What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

MrMadden613

Going Hard in The Paint!
IMO
1.) Blocking with back sucks - i.e. somtimes i hold block and guess what im moving backwords (is this me doing sumtin wrong or is that how it will be)
2.) Doomsday - the trait is so OP that needs to be changed or fixed or sumtin cuz i will be quiting every match against him if that thing stays :p
3.) Dash Cancel - i think that not having this is a good thing cuz lets face it we are not playing mortal kombat and the dash crap was always a thorn in my back... but they do need to shorten the dash animation or sumtin cuz its a lil clunky at the moment.

everything else tho feels great cant wait to get the real thing and really break this game down with my main of choice.

GOOD JOB NRS this game will be great

LMAO at all the MK players bitching about dash cancelling. I love you guys but I knew from the start that this would be one of the three major complaints about this game from our community tbh, and you're simply going to have to adjust. My only problem so far is the negative edge, and I can turn that off when I actually get the game. That and I don't really see much use in doing the dash cancels out of strings so far but maybe with time or an explaination I'll get it. Everything else seems really solid to me. :)
I don't mind that you can't cancel dashes, I just can't wrap my head around how this dash system will work with this games engine.

Hopefully dash canceling comes back to MK10 because its adds speed to the game like run in MK3, but they are trying to appease capcom kids here, and non of their games have dash canceling. Think of how much faster AE would be if it did heh.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I can explain it. Without the ability to cancel a dash into a normal fast gabs, low pokes, and pressure in general become bottom tier. You will not be able to continue solid pressure because as your opponent blocks he will also be executing a walk back if you are not connecting a move. This is going to create canned pressure strings and allow for SUPER easy wiff punishing.
Oh ok so you just want to use it like an FADC I guess then, ok I got it. I thought it was just meant to be a combo extender or something, and I wasn't feeling that.

Goku

Noob
1. Back to block, never liked it and still don't like it in this game
2. Computer AI, they are sooo fucking annoying. Their almost too intelligent, with some of the shit they can do.

Absolutely love the game otherwise, though I will say this. The no dash cancelling REALLY threw me for a major loop, considering I literally used this as my base gameplay in MK9. See, I was expecting this to play pretty similar to MK9, and it plays absolutely NOTHING like it(plays like SF with MVC mixed in) and at first I was pretty disappointed. But, this is just something we are all going to have to get used to, and I like the fact that its fresh and something new for us to practice.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Oh ok so you just want to use it like an FADC I guess then, ok I got it. I thought it was just meant to be a combo extender or something, and I wasn't feeling that.
Exactly... everybody else is not seeing how ridiculous this is going to make characters with far advancing normal. Lex, Doomsday, and most likely Grundy are going to eat people like Flash and Batman

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I think that most of the unblockable moves in the game are very stupid and hard to avoid ie: Dumpsters, helicopters, Lex's missiles (laser is easier to avoid). Walk speed is waaaaaay too slow and the dashes cover way too much distance and are too slow to recover.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Can I ask why negative edge is so bad for everyone but me? I swear I'm having next to no trouble with it. :confused: Also, nobody's bitching; it's criticism, constructive or not, and it's a new experience for MK exclusive players. I don't see why you and a few others feel the need to chastise. They're going to adjust regardless unless they simply drop the game.

Yes, an OP boss version of Doomsday in a 7 month old demo, totally makes sense to think that's what he'll be like in the final game.

You're way overrating the zoning. Especially considering there are tons of other ways to get around it depending on the character.
I'm not chastising, I just find it funny because I saw it coming. The negative edge is just making it really hard for me to buffer inputs so far. It isn't anything serious or that I can't just fix by inputting the command a little differently, but it just gets a little annoying after a bit when I try to hit uppercut into AA grapple and get AA batarang instead is all.

