What's new

Question What do you think about Bane vs Deathstroke?

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
I finished a session of about 30 matches online against Deathstroke, I must say it was terribly difficult to approach and fight against him, when I try to launch elments his bullets hit me.Bane moves with armor are a joke against Deathstroke, even super move..I think the roof stage is the hardest to fight against deathstroke.
I think bane is too slow and does not have tools for this matchup, I think it's 8-2 in favor of Deathstroke, What do you think ?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I thought level 3 venom charge still went through bullets, what happened to that?

I think Bane definitely wins up close, getting in is definitely a pain though.

Level 3 venom is basically required, since charge will be invulnerable to projectiles. If you score an enhanced one you're looking at 32%, and then you'll have the advantage on the oki game for that knockdown due to armored specials. When the venom runs dry though, you run a lot of risk staying in his face due to being debuffed in defense, and he'll probably get away again due to Bane being debuffed in speed. Really seems like most matches would end up with Bane trying to time the perfect level 3 enhanced charge, pressuring for 2-3 seconds, and then turtling for 9 seconds until you get venom back.

Seems like an uphill battle that is won solely by how well Bane can time his charge. All I can really think of is to duck projectiles as best you can while in the turtle phase, and don't always pop venom when it's immediately available, so that you can bait out a projectile by doing the input for charge first and then quickly mashing out venom stacks. I imagine that any matchup that requires level 3 venom is really unfavorable though.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You're ignoring that you take 50% more damage in the cool-down and if he hits you you're fucked. Also ignoring his trait which combined with your cooldown = you are FUCKED.

Bane has to use a really risky move that can be avoided and that you're using on read. He can jump and then shoot you in the back. Bane has it nice up close but DS is guaranteed to have meter by the time he gets in, so expect push blocks and armored counters.

You're ignoring that you take 50% more damage in the cool-down and if he hits you you're fucked. Also ignoring his trait which combined with your cooldown = you are FUCKED.

Bane has to use a really risky move that can be avoided and that you're using on read. He can jump and then shoot you in the back. Bane has it nice up close but DS is guaranteed to have meter by the time he gets in, so expect push blocks and armored counters.
Oh I know. But in a few rooms I've been in I've seen Strokes just gun it up and Bane players too afraid to even bust a move. Most Deathstroke players will adapt to that, so its more of who gets baited. Deathstroke's trait while bane in cooldown does = Gun Sodomy but as I said in the video the match can get out of hand unless you STAY in. Once he gets away its quite the pain to catch him, especially if you just went into cooldown. Not to mention intractable objects on certain stages can really fuck the bane over, provided the Deathstroke is in good position.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Oh I know. But in a few rooms I've been in I've seen Strokes just gun it up and Bane players too afraid to even bust a move. Most Deathstroke players will adapt to that, so its more of who gets baited. Deathstroke's trait while bane in cooldown does = Gun Sodomy but as I said in the video the match can get out of hand unless you STAY in. Once he gets away its quite the pain to catch him, especially if you just went into cooldown. Not to mention intractable objects on certain stages can really fuck the bane over, provided the Deathstroke is in good position.
That's just people abusing zoning against new players. Bane players gotta have balls but he does really well with his mix-ups and frame traps once he gets in.

I wonder if Bane has a good corner game. That could be his saving grace in this MU. Jumping isn't an option except on knockdown though.

The 2 characters I've had extensive problems with trying to overwhelm with Bane is Raven and Green Lantern. Since their zoning options are less linear and the players I've played online have seemed a bit more efficient with their zoning options and aren't going to do more than a few in succession.

I wonder if Bane has a good corner game. That could be his saving grace in this MU. Jumping isn't an option except on knockdown though.
He does have a pretty good corner game, but its kind of like Scorpion from MK9's level of commitment. You have to have it all planned out and string out all the pressure in a fluid manner. You can't think of what you're next move is upon next down. As you said about having balls, you have to be ALL-In.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Green Lantern's a piece of shit. I hate getting past all that shit and then LIFT. Really gets the salt flowing.

I haven't played any Ravens yet. :(

Error

DF2+R2
I thought level 3 venom charge still went through bullets, what happened to that?

I think Bane definitely wins up close, getting in is definitely a pain though.
I don't know, Bane's kind of slow up close.

Error

DF2+R2
He has frame-traps doesn't he? F2 becomes armored with Venom and I have no idea if he links block strings into command grab.

that body splash though
Isn't F2 super negative on block? unless you mean the overhead F2, D or his toe kick which is B2. I'll mess with it though.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Deathstroke is not that bad. The gun chips low but you can just try to walk them to the corner and make sure you punish the air spinny move. Basically if they try to just jump at you instead, 1x venom + d,b+L or d,b+M will put them in a bad position and you can pressure.

All the gunshot etc barrage crap going against Bane is like 33% of the cast at least.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly my friend plays a mean Ares and he gives us a lot of problems too. His jabs and his j.2 beat out a lot of our answers outside of read after read after read.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Green Lantern's a piece of shit. I hate getting past all that shit and then LIFT. Really gets the salt flowing.

I haven't played any Ravens yet. :(
I played @THTB's GL for a few hours today, and we determined it was probably a 5/5. Whoever guess correctly the most will win the match. Very good shit.

Raven is a whore. Ares is too...

Reactions: RYX