What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

Lol, smh. I don't think any of the anime games/Capcom games I've played had Dash Canceling.

Also why does this community keep trying to use fancy words all the time? I swear I can't go into a thread w/o some person talking about "footsies or zoning".

I'm glad all of you traveled 2 years into the future, and know the meta of Injustice: Gods Among Us already, because you obviously figured out what's going to work and not by this demo.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Lol, smh. I don't think any of the anime games/Capcom games I've played had Dash Canceling.

Also why does this community keep trying to use fancy words all the time? I swear I can't go into a thread w/o some person talking about "footsies or zoning".

I'm glad all of you traveled 2 years into the future, and know the meta of Injustice: Gods Among Us already, because you obviously figured out what's going to work and not by this demo.
they're not really that fancy, lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Yo' SHOTS FIRED!

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I suck at inputting back forward specials. Especially on the left side. That is my only complaint. And I think injustice is going to be better than mk.

Do people realize that the reason others are complaining is because :

1. This is their first taste of the game, 7 month or build or not.
2. The mobility of the characters is horrible. Hence the reason people are complaining about there being no dash canceling.

Noone is saying that this game should be MK. The general opinion is that because there is no dash canceling, it's almost impossible to close the gap the majority of the time. And even if you do, like I said earlier, it becomes a game of chicken.

But hey, it's a 7 month old build of a game. So everyone should just shutup and wait for the actual finished product which begs the question, why even bother with the demo then?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Lol I'm a kitana player so dash canceling is a huge part of my gameplay, and yet I'm fine with no dash canceling in this game lol. Maybe because I PLAY OTHER FIGHTING GAMES! :D and adapted

Neclord

Noob

2. The mobility of the characters is horrible. Hence the reason people are complaining about there being no dash canceling.

Noone is saying that this game should be MK. The general opinion is that because there is no dash canceling, it's almost impossible to close the gap the majority of the time. And even if you do, like I said earlier, it becomes a game of chicken.

But hey, it's a 7 month old build of a game. So everyone should just shutup and wait for the actual finished product which begs the question, why even bother with the demo then?
7 month's old? Source?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Lol I'm a kitana player so dash canceling is a huge part of my gameplay, and yet I'm fine with no dash canceling in this game lol. Maybe because I PLAY OTHER FIGHTING GAMES! :D and adapted
I don't play any other fighting games and I like not canceling the dash:D

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The people complaining are some of the reasons why some predict the capcom guys will body us in this game...
Pretty much it's going to be the top players (most of MK's top players play other games and people who play other games are comfy with different mechanics too) that will be fine in injustice. It's the MK-only crowd that's going in at a huge disadvantage.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Capcom guys might body us at first but we will catch up. Just gotta get used to it. I was dashing in between juggles a la MK autopilot for like an hour until I started getting a feel for it. But ya, AI doomsday is a retard

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
1. The movement in this game feels so clunky somehow
2. Some animations are too long (stage transitions, WW's stupid down, forward, 1, meter burn throw)
3. First two bars of meter barely visible
4. Stage transitions happen too often
5. Not a fan of how a round ends
6. Throw range is too short
7. Blocking is not so rewarding like in other Fighting Games (especially because you can't block environment and some special moves like lex's missles)
1. I can imagine its because of the lack of dash cancels (but being a cyrax main since he came out oh so many years ago I've never been one for dash cancelling over traps). However you'd think that the attack cancels would have just as much benefit. Luthor's back-3 gives a decent amount of push on block, and I personally like to end off potentially unsafe strings with it if I didn't think missles were so gdlk.

2. They are meant to be for the sake of dramaticizing the impact. Same concept as X-rays, less meter.

3. This is something I also have a problem with, but then I'm just kindof the guy who meshes his optimal w/ meter with his optimal w/o so I never lose much.

4. They happen on one side of the stage only, long as you avoid that half you should be fine.

5. Outros will probably be skippable in the final build.

6. Throws will have a lot more range in the final for certain characters, its just that we don't have very many good examples.

7. Eh.

I don´t like back to block, but is getting used to it so not the biggest problem.
The difficulty jump alot from normal to hard, a mode in between the two would be nice.
unskiable winpose and also the dumpster is pritty annoying.

I understand that, I view the same as whiny Capcom players complaining MK9, as MK9 players complaining about Injustice.

Lots of characters are said to have fast, I think safe too, advancing strings, Chris G explained a lot of intel last night on FingerCramp.

Urichinan

@Urichinan
BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Persona, Marvel, Vampire Savior, Melty Blood, Under Night In-Birth, King of Fighters, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Virtua Fighter, pretty much every currently played tournament fighter aside from SF have dash cancels.

I'm neutral on the dash cancel discussion, while I would prefer for this game to have it, I would not be opposed to having shorter, non-cancelable dashes with less recovery. It would make the game feel a little more unique that way, I think.

trufenix

bye felicia
Marvel / Skullgirls / Arc does, which is apparently what everyone thought this game was gonna be when they saw wall bounces and stage interactions.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Unable to cancel dashes with slow speed walk is uncomfortable, but it will make footsies, zoning and rushdown very differentiated.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I'm not that afraid of zoning really. Previous builds have shown that zoning does not do much damage. Green Arrows arrows do a whopping 6% or so. Deathstrokes guns the same. Couple that in with the long reaching dashes, and you'll cover half a screen by making a correct jump or dash. Just got to alternate it I guess, you can't anti air and zone to stop dashing at the same time.

trufenix

bye felicia
I don´t like back to block, but is getting used to it so not the biggest problem.
The difficulty jump alot from normal to hard, a mode in between the two would be nice.
unskiable winpose and also the dumpster is pritty annoying.
you take that back. the dumpster is amazing. I just wish the fire hydrant came out faster.

I am so fucking hyped for pig wars.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
IMO zoning is actually going to be weak in this game. Nearly all of, if not all of the cast have some form of either projectile immunity or can just armor through it or approach and zone like bats.