Votes: 42 19.9%
  • I dont know what to think

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • LMAO

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Had mixed feelings at first, but after watching the video several times I can definitely say I'll be giving him a try.

blinky

Noob
I await the top 3 at Season's Beatings being Freddy/Freddy/Freddy

Naw for real this is the best guest character in a fighter since Link. I don't have any problems with this, and I'd much rather have someone new or at least surprising instead of yet another mediocre character from the post MK3 days

Tim Static

Adminerator
I await the top 3 at Season's Beatings being Freddy/Freddy/Freddy

Naw for real this is the best guest character in a fighter since Link. I don't have any problems with this, and I'd much rather have someone new or at least surprising instead of yet another mediocre character from the post MK3 days
exactly.

I thought it was Jason, which led me to believe that it would be a double DLC release. But there isnt much after Robo Homo, Fujin, Shinnok, Reiko, Havik & Bo Rai Cho that i wanted. its whatever.

Subby

Frost Warrior
At first I was raging, then....all of a sudden, I came to a conclusion. Of all....ALL the guest characters they could've put in here, I think they made the best decision. It will attract a lot of attention and fits the dark vibe of MK. Gonna watch the trailer again.

I'm gonna keep an open mind about this one. You all should too.

Creepy00

Noob
Well, atleast it upsets everyone equally
Who knows, Freedy might be good and fun to play. I ll try him :D
And there might be more dlc to come.

Mixed feelings:

1. Well it's true I love Freddy Krueger films.
2. He fits in the violent MK universe I guess...
3. But he looks dumb and not serious at all.
4. How can I even play this game seriously now? I'll just laugh every time I see Freddy.
5. Who's next? Bugs Bunny?
6. Well it could've been worse... (thinking about Ryu)
7. But it could've been better (Tanya, Frost, Tremor, Robo-Smoke or Shinnok...)
8. THE HELL WITH THIS!
9. Then again, he looks pretty badass... I might give him a try.
10. But I don't think I'll be buying this....

That's pretty much what keeps looping in my head since they revealed it. :(

Kwon

---->----
The only positive thing i see about this, is that i hope this marketing-stunt brings alot of income for NRS, so that they can focus on the more important characters and develop the game further.

They did a very fanpleasing job with Rain for example, keep doing what you're doing NRS and Ed!

Mixed feelings:

1. Well I love Freddy Krueger films.
2. He fits in the violent MK universe I guess...
3. But he looks dumb and not serious at all.
4. How can I even play this game seriously now? I'll just laugh every time I see Freddy.
5. Who's next? Bugs Bunny?
6. Well it could've been worse... (thinking about Ryu)
7. But it could've been better (Tanya, Frost, Tremor, Robo-Smoke or Shinnok...)
8. THE HELL WITH THIS!

That's pretty much what keeps looping in my head since they revealed it. :(
Kabal has pigtails. The god of thunder wears a straw hat. Kung lao throws his hat at people to hurt them.

FREDDY LOOKS DUMB ENOUGH TO NOT PLAY THE GAME????

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
I personally feel that it's ruined MK. Well it has for me..... But as you might expect there are players who are gonna love this..... But not for me....

It's kinda corny to put an old slasher villain in your game.

But when the last DLC is an effete ninja based on the guy who changed his name to
, it's not that big of a deal.

I love the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, and I love Robert Englund(not only for freddy but for other appearances as well)
But...I don't like the fact of him being in a fighting game, especially Mortal Kombat. Yeah, he does fit with the whole blood and gore concept, but it just feels uncomfortable.

He has,what looks to be like, high/low projectile game, along with a teleport. You know what that means...yup,TOP-TIER.
(no big surprise there, seeing as all of the DLC are, or at least close to, TT).
His Fatalities look neat. X-Ray could have been a little better. Overall fancy moves list/specials.

I wont be playing him, but I am forced to buy him.(NOT looking forward to ladder mode... :p)
They could have picked some old MK Kharacters, but what the hell...we don't know whats in store for the future.

I say good job on getting more players to pick up the game and open up a whole new world to them.
Let's just hope they continue releasing DLC for at LEAST another month.
I can understand why people are upset..but whats whining going to do about it?...NOTHING.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
What's going to be number 5??? Candyman, Damien from the Omen, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, Robocop... Terminator.... Pinhead from Hellraiser???

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
What's going to be number 5??? Candyman, Damien from the Omen, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, Robocop... Terminator.... Pinhead from Hellraiser???
We've already got got Pinhead and Terminator... I hope nobody quits the game because Quan Chi and Kano are in.

Kwon

---->----
Tbh, Kabal is like freddy with a football helmet and pigtails. his skin looks exactly the same lol.
Kabal i can stand! :D

Adding guest-characters that doesnt belong (even though they are from horrormovies) is like adding Lil Wayne to the MK-universe.

So far there are more "like him"s than anything. What you guys think about that? You can view the poll results by clicking on "view poll results".

Eight

I am the salt
Garbage, imo. I will certainly not be buying this dlc.

Smart business move, sure, but doesn't make it any less ridiculous (in a bad way).