What's new

Discussion What characters deserve a few buffs?

What Kombatants would you like to see buffed in next upcomming patch?

• Triborg - Cyrax,CSZ

• Jacqui Briggs -High Tech

• Bo Rai Cho

• Tanya -Dragon Nag.

• Raiden - MOS

• Kung Lao - Hat Trick

• Scorpion - Inferno

• Sub Zero - Unbreakable

• Liu Kang - Dualist

• Tremor - ?

• Johnny Cage - Fisticuffs

• D'Vorah - Brood Mother

• Reptile -Noxious

• Ferra Torr - Vicious

• Kano - Cybernetic

• Shinnok - Necromancer

• Jason - ?

• Kenshi - Balanced/other specify

• Sonya - Special Forces

• Kitana - Mournful/Assassin

• Mileena - Ethereal/Ravenous

• Takeda - Lasher

• Cassie - Spec Ops

• Kung Jin - Ancestral

• Goro ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
I am curious to know who the community thinks needs buffs, we have had enough nerf threads, lets see who should get buffed or small adjustments for the betterment of the character. I know I am asking a lot, but keep it clean, if you disagree let it be known in the poll and make your arguments logical and polite if possible.

• there are no rules you can choose up to ten, so try to pick at least 10. Limit of 10 per person! They are locked in. Only one chance to vote. There will be no changing of your votes, so choose wise. No one can view before they vote.
  • Obviously I can not have every variation so decide based on worst variation for each character listed.
  • Give your reasons why below.

Last edited:

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Most of the variations listed have been touched in some form or another, but when's the last time NRS touched Ancestral? Do they even remember it exists?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I picked:

Cyrax

Cyber Sub Zero

Tanya -

Master Of Storms - i would love to use him competatively.
Hat Trick - needs some love, for real, he is pretty bad.
- needs some faster startup on Aura or more hit advantage or better on block advantage.
- Needs better cancel off Light charge or better dark soul balls recovery and startup or timing on them and bigger hit radius.
- needs to be more relevant.
Kitana -
needs better meterless damage
Mileena -
needs better pounce and better block advantage with unique moves and strings

because i would love to see all of them Adjusted, made viable or have small buffs, to make those variants more relevant, many of these got the hammer from other variations being nerfed, and it was unjust nerfs that hurt the lower tier variations.

Last edited:

Noob
Why isn't Erron the list? Outlaw is shit now.

Tremor needs some buffs. Chill the fuck out on the damage scaling for OTG, it scales way too much. Like who the fuck will waste a bar for 2% extra damage unless it will kill. Or at least make it startup faster if you ain't going to change it so that we can use it in the neutral. And his fucking up rock, chill the fuck out on the recovery for that as well. Reduce it please.

Erron outlaw. Make his variation specific moves useful? His F3 2+4 scales wayyyyyy to much. Increase F3 hit advantage, it's like +1 lol... Give his 21122 tick throws back (lol like that will happen). Shorten outlaws B211 recovery so it is usable in combos. Make 1 a mid :DOGE

Last edited:

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Ok I removed some characters that are obviously not in need of buffs to avoid useless arguments.

I would suggest you lab Warrior more because that's direly wrong.
thank you, just so i know can you pm me who all was removed and who i should add in there place? im sure you know what to add and that you are current with this croud. i am more of a lurker on here. i have a few sites, but have always been interested in this one.

then i can allow change of votes once

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
I don't get why Mileena is on the list, her variations are all good.
The same goes to Sonya, Takeda, Cassie, Reptile, F/T, D'Vorah and Kano, these characters don't have ''bad'' variations, they are all good and viable. They don't need any ''buffs.''
Also why Assassin Kitana? It's probably her best variation now lol.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
I don't get why Mileena is on the list, her variations are all good.
The same goes to Sonya, Takeda, Cassie, Reptile, F/T, D'Vorah and Kano, these characters don't have ''bad'' variations, they are all good and viable. They don't need any ''buffs.''
Also why Assassin Kitana? It's probably her best variation now lol.
i had her on the list because 3 of the best players said the only version you should use was Piercing, that Ravenous and Ethereal are not needed with the main one around.

Saltface was the most popular to say this, and Sonic and reo stated this as well in a thread on this site.

am i correct @Youphemism ? or should i retract that one? would you agree that Mileenas other two variations could see some love to make them more viable in tournament play?