What's new

Question What does this character need?

Panque

Random foreign guy
Im not sure he was trolling at all. I think he is part of that casual group of players who think the clone is cheap...
22 should be 0 on block lol
No armor on en ice blast, but it should be more like the normal ice blast, like brady said, if sub has time to throw an :ex blast, it should keep on going on the screen instead of nullified by projectiles. Its dumb, as most aspects of this character.

kdog9114

Cool Huh?
Lol you know what i realised after reading this thread that we shouldn't ask for buffs for sub....We should just ask that netherrealm studios make sub better in the next mk!

Seapeople

This one's for you
214 definitely cannot be interrupted. b121 gets blown up hard though. Just clearing that up, carry on :D

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
What Sub Zero needs is... BETTER PLAYERS! Start using your noggins.

Or to be removed from the game, SZ players love to whine, every character has their issues.

(D4) combo-ed into Ice Ball & Ex-Freeze issues being stuffed. Ex-Freeze being safe of block &or having multiple active frames while the whole animation of the projectile is on screen(Opponent blocks the first part of Ex-Freeze and dashing or jumping through the rest of the projectile makes me cry why every time).

IMO wake up invincible attacks should have certain frames of armor and not the invincibility. Its silly to have wake ups attacks receive no damage IMO

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What Sub Zero needs is... BETTER PLAYERS! Start using your noggins.

Or to be removed from the game, SZ players love to whine, every character has their issues.
Sub has almost the larget though,he does bad vs the most often used characters who happen to be top 5 matterial except KL.

Panque

Random foreign guy
The reason SZ players like to whine is because he used to be top tier and now he is bottom mid probably. I mean... imagine If they did this to Kabal, don't you think they would be whining too? If a char is OP, you make them Top tier, no less, and SZ wasn't even OP to begin with...

I cant stress it enough. Make 21 hit all opponents crouching and neutral crouching and 1 hit of armor on ex freeze. Similar to scorpions ex spear. Those two changes could make him around top 10 and their fair buffs. But i think NRS is done with sub. Sigh
Ive been hearing these suggestions all around this thread plus the slide passing under duckable projectiles, but I really dont believe it will be enough to SZ to be 5-5 against those IAF characters that give him hell, even if you manage to have bars to use the Ex freeze, you will hit the opponent in the air most of the times. The 21 hitting crouched blocks is something that surely will improve SZ, its like a damage buff/life buff (sf series), its a straight buff, will help dont matter what. I just dont think that its going to make him 5-5 against kabal, kitana, millena, kenshi... I can see these changes making it 5-5 against chars like reptile and raiden, however. To me to "bring him to top10", is just crap, they must to make everyone balanced against everyone. Surely thats impossible but that must be the mindset. If they take the game trying to make this or that char top x or top y, they will make the game as much umbalanced as before, just maybe different chars are going to be the op ones now.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Yes, the reason Sub Zero is bottom 10 is because of the players, not the subsequent string of patches ruining him. Sub players like Tom Brady and Denzel are so unskilled that they either had to drop the character or find several alternates to balance him out. The hidden tech just promising to be discovered by Sub Zero's vast amount of specials and strings is truly mesmerizing.

What happens if they ruin Sonya? You will just continue to use her even if she gets Noob's recovery on her fireball, Noob's damage, and Sub Zero's speed? You'll take that to a tournament even though she has 3-4 3-7 MUs, one of which is completely unwinnable due to the design of her hitbox?

Get off your horse.
To be fair, Foxy is actually one of those players you can't tell to get off his horse or accuse him of being a tier whore because he can and does play Sub-Zero and other lower tier characters to a ridiculous standard. He makes rain look pretty filthy.

I get what you're saying and I agree about Sub-Zero, though. He's alright but he'd make a lot more sense in light of some of the suggestions in this thread (certainly not the majority of suggestions, however).

Enenra

Go to hell.
To be fair, Foxy is actually one of those players you can't tell to get off his horse or accuse him of being a tier whore because he can and does play Sub-Zero and other lower tier characters to a ridiculous standard. He makes rain look pretty filthy.

I get what you're saying and I agree about Sub-Zero, though. He's alright but he'd make a lot more sense in light of some of the suggestions in this thread (certainly not the majority of suggestions, however).
Rain definitely isn't low tier, lol.

And well then, sorry Foxy. Disregard my salt.

You're still playing MK, Deathgun?
Im trying to play at least once every week, but Im not playing with SZ anymore, I dont expect NRS to ever balance this game again, honestly.

Sadly I doesnt like playing any stupid mad rushdown game, so this game wont bring me too much satisfaction afterall, I supose. Its a bit stupid imo, just a bunch of guys pressing buttons almost randomly expecting something to connect, block strings that left the attacker with way too much advantage, random moves at all: the lack of trades, so sometimes you will eat that JIP and other times you wont, sometimes you will to lose half your life and will have to defend against a 50/50 mixup that will take the other half because the CPU decided that the opponent's move looks prettier than yours and due that he will hit you even with both moves active and no invencible properties. This idiot imput system that catchs diagonals as qcf/qcb moves plus it buffers it forever, like for more than a second, and lets not talk about the imput bug.

Resuming, Im not liking the game as I tought I liked it now that I know it better, Im not sure if I will keep playing it anymore from now on.

kano: a small damage out put increase OR make the second hit of 212 over head, he could use another over head normal
raka: slightly faster projectile recovery or blade dash distance increased by a foot or two in game
shang: faster exicuting up fire ball to hit cross ups and have better zoning or f2 a super awesome AA move

NKZero

Noob
MashPotatoTower I agree on Kano needing higher damage output. Baraka just needs quicker normals perhaps. I don't really know him that well tbh so idk. Shang is fine for me. Those frame traps provide great mind games for Shang's rush down. His zoning is really solid as well especially since his skulls have such great tracking. He's a very solid character imo.

Seapeople

This one's for you
no, im talking about 214
its really hard but possible, friend of mine show me this
Is this online? I would assume that the meter drain glitch would happen if you even try to interrupt 214. It doesn't make much sense, sorry :( I'd have to see this one to believe it.

Kano doesn't need a higher damage out put at all, but it sure as hell will make him better =p but damge buffs are for scrubs. id take another overhead or just a safer b2 any day of the week. even on a tuesday! those b2s are pretty tricky to set up
raka normals are sex,

If night wolfs B4 was quick he could crawl across the floor avoiding high projectils, close distance, and be the perfect footies character

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I think he was trolling when he said that. I did try to explain why that sort of strategy isn't possible with Sub-zero just in case he wasn't trolling.

While we're all resigned to the fact he won't be fixed, I think it's worth pointing this stuff out now so that we've given our favourite character the best fighting chance possible. I'd rather that than lie and say "he's fine" out of character pride. If NRS is aware but can't do anything about the situation, fair enough, but it never hurts to ask.
Probably wasnt trolling, I mean if you look at Sub Zeros overall design and all the holes in his offensive game thats clearly what he was intended to do. They probably just dont understand that all the changes they've made to the game have rendered that strategy ineffective against a good portion of the cast.

Anyway no point in begging for buffs anymore, last I heard NRS was done with balance patches for this game so all you can do is hope he turns out better in MK10. And its not like Sub Zero is useless, I main Raiden now but I still keep Sub incase I run into the odd Cyber Sub or Johnny Cage.