What's new

Question - Johnny Cage What do YOU think Cage will get in the next patch update?

Hitbox quirks are up to a designer's discretion so I cannot give you a hard and fast rule on what should or shouldn't happen when it comes to things like stance or gender specific combos. I am just saying that high attacks hitting a crouch blocking opponent is not a rule and never has been.
Please check the edits made to my original reply to you. Based on the timing of the quoted post, it's unlikely you've seen them.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Stunt Double: I think he will get nothing in this variation. But it would be nice if the inconsistencies with the clones were solved. This is not a buff but a fix...

A-List: Best case scenario: remains as is. Worst case scenario (and most probable): unwarranted nerf in the block advantage of his cancels.

Fisticuffs: Though I still can't believe it, I got a 99% confirmation that this variation is getting NOTHING in the next patch.
I talked many times about this, but imo this variation needs the following in order to be at least decent. It's sooo easy to do it...

-9 frame startup for B1 (this is a must).
-Speedbag -2 on block (or even less, but ok, -2).
-Fistbump recovery A LOT faster.
-Added EX Fistbump with properties similar to the ones Liu Kang gets with his Shaolin flame move in the Flame fist variation.

This wouldn't make him broken at all. He still would be worse than the other two variations, and for example worse than FF Liu Kang.

Each time I play someone I always hear the "hey, you are the only Fisticuffs I met, why you play this variation?". This is really what NRS wants? A game with three variations per character, where people only use one or two? It's sad.

Last edited:

Vini_Strife

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
I hope they fix the NP Whiff's on some chars after f24 d1 f3 np (Like goro, ferra and Kotal Khan) on A-list

And they can give a low start and remove one cancel from the combos !

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So that is by design? Can you give us solid confirmation?

Edit: Are moves that whiff based on stance by design also?

2nd Edit: If that is indeed the case, can you please explain why in the following thread highs are explicitly stated as working in a single fashion

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-system-guide.49846/

And why inconsistencies like the ones in the first video of this thread occur

http://testyourmight.com/threads/fixes-commando-needs-and-buffs-he-could-use.56529/

Tom Brady wrote that guide not me.

There are a number of reasons for hitbox anomalies. The victim could slightly move during their ducking animation, it could be stance specific, it could be range dependent. Again, these are up to a designer's discretion.

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
I hope they fix the NP Whiff's on some chars after f24 d1 f3 np (Like goro, ferra and Kotal Khan) on A-list

And they can give a low start and remove one cancel from the combos !
EX Mimic rising shadow + low starter = New quanchi.. You can't give cage a low starter vini porra

Cage is very good the way he is at this point, I dont think he needs any buffs, there are some other characters that need some and some variations aswell @16 Bit any chance Assassin variation gets something ?

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Dude I can already do that shit in the corner with Sweep after B2 Mimic load up and combo from it
Only corner I guess.. or midscreen too ? :eek:
Edit: I also think we can delay our wakeup to avoid this.. with a low starter you would not have anywhere to run.. f3 ex rising shadow and the guess with the low starter

Tom Brady wrote that guide not me.

There are a number of reasons for hitbox anomalies. The victim could slightly move during their ducking animation, it could be stance specific, it could be range dependent. Again, these are up to a designer's discretion.
I know several community members, myself included, would really appreciate a hard and fast confirmation as to which whiffing issues are intended on being fixed and which are there by design. I fully understand that you are not in a position to comment, but if you could mention it to someone who is, I (and safe to assume others) would be very grateful.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Cage is very good the way he is at this point, I dont think he needs any buffs, there are some other characters that need some and some variations aswell @16 Bit any chance Assassin variation gets something ?
If you think Fisticuffs Cage doesn't need anything, you must live in some parallel universe man.