What's new

What if NRS's next game is a MK vs DC sequel/reboot?

What would you personally like the next game to be?

• Total voters
MK Deception and MK vs DC kinda shows how Boon's team evolved when it came to telling a story in fighting games until we got that awesome story mode in MK9.

KRYS9984

Noob
Mortal Kombat 10 without a doubt!

I have nothing against DC but I am a true Mortal Kombat fan and would rather play a game with a roster of characters I grew up with and love. The mature style gameplay is also very cool and you can't really attain that feel when Superheroes are involved.

MK vs DC 2 could make sense from a marketing perspective; it would attract the attention of MK fans who did not purchase / having a hard time adjusting to IGAU while maintaining their current following. However, its not MK10 so I wouldn't be fully satisfied. :D

Ok this is a stretch but... A fighter using Shonen Jump characters.

I can see it now; 24 characters confirmed for release, 6 of them being from Naruto, 3 from DBZ, 4 from One Piece, 2 from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, 1 from Yu-Gi-Oh, 1 from Toriko, 2 from Shaman King, 1 from Black Cat, 1 from Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, 2 from Bleach, and 1 from Fist of the North Star.
The first round of DLC will include Arale from Dr. Slump, who everyone is hype for. The next character will be another Naruto character, much to everyones anger. The third is rumored but thanks to Brazilian voice actors website, we know its going to be Bils to promote the newest DBZ movie. NRS, who stated that Shonen Jump separate title from Mortal Kombat, hints that the last character is Scorpion.

Pissed, the FGC will complain about the DLC and their lack of diversity (except for Arale). Next, they will relentlessly post threads and change their avatars and signatures in the hopes of getting Yu Yu Hakusho, Saint Saiya, and some unknown manga I can't pronounce but claim is popular...to become the next DLC instead of "another Naruto character, Shonen Jump market shoe ins, and anything, ANYTHING, related to Mortal Kombat!"

...and yet, it will be the best fighting game released by an American game company.

aj1701

Noob
I want MK10. I never got serious about MK9 and I regret it now. Hyped for the next one. Maybe it will be 3D if they are rebooting MK4.

What about Primal Rage 2? That would be sweet.
Fuck no the 3rd mms were god awful. 2d ftw.

Tim Static

Adminerator
SF4 came out in July 2008 in Japan, before MKvDC in November of that year, fyi.

Also, I'm adding another option to the poll :coffee:

SHAOLIN MONKS "PART 2"

aj1701

Noob
Since it seems like Ed Boon's old statement of "We plan to keep the MK and DC worlds separate in future games" has been revoked in favor of bringing Scorpion into Injustice as DLC .
Eh, I hear where you're coming from, but it seems a leap to go from one guest character as dlc to the entire premise of the game is somehow Mk and dc characters duking it out. It could be boon meant they'd never do another mkdc crossover game again, which one dlc does not make.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I liked it, but they've moved on from that. Especially since DC has it's own game now by NRS. They have their hands tied between the two new, super successful games. UMK9/MK10 please.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
MK 10 all the way and they need to avoid 3d like the plague. And for the love of god NRS dropped the block button for Injustice and it needs to stay dropped for all their future games.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I will buy MK10 and MKDC2. And Injustice 2.

NRS should totes make a Godzilla game though.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
according to this forum lastweek Injustice already is Scorpion vs Batman cast :joker:. MK10's story is setup, can't wait to see what they do.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MK10 with a run button. A MKvsDC2 that redeemed the first one isn't a terrible idea, but MK10 is a much better idea in general. Keep MK and DC separate please. MK9 plays nothing like Injustice and vice versa.

Amadeous

Noob
Ok this is a stretch but... A fighter using Shonen Jump characters.

I can see it now; 24 characters confirmed for release, 6 of them being from Naruto, 3 from DBZ, 4 from One Piece, 2 from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, 1 from Yu-Gi-Oh, 1 from Toriko, 2 from Shaman King, 1 from Black Cat, 1 from Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, 2 from Bleach, and 1 from Fist of the North Star.
The first round of DLC will include Arale from Dr. Slump, who everyone is hype for. The next character will be another Naruto character, much to everyones anger. The third is rumored but thanks to Brazilian voice actors website, we know its going to be Bils to promote the newest DBZ movie. NRS, who stated that Shonen Jump separate title from Mortal Kombat, hints that the last character is Scorpion.

Pissed, the FGC will complain about the DLC and their lack of diversity (except for Arale). Next, they will relentlessly post threads and change their avatars and signatures in the hopes of getting Yu Yu Hakusho, Saint Saiya, and some unknown manga I can't pronounce but claim is popular...to become the next DLC instead of "another Naruto character, Shonen Jump market shoe ins, and anything, ANYTHING, related to Mortal Kombat!"

...and yet, it will be the best fighting game released by an American game company.
Not by NRS but....

http://kotaku.com/http-www-youtube-com-watch-v-f9uft0ny2yq-heres-the-fi-471123771

I'm just curious what you would be interested to see coming out of netherrealm studios for their next project. Poll explains itself I believe.

Let us discuss why we think they should take a certain direction or not.

AkTiVe

o.o
What would ya'll like to see next from NRS?

MK vs DCU 2 - I was never a fan of MK vs DCU because it was 3D but if they made it 2D i'm sure it would be good, maybe NRS is testing the waters with adding MK chars to Injustice?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
MK Shaolin Monks 2.

After looking at the Star Labs mode, I think NRS and Ed Boon need to make a non fighting game very soon, get all the weird gimmicky minigame bullshit out of there system before they go to crazy with it again and ruin a perfectly good fighting game.

Also MK Shaolin Monks was fucking rad.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
MK Shaolin Monks 2.

After looking at the Star Labs mode, I think NRS and Ed Boon need to make a non fighting game very soon, get all the weird gimmicky minigame bullshit out of there system before they go to crazy with it again and ruin a perfectly good fighting game.

Aaaaaall of this.

AkTiVe

o.o
MK Shaolin Monks 2.

I wouldn't mind SM:2 . good choice