What's new

Question What do you think about Bane vs Deathstroke?

Anyone want to run sets right now? Also I agree with karaokelove about GL. Fought a few of them and you do enough damage once you get in. Also the wall bounces w/ armor were stuffing their wake up game into even more damage. I had to be quite more conservative with the Venom against GL than the rest of the cast...accept for Raven/Ares. Idk man, somethings funky with those matchups. Can't place my finger on it.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Seriously, has anyone even seen a serious Deathstroke vs Bane Vid. These vids are embarrassing. Deathstroke players that have spent ANY time on these boards are better than any of the ones I've seen posted here. Go watch Aris play deathstroke at WNF. THAT is how you play him. There should be no reason he should EVER run up to Bane.

Also, doesn't meter burn gun stuff level 3 venom?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Seriously, has anyone even seen a serious Deathstroke vs Bane Vid. These vids are embarrassing. Deathstroke players that have spent ANY time on these boards are better than any of the ones I've seen posted here. Go watch Aris play deathstroke at WNF. THAT is how you play him. There should be no reason he should EVER run up to Bane.

Also, doesn't meter burn gun stuff level 3 venom?
No, level 3 venom is projectile immune being guns don't even affect us. We don't even take armor damage, just go right through them

Doombawkz is right about not taking damage, however a high level DS player will time their guns to the point where they can jump the charge completely.

Also got into a KOTH room this morning with KaraokeLove and a pretty solid Super Man player and once I got warmed up these matches happened. There is 1 matches vs Deathstroke and 2 vs Super Man. Both pretty annoying MU's for Bane

SLy

Noob
Its tough.. If you don't come correct with your oki setups then you are gonna have to camp on Lv3 Venom until you get in again..

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Hmm....f3 on wakeup may not be a bad idea. Right now, you have to time your armor attacks just right to beat out invincible wake ups. But you can just hold f3 MB and it works like a focus attack in SF4. I do this sometimes with venom x3 f2/f2d, but this is safer and you get a frame trap if they block. Gonna play with this more, later. Good shit.

IMO, Bane loses the matchup. You have to approach the traditional way and if you're up against a deathstroke who knows how to zone and space properly, you're royally fucked. The venom gimmick to get in won't work unless you take it to level 3 for projectile immunity. But there is a problem with that, once it runs out, you're debuffed and takes shit tons of extra damage. Level 1 and 2 venom won't get you very far in this matchup since you're dealling with a character that has multiple hitting projectiles.

IMO, Bane loses the matchup. You have to approach the traditional way and if you're up against a deathstroke who knows how to zone and space properly, you're royally fucked. The venom gimmick to get in won't work unless you take it to level 3 for projectile immunity. But there is a problem with that, once it runs out, you're debuffed and takes shit tons of extra damage. Level 1 and 2 venom won't get you very far in this matchup since you're dealling with a character that has multiple hitting projectiles.
Yeah it is pretty bad. However once you're in you're pretty set for big damage. The only problem is if you let that DeathStroke get away. Also doesn't help that with distance and near interactables its the most hellacious uphill battle since McCain vs Obama.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
In all seriousness jumping is a death sentence since it knocks you back further. I wouldn't bother turning on Venom cause you will be eating more damage when it runs out. I would turn on the Venom when you do get in though and wait for him to spam something unsafe on wakeup (most people see you activate venom and they panic). For sure this is a really annoying frustrating matchup

With all that said, Bane isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be, he's just a character that has really bad counterpicks. If NRS would balance his trait, he'd be golden. i think the mobility debuff for level 3 withdrawal is a bit excessive.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
With all that said, Bane isn't nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be, he's just a character that has really bad counterpicks. If NRS would balance his trait, he'd be golden. i think the mobility debuff for level 3 withdrawal is a bit excessive.
I used to main Bane. I don't have the patience to truly dedicate myself. Having said that, for people that do have the time and drive, I truly think Bane can end up a top 10 char in the right hands. I expect somebody at Evo to do damage w/Bane. I'm convinced people are hiding tech until then, he is a far superior Zangief, which is a great thing. Up close I truly think he is a monster, it's just a matter of people learning everyday more and more about the game on how to approach zoners

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Nori, what would you say if I told you Bane has quite a few secrets indeed, including one very particular stagger reset...?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I used to main Bane. I don't have the patience to truly dedicate myself. Having said that, for people that do have the time and drive, I truly think Bane can end up a top 10 char in the right hands. I expect somebody at Evo to do damage w/Bane. I'm convinced people are hiding tech until then, he is a far superior Zangief, which is a great thing. Up close I truly think he is a monster, it's just a matter of people learning everyday more and more about the game on how to approach zoners
I'm holding environment resets and a very nasty one in particular.

He's still bottom tier though. Too many faults that are obvious by now(speed, self nerfs, etc.) That compared to other characters just doesn't hold up. Not enough hard knockdowns which is what Bane thrives on and no way to take advantage of meter burned moves other than just more corner carry. If he isn't given some drastic buffs I don't see him being top tier, mid high is possible though,

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Nori, what would you say if I told you Bane has quite a few secrets indeed, including one very particular stagger reset...?
I've been saying ALL over the forums I KNOW people are hiding tech w/Evo around the corner lol. Naturally I'm curious as to what you found, cause as Bane players we need all the help we can get:(