What's new

What do you think of... Sindel? ;)

Big Frog

Noob
Sindel is the most fun to me too. You're going to lose more than win against good, strong players but it's still fun. lol

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I agree with most of this, but her zoning can easily be shut down by a good player who is using a teleporting character. Otherwise I don't see any flaws with her except her scream reset lol.
Yes, tele shuts her zoing down.

But her wake-up cartwheel is crazy, ad if you do the right strings, she can hit mid and low in one motion making it nearly impssible to block, unless you have quite a bit of experience fighting her.

The most ive seen come out of Sindel is 33%, and when I saw that I was like"holy shit" 33% is crazy for her.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Yes, tele shuts her zoing down.

But her wake-up cartwheel is crazy, ad if you do the right strings, she can hit mid and low in one motion making it nearly impssible to block, unless you have quite a bit of experience fighting her.

The most ive seen come out of Sindel is 33%, and when I saw that I was like"holy shit" 33% is crazy for her.
Oh yea, Step Up is really nice for wake up or against down blocking. I always use her 212 mix up. I usually do j2,2,1,Step up, hair whip, or back kick. I have a 33% combo with her as well, but I never attempt it online. Her best launcher is Unforgettable since the second hit is a over head and launches people that are down blocking.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I thought 44% was her best?

jip b3f2, ex scream, jip b3f2, b21, 111, hair whip

Managed it once online. Once.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I thought 44% was her best?

jip b3f2, ex scream, jip b3f2, b21, 111, hair whip

Managed it once online. Once.
DAMN YOU!!!!! lol. This is why I avoid these threads hahaha. I like to learn things on my own and the best I have is 33% as of right now...I refuse to look at that combo sir lol.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
DAMN YOU!!!!! lol. This is why I avoid these threads hahaha. I like to learn things on my own and the best I have is 33% as of right now...I refuse to look at that combo sir lol.
Lol that combo is so hard on my thumbs and on timing that I don't even try it anymore. What is yours? Sometimes an easy combo is better. This is by no means a BnB.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Lol that combo is so hard on my thumbs and on timing that I don't even try it anymore. What is yours? Sometimes an easy combo is better. This is by no means a BnB.
Easier combos are the way to go online at least. j2,b3,f2,dash,b1,b2,dash,f1,f2,hair whip is a easy 30% combo offline, but online I tend to leave out the b1,b2 since longer combos are easily dropped due to lag.

B W1zZ

Noob
I personally think sindel is stronger than people make her out to be with all the crying for buffs. I played her a little bit in casuals on the AZ stream last night, but can't really say that did my sindel justice since I don't have a lot of experience Vs Kitana.

She might not be considered the best character tier wise, but I think she has a lot of untapped potential, and can be really good in the hands of someone with solid fundamentals.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I personally think sindel is stronger than people make her out to be with all the crying for buffs. I played her a little bit in casuals on the AZ stream last night, but can't really say that did my sindel justice since I don't have a lot of experience Vs Kitana.

She might not be considered the best character tier wise, but I think she has a lot of untapped potential, and can be really good in the hands of someone with solid fundamentals.
This. I don't think she needs a buff either. I had problems with Kitana players as well, but as soon as you realize their strategy it's over. Kitana players tend to throw fans all day which makes it really difficult for Sindel to zone or rush in, so it just takes a little patience. Ducking is your friend in that match up, when they get close for a combo...punish. I have a easier time with Cyrax since I can jump above nets and use fireballs. When they teleport, jump punch. It might sound cheap, but Sindel against a good Kitana or Cyrax is a horrible matchup.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
oh god; seriously? "crying" for buffs? "untapped" potential? and even worse: "doesnt need a buff".

wow... just wow. maybe for some online warriors she may need no buffs and for players who face inept players that cant deal with her zoning and pressure her to death. once the opponent learns to stop DUCKING during Cartwheel; sindel's main defense is shattered.

her normals are too slow for effective mix-ups. "crazy mixups"? really? against some people i suppose they can seem that way. her mix ups are practically non-existant. they are among the easiest to fuzzy guard.

sindel definitely needs buffs; and it's not "crying" its the truth. she needs armor to get rushers off of her. a USEFUL regular scream (its nearly uncomboable as it is now and a death-gamble. it isnt a real anti-air since you have to predict the jump; you cant react). these SLIGHt changes would make her much more solid. as it is; sindel only seems "top tier" against her best match ups (i.e sub zero) or players who really dont know how to dash block.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I've never played Sindel before ever, but this thread made me want to go into practice, so....If I taught myself to do these consistently in 10 mins, I'm sure they can be used online?

JIP B3, F2, EX scream ~ JIP B1,2, dash, B1,2, dash, uppercut = 34%, 10 hits.
JIP B3, F2, EX scream ~ JIP B3, F2, dash, B1,2, dash, B1,2 = 38%, 11 hits. The only thing weird about this one is the timing on the first B1,2, you have to delay it a bit.

