What's new

What happened to all the Reptile players?

Enenra

Go to hell.
All the Reptiles you'd see in tournament play not that long ago have just... disappeared. Why? I loved watching a good Reptile do work. I don't even remember one at SCR.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I notcied a lack of Reptile players lately too. I think maybe the hype died down, I remember there was a point where people thought he was the best in the game, but I guess he just slowly got figured out by everyone.

He used to be my main, I stopped playing him about 2 months ago though just because I got bored of him. I wouldn't describe as one dimensional, but I didn't feel like there was much more for me to do with him as a character, I hit a players block I guess and didn't find him interesting anymore.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Sabin and Teef now plays Kenshi for the most part, if memory serves correct.

I have been busy being a grown up. :(

Chris G, Idk.

A bunch others have switched off Reptile, I guess.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Sabin and Teef now plays Kenshi for the most part, if memory serves correct.

I have been busy being a grown up. :(

Chris G, Idk.

A bunch others have switched off Reptile, I guess.
Stop being a grown up and go to some tournaments!!!

Also, funny story. Part of the reason I dropped Reptile was that I felt like I didn't earn my victories due to the 'top tier' stigma he had at the time. I wanted to pick a lower tier character and decided Jax was fun to play. Several months later it's the same shit all over again. :[

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'd imagine it's due to people wanting to explore other characters. I still enjoy playing him though and I occasionally take him out, still find that I generally do the best with him out of the characters I play. I wish everyone had his d4....god I love his d4.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
No one saw me almost take out DetroitBallin at NEC? :(

I also placed second a few months ago at Test Your Rage (beating guys like Swift Tom Hanks, Lionheart) but I guess people don't care unless it is a major lol. I'm not the best Reptile out there but I will continue to use him in every MK game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Snips you are still the worst Reptile ever. :p

But tbh, you are definitely top 3 of the Reptiles in the country.

It seems like quite a few people are starting to look into other characters. It's only natural.

I also imagine that the added recovery frames on a blocked elbow dash didn't do much to keep people around either.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It seems like quite a few people are starting to look into other characters. It's only natural.

I also imagine that the added recovery frames on a blocked elbow dash didn't do much to keep people around either.
I think its all this more than anything really. It was nerf nerf nerf every patch and then elbow dash becoming -21 on block just ruined everything. I'll be playing Rep at final round coming up, so watch out ATL, I'm coming home and ill be head hunting! Lol

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

axeman87

Noob
Well I'm thinking of picking him up.

Was wondering, for all the Reptile veterans out there, does invisible have any advantage other than... well... being invisible.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Well I'm thinking of picking him up.

Was wondering, for all the Reptile veterans out there, does invisible have any advantage other than... well... being invisible.
It is just a way to try to throw yer opponent a little off guard.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer