What's new

Discussion What characters deserve a few buffs?

What Kombatants would you like to see buffed in next upcomming patch?

• Triborg - Cyrax,CSZ

• Jacqui Briggs -High Tech

• Bo Rai Cho

• Tanya -Dragon Nag.

• Raiden - MOS

• Kung Lao - Hat Trick

• Scorpion - Inferno

• Sub Zero - Unbreakable

• Liu Kang - Dualist

• Tremor - ?

• Johnny Cage - Fisticuffs

• D'Vorah - Brood Mother

• Reptile -Noxious

• Ferra Torr - Vicious

• Kano - Cybernetic

• Shinnok - Necromancer

• Jason - ?

• Kenshi - Balanced/other specify

• Sonya - Special Forces

• Kitana - Mournful/Assassin

• Mileena - Ethereal/Ravenous

• Takeda - Lasher

• Cassie - Spec Ops

• Kung Jin - Ancestral

• Goro ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Noob
Outlaw isn't shit, wth?
He hardly has any tools to work with now. With most tick throws gone , chip reduction and ex sand push back, his pressure is a joke. He has like 0 options now with 21122 block pressure. I don't even count the 21 tick throw because it's so easy to just neutral duck it. After ex-sand he is very limited in what he can do. Run in try 21122, low poke out, can try F22 but it's a slow mid and low reward (+1 on block?), D4/jump in punch/F1 that won't always work. Can stay in neutral and try to bait sethjng but you risk getting zoned out. His Oki is still decent but it's like Gunslinger can do everything better than outlaw now. Not mention almost all of Outlaw specific moves are useless aside from stab and sand. I'm surprised they didn't buff F3 4+2 yet as it scales like crazy and would make for an excellent brutality. :DOGE

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Yes buff vicious please they definitely need it:DOGE
is that genuine? I can't tell for real, at my tournament's, they don't use FT, its all, Mileena, Alien, Johnny, D'Vorah, Kano, Takeda, Sonya, Jax, Ermac, Cassie, Kung Jin, Shinnok, Sub Zero, Reptile, Liu Kang, Kotal Khan, Jacqui Briggs, Predator, Quan Chi. my tournaments version of top tiers to A's. I think there was a few, FT's, and Scorpion, Tremor, Erron Black, Goro, Kung Lao, Jason, Leatherface, Kitana's but they all got knocked out very quick. Don't know what TYM's is, but I haven't seen one thrive to be honest.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Remember people I only removed SOME of the ones that obviously didn't need buffs, not all of them.
thank you, just so i know can you pm me who all was removed and who i should add in there place? im sure you know what to add and that you are current with this croud. i am more of a lurker on here. i have a few sites, but have always been interested in this one.

then i can allow change of votes once
If I thought they needed replaced I would've added them myself lol
I don't get why Mileena is on the list, her variations are all good.
The same goes to Sonya, Takeda, Cassie, Reptile, F/T, D'Vorah and Kano, these characters don't have ''bad'' variations, they are all good and viable. They don't need any ''buffs.''
Also why Assassin Kitana? It's probably her best variation now lol.
I mean Special Forces is ok but could be better, like for example they could've reduced the recovery on her park drone to make it worth using as a move or decreased the recovery on her B2 to open up more combo opportunities.
Vicious isn't really worth picking in many matchups at this point, why bother when you have Ruthless and Lackey? They don't need to spend as much meter as Vicious does and its command grab is slower and all it gets is BF4 really.
Brood Mother is ok, better than Venomous at least, but it's pretty meter heavy and to get the most from 1 bar combos relies on super tight sometimes spacing dependent links.
Cybernetic could do with a damage buff to be honest, it sees extremely little play now since it actually got nerfed. The only buff it got was overhead ball but it's not good enough. Commando's better than it at this point.
Some people consider Kitana the worst character in the game *shrugs*
He hardly has any tools to work with now. With the tick throw gone, chip reduction and ex sand push back, his pressure is a joke. He has like 0 options now with 21122 block pressure. I don't even count the 21 tick throw because it's so easy to just neutral duck it. After ex-sand he is very limited in what he can do. Run in try 21122, low poke out, can try F22 but it's a slow mid and low reward (+1 on block?), D4/jump in punch/F3 that won't always work. Can stay in neutral and try to bait sethjng but you risk getting zoned out. His Oki is still decent but it's like Gunslinger can do everything better than outlaw now. Not mention almost all of Outlaw specific moves are useless aside from stab and sand. I'm surprised they didn't buff F3 4+2 yet as it scales like crazy and would make for an excellent brutality. :DOGE
Look you're known for being quite the Erron downplayer so rather than arguing with you by explaining why you're wrong and clearly looking at the variation wrong I'm just going to avoid the argument altogether. I mean some of the things you're saying are just blatant attempts at downplaying.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
He hardly has any tools to work with now. With the tick throw gone, chip reduction and ex sand push back, his pressure is a joke. He has like 0 options now with 21122 block pressure. I don't even count the 21 tick throw because it's so easy to just neutral duck it. After ex-sand he is very limited in what he can do. Run in try 21122, low poke out, can try F22 but it's a slow mid and low reward (+1 on block?), D4/jump in punch/F1 that won't always work. Can stay in neutral and try to bait sethjng but you risk getting zoned out. His Oki is still decent but it's like Gunslinger can do everything better than outlaw now. Not mention almost all of Outlaw specific moves are useless aside from stab and sand. I'm surprised they didn't buff F3 4+2 yet as it scales like crazy and would make for an excellent brutality. :DOGE
hey @SonicFox5000 @REO, I'm almost positive this post above is misinformation but id rather have the best decide that.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Remember people I only removed SOME of the ones that obviously didn't need buffs, not all of them.