Like I said, I have never played Sindel, but these seem like easy starter BnBs?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
everyone with half a brain knows sindel is low tier in this game.. her zoning is mediocre because more then half the cast can destroy it. you dont want to rush down with her for long because once you guess wrong your fucked because she cant escape rush down pressure well. every character in the game has something upclose that allows them to escape up close pressure, a far reaching low poke, a fast uppercut (quan and stryker even have this option) armor move.. every character has something but her.. once people find out that all her wake up options are killed by the cross up, your fucked even more.. i Laughed hard when you guys said "oh wow cartwheel is such a good wake up move" LOLOLOLOLOL

play better competition and you will get wacked trying to use sindel, take her to a offline tournament see what happens..

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
I've never played Sindel before ever, but this thread made me want to go into practice, so....If I taught myself to do these consistently in 10 mins, I'm sure they can be used online?

JIP B3, F2, EX scream ~ JIP B1,2, dash, B1,2, dash, uppercut = 34%, 10 hits.
JIP B3, F2, EX scream ~ JIP B3, F2, dash, B1,2, dash, B1,2 = 38%, 11 hits. The only thing weird about this one is the timing on the first B1,2, you have to delay it a bit.

Like I said, I have never played Sindel, but these seem like easy starter BnBs?
yes they seem alright.

also while im on the subject: at tourney play against people who KNOW sindel's tactics; b3 f2 is nearly useless. it's far too slow and the second hit being an overhead is obvious. but against the online players who only crouch bliock (the same people who get demolished by sindel) they will work just fine.

b3 f2's main usage is that it can stuff wake-up attacks if timed (b3's hitbox hits most wake ups out of their start up frames) leading into a full combo. after the patch this will be useless though. wake-ups will be getting more frames of invincibility

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
everyone with half a brain knows sindel is low tier in this game.. her zoning is mediocre because more then half the cast can destroy it. you dont want to rush down with her for long because once you guess wrong your fucked because she cant escape rush down pressure well. every character in the game has something upclose that allows them to escape up close pressure, a far reaching low poke, a fast uppercut (quan and stryker even have this option) armor move.. every character has something but her..

play better competition and you will get wacked trying to use sindel, take her to a offline tournament see what happens..
Daaaan! i thought i would be singled out as someone "crying" for sindel buffs :( thank goodness you arrived for support lol

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Disclaimer: I did not post these combos under the impression that A. they were highly competitive or B. sindel should be comboing anyone like that. Simply having fun in practice. I'm fully aware of her ass-blowingness and Dan/Magnet have my full support with their commentary.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
haha sorry; i didnt mean to seem like i was discrediting your combos. i was just on a tangent. this thread is laced with (im sorry) ignorance.

Endofgameboss: im happy you have decided to pick up sindel. she is an amazing and unique character. but please dont misinform people; take some time to learn her weaknesses against people that know how to fight her.

Some consider her low tier, some consider her top tier. I for one am leaning to top. Her ONLY drawback I see is low damage. Other than that she is very good. Crazy mix up, cartwheel makes for an amazing wake-up and her zoning is probibly the best in the game.
this just....wow. it pisses me off and makes me laugh simultaneously. Especially the bolded segments. Ludicrous...

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Im with Dan and the rest of them, she blows monkey chunk

you said the cartwheel is awesome? LMAO that move is so useless every time i see it i start crying so hard

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I give props to anybody who runs with Sindel.

And I've fought some really use-your-noodle, playing-with-the-right-steps good Sindels online.

That being said...she needs some help. Bad.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
Im with Dan and the rest of them, she blows monkey chunk

you said the cartwheel is awesome? LMAO that move is so useless every time i see it i start crying so hard
Its definitely not useless.. In fact it's one of her best (if not best) tools. It is an entire overhead meaning that touching Down while blocking it will cause you To be hit. It launches the opponent so sindel can resume Zoning. But to go as far to call it "one great wake up move" is just ignorant. She can be crossed Over during the wake up and destroyed

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
hmmm I since hostility among my fellow Sindel users. I believe some of you are overreacting to the posts in here. Her cartwheel is just as good as any others wake up, because it is blockable and punishable doesn't mean it's horrid. It's just as good as any other except against a smart player who knows match ups. I have said several times today her b3,f2 is pretty useless unless your lucky enough to land a jp. Her only salvage is 212, and her projectiles. I'm just tired of having conversations about buffs and nerfs lately. It's at the point I just want people to enjoy the game as it is.

Also Sindel is great against certain characters such as, sub, baraka, jax, cage, Kang, and Jade. With that said I've learned not to play against characters with teleport because it is a uphill battle. I'm at the point of counter picking. It's even getting to the point Cyrax is becoming easier to handle. On and offline. A lot of it does have to do with the player and the choices they make throughout the game.

If buffs come along I'm not going to cry about it, but I'm not going to ask for 1 either. The only time you'll see me cry is if they take something else away of hers. Also, would people stop bringing up her yell like it is so effective during a combo string? That is rare to pull off at a high level.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Well another problem with the cartwheel is that it can be low poked out of.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Well another problem with the cartwheel is that it can be low poked out of.

I've noticed. That has happened to me a few times thus far. I didn't make it into a big deal because it happened to me a lot when I mained Baraka as well. I believed it was a glitch in the game or something.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
It's a problem when every attack sindel has is destroyed by the low poke. So she can't really pressure anyone. Like if she blocks a poke she can't really punish it that's what I mean.

What I have to do is if I see a poke is quickly jump up and do the df3 air fireball, but they block it I'm fucked lol