What's new

Poll What do you think about the 3/29/16 patch changes

What do you think about the 3/29 patch changes?

• The changes hurt more than they helped

Votes: 166 61.0%
  • The changes helped more than they hurt

Votes: 111 40.8%

• Total voters

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
NRS either knowingly released op characters with the plan of nerfing after selling kp2 or QA didn't do their job.
This times a fucking million. People are all good bleating out that the characters are still viable, but they're missing the point.

People have invested time and money into this dlc, only for a large portion of their game plan to be changed. This could have been prevented before KP2 was even released by balancing the damn thing instead of sending out obviously broken shit to bait people into buying it, then taking a massive, steaming pile of shit on them after everyone's already paid.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
This times a fucking million. People are all good bleating out that the characters are still viable, but they're missing the point.

People have invested time and money into this dlc, only for a large portion of their game plan to be changed. This could have been prevented before KP2 was even released by balancing the damn thing instead of sending out obviously broken shit to bait people into buying it, then taking a massive, steaming pile of shit on them after everyone's already paid.
Only the NRS (and some of the Marvel) community would only consider buying a character because they thought said character was good.

What about wanting to have a more complete game?

What about wanting the character so you learn to fight against them online?

What about creating more variables from Random Select to consider?

What about actually trying to support the company and community that constantly gets shitted on for not being as competitive as the other fighting games that surround it?

Sigh..

this is my takeaway.

blocking always needs to be the right answer to a move or it's OP.

Ignore three options that work 100% of the time. Because if one of those three options isn't block, it needs fixing.

Also if a meterless BnB does too much damage, (actually, even if it doesn't), let's not only take the combo out of the game, but also increase scaling on whatever else is left.

The Cyrax changes, namely making a net not come out after an explosion is a good fix....... for MK9. This isn't MK9..

Worst patch. like ever.

While the complaints about character changes being premised on them not being "top tier" anymore is kinda dumb, it's more the idea that you shouldn't have to re-learn your character every month, especially when the reasons for having to do this are REALLY bad ones.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
Complete and utter bullshit. My mains are Cyrax (since Mortal Kombat 3) and Tremor. This ruins all the hype this game has. I knew nerfs were needed but any one of us on testyourmight.com could have come up with 15 other more balanced ways to normalize Cyrax. This was done with the intent to destroy the character, not normalize him.
he was doing 40 meterless and had the dirtiest vortex in this game's existence. u can't have thought that would stay. he's fine right now. tremor on the other hand:(

Smoke needed an armored ex special and a longer ex phase in order to be viable, he is easily pressured and gm sz vs smoke is the games only 8-2 matchup

Instead, HE WAS NERFED?!

WHY WOULD THEY NERF SUCH A WEAK CHARACTER?!!!!?

HE WAS SUPPOSED TO GET BUFFS?!!

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Only the NRS (and some of the Marvel) community would only consider buying a character because they thought said character was good.

What about actually trying to support the company and community that constantly gets shitted on for not being as competitive as the other fighting games that surround it?

Sigh..
Again, missing the point.

I would have brought KP2 whether I wanted to main any of the characters or not, because I love MKX and want to show my support. However, you can't sit there and argue against the fact that NRS is terrible with balancing DLC. KP2 released in the exact same state as KP1, with three utterly broken characters and 1 sub-par one.

They never learn from their mistakes. Things always start to look good, with reasonable changes in the first KP2 hotfix, then they go and shit the bed with something like this.

This situation should have been handled a lot better, and after KP1 I thought they would have. Either there were some external circumstances we were unaware of forcing NRS to release them all on the same day or they're just plain stupid.

he was doing 40 meterless and had the dirtiest vortex in this game's existence. u can't have thought that would stay. he's fine right now. tremor on the other hand:(
Translation - I don't know about jumping, armor or backdash. It's dirty because holding block doesn't work."

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left
I honestly agree with every nerf except reducing net duration. That makes all post net bomb set ups either impossible (DB2 after air net) or unreliable (Forward Dash DD2 D2 after ground net) That RUINS all of his combos. Every Cyrax main would have rather had those 30 frames added to decreased block advantage making net ultra unsafe than to have the net duration ruin every combo he had.

The one thread of hope about this turn of events is that the KP2 characters will probably be rebuffed after ESL is finished. It's understandable that they were overzealous in their nerfs in order to prevent everyone in the season from playing KP2. I think those characters were balanced, but a lot of people just didn't know the matchups.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...

Sigh..
Everyone in this thread was going to buy kp2 for the reasons you listed regardless of how good or bad the chars were. The bait and switch was to give casuals/semi-casuals the feeling that they were good enough to invest more time into the game and countless hours of people's time were wasted. It feels like it was all part of a plan or people didn't do their job.

omooba

fear the moobs
Translation - I don't know about jumping, armor or backdash. It's dirty because holding block doesn't work."
umm so what you're telling me is that you can jump out/armor/backdash out of overhead low bomb? okay then

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Changed my vote to 'hurt more than helped' now that I've been playing Cyber Sub for like 3 hours today. He's actually bad now.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Thank god they toned down alien! I think possibly the triborg nerfs were a little too soon except the cyrax bomb BS. And I will go ahead and say I cannot understand why they nerfed tremor again. Does anyone know how much this will affect him long term

PS: thank GOD they toned alien down! Bwahahaha

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Playing other games has made me realize that NRS has a long way to go as far as balancing games goes. Multiple patches in such a short period time is a huge disadvantage to competitive players and makes casual players lose interest quickly. They need to test the game way longer before the game's release and it seems the testers they have now are abysmal to say the least.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
the lack of brains in these comments are astounding. All these guys are still viable.. are they cheap with OP bs crap.. no. This is a good thing. The great thing about this game is nearly everyone is viable. you watch any major from any time in the comp and you see top 32+ representing every character. Tanya and 'Rax and Tremor now suck.. what a load of rubbish. I'd put money on it that there will be a player at the next major who gets well into the comp using those guys. The great thing about this game is that it is player based. ANY good player can take nearly ANY character to GF if they are good. All this patch has done is make the bots less stupid.
Bo Rai Cho wants to know why he was neutered when he has had no loving since birth?

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Tanya does suck. Can I have whatever ur smoking? Lol. Do you even play her? Granted, when I play her I usually wreck people (dragon Naginata) it's a tiresome struggle. AT LEAST dragon Naginata and Puromancer need buffs.
Yea I played her as a secondary in 4 MKD and mained her for a while in X....there's a difference between making a character fair and ruining their design overall. She's not unplayable but she's pretty bad/lacking/broken(in the bad way) now. One of the known Tanya players (dragon) even dropped her for alien seemingly.
I agree. In this game it seems more beneficial to use characters with tools as opposed to struggling with the lower tiered ones.

JUHANO88

Noob
After the patch the online game seems to be a little weird to me. Sometime I press butons and the game is not responding corectly for example my combos stop in half... few minutes ago i was watching the stream on twitch and one guy who played the game have the same issue...