What's new

What doesnt make Batman the best character in injustice ?

Is there really a such thing as the best? Every character is at a disadvantage in the game , so it's not even feasible to contemplate this. To be the best at anything means to have no weakness - to think that - you're delusional. Batman has clearly been exaggerated and spotlighted at recent tournaments. That goes for other characters as well.

People have been saying characters are "Broken" , I am confused: Does that mean the character is good , or bad? I am foreign. To me , anything broken is bad , but that's makes Batman the best?What type of logic is that? These debates shouldn't exist. All it does is confuse people and distort logic's. Until every character has been thoroughly examined: Batman , MMH , and any other character that is put on a pedestal , there is no "Top 5 or 10" , or no "Best". Just characters with different abilities , strengths and weaknesses.
tell me what martian manhunter's weakness is, also, to be the best at anything doesn't mean to have no weakness, it means to be the best. Also also, in chess player 1 wins like 55%, also also also, come on now you gotta be a fool not to acknowledge that certain characters are distinctively stronger than other characters and when played at a high level don't have extreme advantages

Yoaks

A spaceman
He just has no way to really open people up who are savvy to just...blocking low. Throws are hella telegraphed in this game and easy to tech, so that kinda throws out the theory of conditioning with throws. His j1/b1 'vortex' is pretty good, but still requires meter to get it going. I'm not downplaying, he's an awesome character, but his core overhead/low mix ups are basically reliant on dash-cancelling or not dash-cancelling a f3 into b1 or throw--and once the meta evolves to people d1 punishing dashes on reaction we can say good-bye to that.

I would say he is very versatile, but not as complete as some other characters. I do think we need to explore blowing up some wake ups with b3 more though. It's airborne-ness makes for punishing certain wake-ups like savage blast and the like pretty damn awesome. But yeah, he's got a lot of tools, but lacks that core overhead/low mix up or overwhelming zoning that makes the top of the top really stand out. massive frame advantage does not mean shit when you're throw is tech'd on reaction and people can just block low on ya all day.

Top 1, nah. top 3-5..Absolutely
I don't think he's even Top 5. He's right outside it imo.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
I honestly Feel like the b1 mixups are enough to open someone up. Just go for the overhead more often(b112). Also only call bats on block for mixups only, that way if he push blocks You still call bats after the push block. Push block leaves the fight in neutral, but I'm sorry if I have a single bat out I'm in advantage especially after a push block in the corner. My bnb pressure setup costs 1 bar and does 37 percent and you have to take 50% of damage to build a meter for a pushblock and if you push block me and you didn't push away An active bat I am still maintaining serious advantage since I call it right after you push block me! To me because of the way the math is if batman has the lead it is easy for him to maintain it. His pressure and game slowly chokes out the opponent by either chipping his life away or keeping their meter low from constant push block. And if batman outzones you? And he has advantage? Batmanagement zoning GGs.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I honestly Feel like the b1 mixups are enough to open someone up. Just go for the overhead more often(b112). Also only call bats on block for mixups only, that way if he push blocks You still call bats after the push block. Push block leaves the fight in neutral, but I'm sorry if I have a single bat out I'm in advantage especially after a push block in the corner. My bnb pressure setup costs 1 bar and does 37 percent and you have to take 50% of damage to build a meter for a pushblock and if you push block me and you didn't push away An active bat I am still maintaining serious advantage since I call it right after you push block me! To me because of the way the math is if batman has the lead it is easy for him to maintain it. His pressure and game slowly chokes out the opponent by either chipping his life away or keeping their meter low from constant push block. And if batman outzones you? And he has advantage? Batmanagement zoning GGs.
You lose bats when you get push blocked.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Trait bats were there to help with having no range unfortunately scrubs couldnt adapt to it and cried for nerfs. Now he is upper mid tier at best.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
NRS literally designed Batman perfectly, so props to them.
Btw, people say he has no way to open you up, yet they still get hit? Hmm

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Batman is not the ryu of inj bc ryu has good normals, fast aa normals a 2 frame dp for aas and wake ups etc

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
He's definitely not the Ryu of this game, but he does have options for almost every situation. His only real weakness seems to be his wake-up game, but other then that he is a jack of all trades, which definitely makes him top tier (top 10).

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
He is top 8, easily.
Just about any one meter combo can be close to 40% or more.
Projectile hits twice
Underestimated d2
Cray cray pressure
Trait makes any block string safe...or anything safe

He's got top 3 trait in the game (I think behind MMH's and Harley Quinn's...jk, but for real, Sinestro's)

But shorts pokes and holes in his start up strings are difficult to ignore. I'd put him 5 at best.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
He is top 8, easily.
Just about any one meter combo can be close to 40% or more.
Projectile hits twice
Underestimated d2
Cray cray pressure
Trait makes any block string safe...or anything safe

He's got top 3 trait in the game (I think behind MMH's and Harley Quinn's...jk, but for real, Sinestro's)

But shorts pokes and holes in his start up strings are difficult to ignore. I'd put him 5 at best.
This is an accurate assessment. With all those tools he can handle just about any playstyle (zoner, rushdown, grappler, etc...)