Votes: 94 44.5%
  • I hate him

Votes: 42 19.9%
  • I dont know what to think

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • LMAO

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters
I can't wait till Freddy comes out, and hopefully he's VERY broken. I'm getting bored of trolling people with Cyrax MK3 bomb trap online. I need someone new to troll with and Freddy would be PERFECT.

Jericho

The most complete fighter
I will be honest and put it simple: I main Ermac, but I tend to dabble with Kenshi and other characters and am willing to try other characters out. Even in my days of KOF (i know, old school, right?) I kept certain characters and tried everybody else out until I was comfortable with the team. With this, it's no different. I am keeping Ermac, no matter what. But I am willing to welcome any character to the cast because there's some kind of dangerous potential with them. Hell, if there's something interesting with them, they put that character in the game for a reason, right? I welcome Freddy with open arms (and a lot of no-doze). Besides, Baraka needs a friend to cheer him on in Rock Paper Scissors, right?

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
When they added Spawn, Link, Vader, Yoda etc. to Soul Caliber people ate it up. So why so much Freddy hate?? He is broken by the way, watch how many projectiles go right through him...

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Tom Brady is going to fucking hate him that's all I know. I doubt he'll cotinue playing sub if a top player masters Freddy.

GGA Max

Might sell the game and start using a shooter. I love mk, but they have no respect for the true fans by making the compatibility pack mandatory.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Might sell the game and start using a shooter. I love mk, but they have no respect for the true fans by making the compatibility pack mandatory.
On the contraire, I believe fans have no respect for MK if they quit the game because of a simple guest character. That's ridiculous and quite childish if you ask me. Kind of like "boohoo they didn't give me a crappy post-umk3 char so I quit". I believe they want to keep Fujin and Shinnok for a future game. Shinnok is obviously part of a sequel since you see him at the end of the story line. Fujin is post-Raiden and MK9 is based on the Raiden storyline so obviously it would be premature to put him in this game. I find Freddy fits the MK universe a lot better than any other guest they could have added. And for xbox players, don't download the compatibility pack if you like, but don't cry like a baby when some dude beats the shit out of your top-tier character in a tourney with Freddy because you didn't learn the matchup. (That is, if they allow him of course.)

Freddy made me enjoy gory things as a child when I was forced to watch his movies by my babysitting uncles (don't worry, I didn't grow up into a maniac or anything). It was a gateway to the first Mortal Kombat games for me which i started playing just a few years later. For those of us who grew up with the first Mortal Kombat games, chances are we grew up with Freddy Krueger too (both were pretty popular in the mid 90's). I bet most haters are just too young to have lived that era. I'm sure Ed Boon was greatly inspired by Freddy Krueger too when he got into the video game industry (it would explain all the gore), which is why he decided to make a MK character out of him. Now that he's associated with WB, it gave him the possibility to do it so he did. And for those of you comparing him to Bugs Bunny... I mean come on, for real? That's worse than comparing Liu Kang to the Karate Kid or the Mega Babies.

I bought a PS3 only to play MK9. Because it reminded me of the good ol' days. The good ol' days when we wrote moves on pieces of paper and exchanged em at school because we didn't have Internet. The good ol' days when we talked about Freddy movies because it got us so damn scared of going to sleep even tho it was ridiculous. I grew up with all this shit, so I gladly welcome Freddy Krueger to the MK universe. Not as a MK character, but as a decent, respectable GUEST.

Justice

Noob
On the contraire, I believe fans have no respect for MK if they quit the game because of a simple guest character. That's ridiculous and quite childish if you ask me. Kind of like "boohoo they didn't give me a crappy post-umk3 char so I quit". I believe they want to keep Fujin and Shinnok for a future game. Shinnok is obviously part of a sequel since you see him at the end of the story line. Fujin is post-Raiden and MK9 is based on the Raiden storyline so obviously it would be premature to put him in this game. I find Freddy fits the MK universe a lot better than any other guest they could have added. And for xbox players, don't download the compatibility pack if you like, but don't cry like a baby when some dude beats the shit out of your top-tier character in a tourney with Freddy because you didn't learn the matchup. (That is, if they allow him of course.)