Reactions: RYX
IMO
1.) Blocking with back sucks - i.e. somtimes i hold block and guess what im moving backwords (is this me doing sumtin wrong or is that how it will be)
Are you serious? Not sure if trolling, but I'll bite. Yes it is absolutely normal to walk back, you are holding back aren;t you? The only way you stop moving back is if a string/normal etc land and you block it. It autoblocks.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I don't mind that you can't cancel dashes, I just can't wrap my head around how this dash system will work with this games engine.
Can I ask why? The only reason I could see it being a problem is because of the fact that some people's dashes seem to have a good bit of recovery, but that is mostly because the dash covers so much space.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I'm not chastising, I just find it funny because I saw it coming. The negative edge is just making it really hard for me to buffer inputs so far. It isn't anything serious or that I can't just fix by inputting the command a little differently, but it just gets a little annoying after a bit when I try to hit uppercut into AA grapple and get AA batarang instead is all.
You can turn negative edge off in final build. This was one of the first things I noticed when testing tech with batman....

No mid range game. From what me and a friend played, we noticed that the mid range game is pretty much a game of chicken. Since you have to commit to whatever it is you are doing, you are assed out if you either get countered, or are happy that you are the one who won the chicken game.

The walk speed. With the exception of Batman, who seems to be ridiculously fast, Lex and Wonder Woman just move too damn slow. And even if we had Doomsday available to us, the only way to cover ground with him is that shoulder dash move he uses in arcade ladder.

No dash canceling like many of you have said. Why this is absent who the hell knows? And if this is any indication, it will not be in the final game. It's whatever though so we will have to live with it.

The long range game is silly because covering space in between characters who want to play keep away is dumb thanks to the walk speed and mobility of the available characters. And oh yeah, projectiles do not clash int his game aswell. I could live with it in MK because that is how those games always were, but you'd think they would have at least tried to make a game were projectiles actually clashed just to see how it would have turned out. but oh well...

IMO, the demo sucks hard. I'll most likely play it next at VSM this Thursday but besides that, I see no reason to start it up again. I'm sure a lot of people here are loving it and it would not surprise me if I'm in the minority who thinks it not very good.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I literally had no problem with the lack of dash cancelling, I've played many games where you can before and it's no problem for me. The walk speed annoys me personally as whiff punishing/getting in at certain ranges is gonna be annoying but this may prove false when the full game is out or I start learning more about it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's been said before...you guys should have tried to play other fighting games. That's where the issue you guys are having with no dash cancel. You aren't used to it whatsoever, and it's awkward for you all. When MK is literally how you learned to play a fighting game competitively, the habits from that game come into play. Bring able to dash cancel, anti airs not being nearly as reliable.

My biggest issue is the meter ticks, like said. I think I should get the bar and it's there, but I don't...

MrMadden613

Going Hard in The Paint!
Are you serious? Not sure if trolling, but I'll bite. Yes it is absolutely normal to walk back, you are holding back aren;t you? The only way you stop moving back is if a string/normal etc land and you block it. It autoblocks.
no trolling i am simply asking a question

and your reply make my questions even more legit ... is there a way to not move back and block i.e. tap back as the attk is coming in ? for example batmans b113 as 1 happens tap back as the second 1 happens tap again and repeat for the next one? cuz moving back as u block bothers me anyone else feel this way?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You can turn negative edge off in final build. This was one of the first things I noticed when testing tech with batman....
Yeah I got reminded of that this morning by Compbros so I was way more at ease after he told me that. I have to agree with him on that fact that walk speeds seem pretty bad in the demo so far and I'm not sure how I feel about that one. The footsies in this game are going to be very unique from what I'm gathering so far.

trufenix

bye felicia
no trolling i am simply asking a question

and your reply make my questions even more legit ... is there a way to not move back and block i.e. tap back as the attk is coming in ? for example batmans b113 as 1 happens tap back as the second 1 happens tap again and repeat for the next one? cuz moving back as u block bothers me anyone else feel this way?
No, you have to hold back to block. That means you cannot advance and block. You will eventually learn how to time things so you don't have to actually "walk" before blocking, but there's no way to just put up your shields and wait for an attack, nor can you buffer forward movements or specials while blocking.