What's new

What Do You Consider Toxic In Fighting Games?

What Do You Consider Toxic In Fighting Games?

• Hitting opponent's dead body after round end

• Taunting

• Teabagging

• All of the above

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I'll push back on this slightly. What's described in the OP above isn't toxic, but that doesn't mean actual toxic behavior doesn't exist or occur online in fighting games.
Bigotry is intolerable, of course, but the fighting game community is, at least on the surface, much more inclusive than most subcultures. I'm sure Gllty and Ricki get a lot of garbage for being transgendered, but they're generally well respected members of the community because of how talented they are and how much value they add to the community.

The people who openly trash them, openly homosexual players like SonicFox, and the numerous ethnic players online and in tournaments usually tend to suck and go nowhere ultimately.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
not having a mute button
Gotta put yourself in a party.

But to reply to the topic, I can't stand getting randomly bagged after a well-fought match that literally came down to the wire and could have gone either way. There have been many times where I've complimented a player on-stream throughout the course of the match, end up losing a nail-biter in the final round, and get bagged to high heaven. It's like well, I take it all back bro. You're a dick.

Bagging on a magic pixel is not a good look in my opinion.

Last edited:

SINGH E

Noob
I used to find teabagging annoying at first, then usually I would beat them in the next round or game and do it back to them. Most of the guys just shut up and quit then, or I will move on. I don't really let it bother me anymore. It's a videogame at the end of the day and there are more pressing issues in life and in the world.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Iv straight up had to put myself in my own private party before getting on ranked because there is always that one guy with his shitty mumble rap bumped to 11, a screaming kid in the background, or something that sounds like a washing machine making love to a garbage disposal. Like god damn

Or what has already been said in this thread, the guy who takes forever on character select and stage select just to be a dick

Then there’s the salty racial slurs and angry guys. Apparently, every Inferno Scorpion player on ranked has slept with my mom, slept with my girlfriend, I also discovered that I am a homosexual and every racial slur in existence applies to me, I believe my opponents were able to notice these traits of mine due to me blocking B3 xx low minion, the sure sign of being a beta male

Lun

proud TERF!
Everyone saying "none of the above" like y'all don't get instinctively angry if you are losing and the opponent taunts you.

Last edited:

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Gotta put yourself in a party.

But to reply to the topic, I can't stand getting randomly bagged after a well-fought match that literally came down to the wire and could have gone either way. There have been many times where I've complimented a player on-stream throughout the course of the match, end up losing a nail-biter in the final round, and get bagged to high heaven. It's like well, I take it all back bro. You're a dick.

Bagging on a magic pixel is not a good look in my opinion.
Agreed! T bagging is always weak sauce but you should at least flawless someone or close to it in order to t bag. Close fought match have some damn respect

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
I voted for all but only because it all annoys me. Not toxic per se, as others have pointed out, but I find it so obnoxious I just had to vote it ;)

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
Toxic is just another word for "poison." One poison to one individual; may, or may not be a poison to another.

For instance: Some players perceive tea-bagging as "offensive;" which, in-turn would be a "toxic" act.

I think any perceived purposeful disrespect is "toxic." Tea-bagging is taunting, I find it toxic because it's an obvious act to try and humiliate the opponent.

I feel only lame people find tea-bagging a proper avenue though, it just doesn't hit hard enough and shows how low someone's standards/mind-set is for thinking they are funny doing some childish shit.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Teabagging sometimes works as a ghetto reset. If you’re playing someone who knows how your character ends combos and you just start tea bagging instead of doing your ender special, you might be able to just combo them again because they expected the ender and are dumbfounded that you were just teabagging mid combo
:DOGE

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Teabagging sometimes works as a ghetto reset. If you’re playing someone who knows how your character ends combos and you just start tea bagging instead of doing your ender special, you might be able to just combo them again because they expected the ender and are dumbfounded that you were just teabagging mid combo
NOT GHETTO RESET! Hahah! I'm so using that shit in mid match to test this theory :D

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Next level mind games right here.

Also want to note I think the 3 examples on the poll are more examples of BMing (Bad Manners) than anything else. It doesn't spread toxicity as much as it makes your opponent mad, I do it usually in hopes that they play worse.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
To me the only toxic thing in fighting games is teabagging / ridiculing opponents, who are clearly below your skill level. That's a total dick move. Oh, and obviously also insulting the opponent through PMs.

I think regular teabagging against equally skilled opponents can be a form of psychological warfare. If you do it against the right person, they'll get upset and could potentially end up playing worse.

Reactions: Lun

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, I asked the same question in a thread on the Soul Calibur Reddit and this was somebody's response....

Teabagging.

Taunting and the mindgames that come from it do have a place in the game. A bit of disrespect does work as a tool for some people and that’s fine.

Teabagging, however, is a representation of rape (or sexual harassment) and that is not ok regardless of anyone’s gender.

Yes I know, teabagging doesn’t hurt anyone by itself, but it does perpetuate the idea of rape as a means of exerting power over others, and the sooner we get rid of that the better.

WAIT WTF!?!? PC kid spotted and im NOT talking about the computer :DOGE

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Apparently, I asked the same question in a thread on the Soul Calibur Reddit and this was somebody's response....

Teabagging.

Taunting and the mindgames that come from it do have a place in the game. A bit of disrespect does work as a tool for some people and that’s fine.

Teabagging, however, is a representation of rape (or sexual harassment) and that is not ok regardless of anyone’s gender.

Yes I know, teabagging doesn’t hurt anyone by itself, but it does perpetuate the idea of rape as a means of exerting power over others, and the sooner we get rid of that the better.

WAIT WTF!?!? PC kid spotted and im NOT talking about the computer :DOGE
You're telling me I've been a criminal all this time and no one told me? To my dear battle buddy @STB Sgt Reed I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.