What's new

what character do you think will be the least played?

Gryfen Z

Game store guy
Nah, plenty of comics fans will this game and we/they bloody love Aquaman, he's such a badass now he's unbelievable, he bodied most of the Justice League recently.
I'll give you that Aquaman in his latest iteration is a bit more popular/viable as a superhero. Trouble is, whenever someone says "Aquaman" out loud, this gif starts playing on a loop in my head:

If I'm thinking it, some
one else has to be too. I mean, look at that.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
If I'm thinking it, someone else has to be too. I mean, look at that.

It's the same for everyone, but in terms of least played, it isn't going to be him, his moves are too good to pass up and comic fans will play him. I don't think it will be the same for Hawkgirl.

I would've guessed Sex Luthor but as he's in the demo I suspect some people might 1st day main online with him.

Gryfen Z

Game store guy
It's the same for everyone, but in terms of least played, it isn't going to be him, his moves are too good to pass up and comic fans will play him. .
You might be right about that much. If he's a solid fighter in this game, he'll get used no matter how many flying fish he lassos together.

...dammit. That gif is stuck in my head again.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
It's stuck in all our heads. Forever.

Obviously there will be Batman mainers, but with the demo I see an influx of Lex and WW mainers, day one at least. Whoever you can get an advantage with.
I'll be one of those Lex Luthor players.
Unless I hate him- but I probably won't- I enjoy his likeness, and persona- now all I need to do is like his gameplay- which I think I'll be capable of.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
There are a lot of things that can make characters unpopular, take MK9 for example.

Lack of popularity: Nightwolf.
Low on the tier lists: Sheeva.
Hard to use: Shang Tsung.

When it comes to popularity you guys are thinking too small, casuals aren't going to remember one or two appearances on an old show or video game.

Superman and Batman will be like Scorpion and Sub-zero in MK9, super popular in the first month or two, then seen less but still often in the rest of the game career. Unless one of them is broken.

So far everyone seems awesome, I think the ultimate deciding factor in this game will be how good the character is compared to others.

If NRS succeeds in making this game completely balanced with no shit characters or extremely good characters then we might see everyone sort of equally.

And i'm more than sure people will still try out characters they know nothing about, and if they like them they'll probably look them up to learn.

If I had to pick someone though I guess Nightwing, he seems a bit more complicated than most of the cast(like a simplified Gen from SF4), and he isn't super well known outside of the comics(I doubt most casuals will know that he was Robin).

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
It's a tough call, having not seen two of the 24's gameplay.

Of those 22 that we've seen, Hawkgirl and Bane have shown very little so I'm naturally inclined to lean toward them. Bane has the batman villain/movie appearance counterfactor, though.

Hawkgirl, from what we've seen, has a rather non-flashy playstyle that might appeal to hardcore players who can see the advantages of her mobility, but that will be lost on a good chunk of the playerbase.

Doomsday looks great to me, but I can see why he wouldn't be appealing to a lot of players either.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Just you wait until Hawkgirl gets her Justice League outfit as alt. You'll see her, I guarantee.

injustice Hoz

Hozzy Boy Sr.
i think hawkgirl will be played a lot because she basically the only one that can actually fly around the screen making her unique.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
I guess Grundy will be least picked character. Bane will be used a lot first days due to his fan-base but when he turns out to be shit tier which I'm sure he will be, he will join Grundy.
Catwoman I expect her to be a high fave. and how is Hawkgirl unpopular??!!

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
i think he means the one where he jumps and falls like a meteor.
If that is so, then you wouldn't need to counter it. Moves like that are always neutral or negative on block. If the Doomsday is using it to bait an anti-air you can always read him and then do nothing, so that he'll whiff and you'll get a full punish.
I guess Grundy will be least picked character. Bane will be used a lot first days due to his fan-base but when he turns out to be shit tier which I'm sure he will be, he will join Grundy.
Catwoman I expect her to be a high fave. and how is Hawkgirl unpopular??!!
How are you "sure" Bane will be shit tier when you know nothing about him? I doubt you even know what his trait is, if you're calling him shit-tier

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Because it's obvious he'll be one of the most popular characters, it can't even be debated considering streams and overall hype surrounding him.

Also day 1 unblockables = a good day for record building :cool:
im not so sure , he will be pure zoner so ....

look at mk , almost no one uses freddy , noob , sindel .... He might be popular when the game will be released but i think when ppl realize how he plays they will drop him :p

RYX

BIG PUSHER
im not so sure , he will be pure zoner so ....

look at mk , almost no one uses freddy , noob , sindel .... He might be popular when the game will be released but i think when ppl realize how he plays they will drop him :p
I disagree; he has some very hybrid like qualities, and unless frame data turns out shit he's got some decent CQC with the low/overhead mixup potential

Kenshi, so zoning in this game isn't close to irrelevant.

Just to clear this up, Aquamans monthly comic is like a top 10 best seller every month. He's more popular now than i ever remember him being. And he looks boss in this game so i doubt he'll be least played.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
If that is so, then you wouldn't need to counter it. Moves like that are always neutral or negative on block. If the Doomsday is using it to bait an anti-air you can always read him and then do nothing, so that he'll whiff and you'll get a full punish.
People compare that move largely to Sheeva's stomp move, which is unblockable. So it'd be dash out of the way and punish on recovery for the full combo, instead. Either way, I don't reckon it's something to be feared .

Darren

Noob
Usually the big guys are the least popular unless they turn up in top tier so I am going with them even though Luthor is one of my mains.