What's new

what character do you think will be the least played?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
My money for least played goes to Lex Luthor, Harley and Bane. Until Bane gets a DKR costume... Then he'll be one of the most played.

I'll give you that Aquaman in his latest iteration is a bit more popular/viable as a superhero. Trouble is, whenever someone says "Aquaman" out loud, this gif starts playing on a loop in my head:

If I'm thinking it, someone else has to be too. I mean, look at that.
<3

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
If that is so, then you wouldn't need to counter it. Moves like that are always neutral or negative on block. If the Doomsday is using it to bait an anti-air you can always read him and then do nothing, so that he'll whiff and you'll get a full punish.
Most likely it'll be unblockable like Sheeva's stomp. And it'd be good if it was controlable too.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
People compare that move largely to Sheeva's stomp move, which is unblockable. So it'd be dash out of the way and punish on recovery for the full combo, instead. Either way, I don't reckon it's something to be feared .
I'm terrified of Doomsday, not because of his meteor jump, but because of his multiple dash attacks. Getting out of melee range is going to be so difficult for so many zone characters.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I'm terrified of Doomsday, not because of his meteor jump, but because of his multiple dash attacks. Getting out of melee range is going to be so difficult for so many zone characters.
Maybe, but the game is back to block so a dash attack may put him in melee range but it shouldn't hit if you're already backing up. I guess it all depends on how safe his dash moves are.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Maybe, but the game is back to block so a dash attack may put him in melee range but it shouldn't hit if you're already backing up. I guess it all depends on how safe his dash moves are.
I agree, but the problem is meter gain and amount. 4 bars and no breakers to spend it on means it will be much harder to predict when an attack is safe to punish. We've consistently seen fights in which a player blocks an attack, only to stop blocking when they think its safe to counter and get punished by a late meter burn extension of the attack.

We haven't seen much of Doomsday, but we do know his dashes are metered into combo dashes.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm scared of Doomsday, too. Heck, I'm very interested in subbing him. Will have to see more.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I doubt it. It would be a bullshit move, since you can do it from a jump. NRS isn't going to make a move so blatantly overpowered.
If we're talking about this move

than it should definitely have Sheeva's stomp properties. And no way it can be done from air, there's no logic.

Tiago7

Noob
Since i saw Harley Queen gameplay i enjoy the way she plays if she will be bottom tier we don t know but i will still pick her and make her top tier

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I heard someone say it could be used to bait jump-in so I assumed it could be used off of a jump, guess I was wrong.
Either way, if NRS knows anything about balance, that won't be unblockable. If it is, Doomsday will have will have easy, guaranteed, BS set-ups. Even in the clip you posted, we see it connect before Shazam can even fully recover and do anything, so that better not be unblockable.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I Know A Guy online who plans to use Batman Joker And Bane(He isn't really a dc fan but a fighting game fan so go figure)and just the mention of bane got him adding that character to his play list simply because of Dark Knight Rises

Unfortunately he's getting it on The Wiiu...
I don't even know how Bane is popular from that... he was terrible in that movie IMO.