technical is because they used 3d models/hitboxes on a 2d plane. it allowed for very odd, highly technical combos because the pushback on some moves (on hit) would make it so certain follow-up moves would miss - but some moves could use this to time it so you could hit another move at the last possible active frame (essentially a meaty normal mid-combo) which means you had significantly higher frame advantage than normal and could thus do an otherwise impossible combo.

the few things that come close is like charge partitioning for urien in 3s, but even then it's 'easier' to get down because it's one particular maneuever that's re-used instead of long sequences of different and wildly paced inputs.
i cant even do a simple
It has nothing to do with me, the problem is what you type.
The problem is not the book , is the reader ....!!

GAV

Debunking this entire post because Sf1 wasn't even a fighting game, was a beat em up lol.

Also sf4 was easily harder in execution than sf3. Sf3 was all about small hit confirms that led into big damage (IE Ken crouching forward into fireball confirmed into super). Most characters didn't have extended crazy combos, outside of like urien, akuma, Dudley and somewhat ryu. Sure there were stun combos (in 3rd strike, if the opponent was juggled during the point when they were stunned, u could continue juggling them until the stun actually took effect) but those were situational and generally not seen very often in competitive play. Street fighter 4 is where execution in SF games kind of came alive buddy.

Which leads me to the question, did you even play any of these games u mentioned? Sf2 was literally a game full of 2 hit combos..................
ORLY?
SFIV assists players by allowing sloppy inputs and poor timing to come out as linked moves.
Don't get caught up with the animations. Understand what players actually have to do to execute.
The SFIV combos look more impressive, but what they have to do - albeit longer and more to remember - can be imprecise and still come out. There's no need to be a technician anymore. Just remember what to do and do it. Plus, there are only a few archetype variations when it comes to combos. Learn one and you're on your way to learning them all.

If you like it better - then fine, but I don't have to agree.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
You guys are in here arguing with the KKK guy? Man, i feels bad for you. Its like we are going to have the

"ill tell you whats wrong with MKX its not-

Mk9
Mk Trilogy
Street Fighter Alpha 3
3rd Strike
Bushido Blade
Guilty Gear XX Reload
UFC 2017

Where the REAL footsies are and the BEST PLAYER ALWAYS WINS... except when they dont"

Argument again.