Freddy made me enjoy gory things as a child when I was forced to watch his movies by my babysitting uncles (don't worry, I didn't grow up into a maniac or anything). It was a gateway to the first Mortal Kombat games for me which i started playing just a few years later. For those of us who grew up with the first Mortal Kombat games, chances are we grew up with Freddy Krueger too (both were pretty popular in the mid 90's). I bet most haters are just too young to have lived that era. I'm sure Ed Boon was greatly inspired by Freddy Krueger too when he got into the video game industry (it would explain all the gore), which is why he decided to make a MK character out of him. Now that he's associated with WB, it gave him the possibility to do it so he did. And for those of you comparing him to Bugs Bunny... I mean come on, for real? That's worse than comparing Liu Kang to the Karate Kid or the Mega Babies.

I bought a PS3 only to play MK9. Because it reminded me of the good ol' days. The good ol' days when we wrote moves on pieces of paper and exchanged em at school because we didn't have Internet. The good ol' days when we talked about Freddy movies because it got us so damn scared of going to sleep even tho it was ridiculous. I grew up with all this shit, so I gladly welcome Freddy Krueger to the MK universe. Not as a MK character, but as a decent, respectable GUEST.
This.

Also too guys, remember that money talks while BS walks. The gaming industry thrives on sales. Like they said in the bar biz, your regulars pay the rent, it's the walk-ins that buy your sportscar. This will mean a huge influx of Capitol for NRS which means more likelihood of DLC, better sequels, more fanservice. So what if it brings in thousands of "scrubs" who quit by the end of the weekend. Thank you! NRS has your money and we don't have to see you online!

Another thing, let's say 1000 people buy MK just for Freddy. If even 50 of those people stick around and become hardcore, there's 50 new sociopaths like us enjoying MK! People that for whatever reason didn't or wouldn't play before. Like has been mentioned in other threads, MK outsells every other fighting game out there but the fan response is all about the latest Capcom fighter. Why? People see the gimmicks and don't think it's a serious fighter.

So if Freddy can "con" a bunch of potential new players to MK, love him or hate him, I am glad to see him around.

And yes, I'll be downloading him only because he's a part of the discount pack. But I am a huge Freddy fan and think it's kool to have him around. I won't be using him as a serious character, but once in a while for fun to punish Shao Khan for the 10,000th Hammer Throw :'(

I believe you guys asked to.make the patchs mandatory. There is another thread on the forum crying about how "well i know y they can't on the 360.but that they aren't mandatory for the ps3 is bs" or something along those lines

GGA Max

Not as a MK character, but as a decent, respectable GUEST.
Expectations were too high for this to be respectable. Scarlet.. Kenshi.. Rain.. it was getting better and better. That's probably the reason many people are so upset is the huge let down (me included). I respect everyone's opinion, but if you have your hopes up for a character better than rain.. and you get a skinny 80's villain who knows nothing about hand to hand kombat, what do you expect?

I believe they made the pack mandatory because they know how unsuccessful this decision would be, (in terms of the regular dlc purchasers buying Freddy.)

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
A few of my friends have regained interest in this game because of Freddy. It saddens me on one level because Mk is a great game gimmicks aside, but they're just not interested in learning the nuts and bolts of it. Give them Freddy and, hey, MK's amazing when it wasn't before. Seriously, they still won't even play a game against me because losing is apparently this terrible thing they'll never be able to live down. Honestly, they'll all play each other but they stop playing or actively ban me from playing in a KOTH with them. I don't get it. Why does Freddy appeal to you more than actually getting good at the game?

Freddy's actually starting to annoy me when he didn't before, just because of this nonsense. It's like he's the new face of the game for casual players.

GGA Max

I believe you guys asked to.make the patchs mandatory. There is another thread on the forum crying about how "well i know y they can't on the 360.but that they aren't mandatory for the ps3 is bs" or something along those lines
Lol, they didn't do it for anyone BUT Freddy. It IS a little hypocritical on my part, but much more on NRS.

I personally love him.

I know for sure he's going to be beaten with a nerf bat, and right now he is glitched to annoyance.

However, I'm keeping him as a main. As a horror fan, I feel I have to. As a fighting gamer, I feel he has a lot of things that make him appeal to me.
Damage aside, he's pretty solid and he'll be a good tourney character down the line.

The Dude

Smokage
I'm glad the MK team put Freddy in, he's the man of his time and place. I hope Jason is added, I can remember in 93 when Kruegar's claw took his mask and it took 10 years for a damn movie. Which was perfect to a T. Great add to the series and the storyline putting him in game was quirky, even though it would have been better with a "choo choo choo hah hah hah".