What's new

what are your favorite MK9 kombo(s)?

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Thanks for the props guys, means a lot. I can name a lot in this thread, but don't have time to do it right this second because I am heading out to dinner. I will make a proper post for this thread when I return. There are soooo many epic combos that are not really spoken of anymore because they were posted a while back. I will definitely be calling out some of those and giving props all over the place.

Gonna have to add that Kratos 73% midscreen to the list. Good lord.

To anyone that wants a challenge. Try it out. If you land it. You got serious talent.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Ok guys, now I have time to make a proper post in this thread. This will be more of a post of my favorite MK9 combo videos rather than my favorite single combos. If I have to choose one combo video that is my favorite out of my own work, it would be one of two videos, and both of these videos took longer to make than any other video I have done.

Either this video, which is called Ultimate Kombo Exhibition: All Star Edition and is nearly 20 minutes long, featuring 19 characters doing back and forth brutal combos exhibition style, and the hardest part about making this video was me playing every character myself. I would have to switch controllers during gameplay and keep the characters going. Not an easy task at all.

Or this video of mine which is called "Flawless Victory" Tag & Reset Combo Compilation. This video is nearly 15 minutes long and features many tag and reset combos that have never before been seen, and some of the combos use concepts discovered by Tony-T, Check, ETC McFly, Jap, Doctrine Dark, Lord of the Fly and others. I have been told by Tony-T and many others that this is definitely the best combo video I have ever released.

If I had to chose my favorite combo video by someone other than myself, First and foremost I would be looking at the work of Check and TONY-T in their video "Death Is Certain". This video is pure epicness. These 2 came together and put out one of the best MK9 videos to date.

When it comes to these guys individually, Check has put out the highest damage combos for pretty much every character time and time again. Tony-T has made Cyrax what he is today.

GamerBlake90 has great work when it comes to combos, and its hard to choose 1 video, but if I had to choose, it would be this Raiden combo video.

ETC Mcfly has made Kung Lao what he is today, he has some amazing stuff, this video by him is one of my favorites.

DoctrineDark has insane work as well, and one of my favorites by him is this video.

JAP is a Shang Tsung master, I have always loved his work on Shang. This is my favorite video from him.

InFlames is a Noob master. This is his latest video and definitely one of my favorites of his.

Lastly, just want to give a big thanks to everyone who takes the time to make MK9 videos, you guys are a huge part of this community and without you, a lot of people would not be as skilled as they are today.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Scorpion (opponent in corner)

Crossover jip f21~ExTP B2 JK~TP JK~ExTP xx 11~spear crossover jip f21~ExTP xx f34~Takedown.

65%, 3 Bars...and more importantly...SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

NOTE:I do not know who is in this video lol. Its the only demonstration of this combo I could find without going on an all out seach.

Check

You should be happy to know that I actually pulled this off in an online match like a week ago. :)

Also, Sorry for not posting your vid of this combo...I can't find it anymore. :(

Scorpion (opponent in corner)

Crossover jip f21~ExTP B2 JK~TP JK~ExTP xx 11~spear crossover jip f21~ExTP xx f34~Takedown.

65%, 3 Bars...and more importantly...SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

NOTE:I do not know who is in this video lol. Its the only demonstration of this combo I could find without going on an all out seach.

Check

You should be happy to know that I actually pulled this off in an online match like a week ago. :)

Also, Sorry for not posting your vid of this combo...I can't find it anymore. :(
good job man.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Raiden
B2 F1 ex shocker, F2 vicinity blast jk superman

Kung Lao Corner
2 4 spin Njp spin 2 4 spin spin
Cross-up Jip Tele 4 D1 spin Jk Dk, Jk tele 3, 2 4 1+3

Sektor
Jip B2 telepunch, B2 1, B3 4 Ex telepunch, B2 flame thrower
Jip 1 2 B1, F4, Jk Telepunch, B3 4 Ex telepunch, B2 Flamethrower

Reptile Corner
Jip 321 whiff dash, Njp, 4 Ex acid hand, 321 fast force ball, 321 slide

Jax
B1 2 4, 1 2, 1 2 3 dash punch, D1 ex gotcha grab

I want to say I made up all of these aside from the sektor ones. Not sure if I was the first one to do them, but I didn't steal 'em.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile's NJP combo. It's the only one I used to do without looking at the screen, in another room, on a 360 pad.