What's new

Poll What do you think about the 3/29/16 patch changes

What do you think about the 3/29 patch changes?

• The changes hurt more than they helped

Votes: 166 61.0%
  • The changes helped more than they hurt

Votes: 111 40.8%

• Total voters

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I feel like according to the NRS guys Tremor wasn't supposed to be so reliant on uprock. It was probably meant as a defensive tool to interrupt pressure and make it your turn instead of giving Tremor himself hot damn diggity good pressure.
Yet pressure is the bomb in this game and defence is meh. It's wasn't overly strong or anything.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Yet pressure is the bomb in this game and defence is meh. It's wasn't overly strong or anything.
Tremor was considered pretty much top by a lot of people if I recall correctly. While all the nerfs to uprock altogether were too much, I felt like at least a slight nerf was in order (please don't crucify me Tremor mains). Tremor could easily shift momentum in his favor with uprovk, not to mention that once he had that momentum he could use more uprocks for sick plus frames and to interrupt an opponent's at getting out of his pressure. Uprock was REALLY good. Now it's more meant just for the interrupting an opponent's pressure part.

Zabru

Tremor was considered pretty much top by a lot of people if I recall correctly. While all the nerfs to uprock altogether were too much, I felt like at least a slight nerf was in order (please don't crucify me Tremor mains). Tremor could easily shift momentum in his favor with uprovk, not to mention that once he had that momentum he could use more uprocks for sick plus frames and to interrupt an opponent's at getting out of his pressure. Uprock was REALLY good. Now it's more meant just for the interrupting an opponent's pressure part.
I know but I think this is gonna ruin him now. It's was his main dirt (or rock) and now it's gone he looks really weak imo. Was thinking of picking him up but I will just forget it now.

DDutchguy

I know but I think this is gonna ruin him now. It's was his main dirt (or rock) and now it's gone he looks really weak imo. Was thinking of picking him up but I will just forget it now.
He still has good mixups with his lows and overheads, not to mention F121 is still a fantastic string. Aftershock still has his awesome air quake, Crystalline still has flex and the low launcher and Metallic... well I'll give you metallic.

Zabru

Yeah I'm actually kinda still interested in Crystalline I though he looked pretty awesome back in the day when people were making tech vids with him. Was that stuff ruined or did they leave crystalline alone?

DDutchguy

Yeah I'm actually kinda still interested in Crystalline I though he looked pretty awesome back in the day when people were making tech vids with him. Was that stuff ruined or did they leave crystalline alone?
EX-db1 is -5 instead of +5 so you still have a really good counterpoke. +5 was dumb.

Zabru

Yep, besides the universal uprock and OTG nerfs.
I guess he is still in the cards but It would take a lot of convincing for me to chose him over the other two characters I'm thinking of switching to (Shinnok BS+Imp or Ermac MoS).

DDutchguy

I guess he is still in the cards but It would take a lot of convincing for me to chose him over the other two characters I'm thinking of switching to (Shinnok BS+Imp or Ermac MoS).
Master of Souls is boring, Shinnok is not Raiden. Two valid reasons to pick Tremor.

Zabru

Master of Souls is boring, Shinnok is not Raiden. Two valid reasons to pick Tremor.
Yeah I though MoS was kinda boring but he has some neat shit to him. Something about Shinnok though, he seems so cool and rather viable as well (sceptical on BS though, he seems kinda terrible).

Raiden? Ewww.

Zabru

Also Tremor is cool and I like him but I just spent the past year as a Kenshi loyalist cause I liked him and though he was cool. I only ended up getting bodied by NRS cause I though it was common sense that Balanced is on top of the list for buffs yet no changes. It hurt me in the long run, now I just want to play someone who I think I can win with. Even if they are boring.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
What I think you mean is she's just good enough to be tournament viable.
Surely tournament viable is enough, though.

I'm tired of reading shit like "NRS you made me pay for DLC"

So you won't be able to enjoy a character if they aren't absolutely top tier? FFS.

I'm sorry. The SF or KI or GG community don't often say shit as stupid as this. Alex could be the worst character in SFV they will buy him because they have asked and waited for him. On TYM people loved saying they love Cyrax and shit and they can't wait for him. One patch later they wish he was never born.

I love this game but it's getting silly. MK is a brilliant fighting game but the community needs to grow up a bit more to reach its full potential.

This community just moves from one to another ALL AT THE SAME TIME looking for a characters 'dirt' and that's why you are constantly disappointed.

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
I think the patch fixed some stuff like alien which was needed badly,but the bo rai cho nerfs were a little uncalled for,and the triborg decimation is ridiculous.I was having fun and learning the match ups really well with all variations and doing well,my defense is insane now because of triborg.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
The changes just hurt. They always do. People were just used to HTB, pressure for free with insane plus frames. They just need to play it out and see what the game has more to offer right now.

When they going to fix takedas hitbox on his whips and NJP? :/ my stuff whiffs when the whips go right through my opponent. It's super annoying...

Yeah I though MoS was kinda boring but he has some neat shit to him. Something about Shinnok though, he seems so cool and rather viable as well (sceptical on BS though, he seems kinda terrible).

Raiden? Ewww.
Bs as in boneshaper? Oh believe me he is far from "terrible" lmao he has really good frametraps , good meterbuilding and he also has good zoning and really good tools in genaral , his only weakness is his fairly weak damage.

IBreakemoffI

Shut Down!
They
Surely tournament viable is enough, though.

I'm tired of reading shit like "NRS you made me pay for DLC"

So you won't be able to enjoy a character if they aren't absolutely top tier? FFS.

I'm sorry. The SF or KI or GG community don't often say shit as stupid as this. Alex could be the worst character in SFV they will buy him because they have asked and waited for him. On TYM people loved saying they love Cyrax and shit and they can't wait for him. One patch later they wish he was never born.

I love this game but it's getting silly. MK is a brilliant fighting game but the community needs to grow up a bit more to reach its full potential.

This community just moves from one to another ALL AT THE SAME TIME looking for a characters 'dirt' and that's why you are constantly disappointed.
They took cyrax who was extremely fun to play. Who also had a bunch of different combo opportunities without over the top damage and made him straight suck. I've tried playing him and it just sucks. Net durations didn't need changed the cool combos scaled heavily and were hard to execute. Not being able to net after a bomb pop up? Yes I'm disappointed and yet I still run the sane characters that run over cyrax even before his Nerf. Listening to people who didn't even have the match up down..