well thank you for your help :) best mod ever. damn you made it so easy to post a thread, wanna sticky it? :rolleyes: BTW i added Goro, add the Variation or remove him altogether, I am down with whatever you feel is best.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

I mean Special Forces is ok but could be better, like for example they could've reduced the recovery on her park drone to make it worth using as a move or decreased the recovery on her B2 to open up more combo opportunities.
Vicious isn't really worth picking in many matchups at this point, why bother when you have Ruthless and Lackey? They don't need to spend as much meter as Vicious does and its command grab is slower and all it gets is BF4 really.
Brood Mother is ok, better than Venomous at least, but it's pretty meter heavy and to get the most from 1 bar combos relies on super tight sometimes spacing dependent links.
Cybernetic could do with a damage buff to be honest, it sees extremely little play now since it actually got nerfed. The only buff it got was overhead ball but it's not good enough. Commando's better than it at this point.

Look you're known for being quite the Erron downplayer so rather than arguing with you by explaining why you're wrong and clearly looking at the variation wrong I'm just going to avoid the argument altogether. I mean some of the things you're saying are just blatant attempts at downplaying.
While you're right about vicious it's not a bad variation after all. F/T is a super solid character with all variations.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
i had her on the list because 3 of the best players said the only version you should use was Piercing, that Ravenous and Ethereal are not needed with the main one around.

Saltface was the most popular to say this, and Sonic and reo stated this as well in a thread on this site.
I mean they are all viable and good variations but I believe they meant that if you only want to ''win'' then just go to Piercing, there's not point on picking her other variations if Piercing (is broken) cover all her MU's very well, that's true and I agree with that.
But that doesn't mean the other variations are bad or need ''buffs'' you know?

Last edited:

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I'm not really sure why ethereal and ravenous are on here since they're both really solid but fuck it if you guys want to get mileena buffed who am I to stop you from doing that

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
I'm not really sure why ethereal and ravenous are on here since they're both really solid but fuck it if you guys want to get mileena buffed who am I to stop you from doing that
I use alot of characters, and Mileena is one of my favs, i would love to use Ravenous more and see it in tournaments more. as well as Mournful, MOS, hat trick and unbreakable. Triborg too

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
well thank you for your help :) best mod ever. damn you made it so easy to post a thread, wanna sticky it? :rolleyes: BTW i added Goro, add the Variation or remove him altogether, I am down with whatever you feel is best.
There's no reason for this thread to be stickied...
While you're right about vicious it's not a bad variation after all. F/T is a super solid character with all variations.
Yeah not saying it's bad, Ruthless and Lackey are just better.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Opps too bad everyone got nerfed first, and there is already threads for nerf every character. I bet everyone just picks there one main, and thats it, noone shows love for any other charcater but there own. my predictions are looking true. count how many viewed/posted/voted and see how many voted 10. more like 1 per vote. cept a few. @Apex Kano

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
Id add smokeborg, hes not nearly as strong a variation as most other characters variations left off the list. With lack of armor, holes everywhere, hitbox issues on b21, and a relatively heavy reliance on a mediocre vortex. Id like to see some frame data tweaks and/or a damage scaling rework. Hes just not viable against alot of the top tier characters as is.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Why is Brood Mother on this list instead of Venomous?

Tremor needs some buffs. Chill the fuck out on the damage scaling for OTG, it scales way too much. Like who the fuck will waste a bar for 2% extra damage unless it will kill.
The idea of that change was that if you want to extend Tremor's damage in a combo, you have to do it, y'know, during the combo?

Noob

Oh ok so now that I wrote why I THINK outlaw is shit, it's downplaying?...

opinion != downplaying

All the stuff I post about is Erron is what I genuinely believe except once in a while I'll post some #bufferron stuff but that's just all jokes. And yes I do genuinely believe outlaw is shit except in some match ups and like you said it could be I'm looking at the variation wrong. And if I am looking at it wrong instead of accusing me as an Erron downplayer you could of told me how Outlaw is supposed to be played now so I can play better with him and rethink my opinion of him.

And I was actually trying to figure out the new outlaw and even suggested F22 after ex-sand could maybe be viable. You'd think if I was downplaying I would not be doing that. But I tried everything with outlaw and Gunslinger does everything better now.

Noob
Upward EX stone punch, if you need it.

It's not like Tremor's damage output is below average by any metric anyway.
My bad lol I meant his rock shower. Yea Tremor damage is still good. Like Crystalline can survive because he got the ex low shatter and flex but After shock suffered a lot with no compensation.