What's new

What Are You Excited About In Pokemon X and Y?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I got both the water and fire starter on y with venasaur. I will update the update the op with friend codes and what not latrr tonight.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If anyone needs the Grass starter (which I got...Chesnaught is officially my favorite Pokemon, period...fuck a Toxicroak)...I'm catching Dittos for breeding and should be able to get some out pretty soon.

THTB

Yeah, I got a shit ton of Chespin now, trying to breed for a female (ugh, fuck Game Freak's desire to make starters have low female turnouts). The ones I'm trading are males, so if you don't care about the gender, I'll be willing to trade them for whatever lol.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Yeah, I got a shit ton of Chespin now, trying to breed for a female (ugh, fuck Game Freak's desire to make starters have low female turnouts). The ones I'm trading are males, so if you don't care about the gender, I'll be willing to trade them for whatever lol.
I want a Chespin. 3179-7080-0755

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I just got to the pokemon breeder.... I have charmander and Frokie on Y.
Shit, I gotta post dat friend code!!! lmao.

btw... i'm not in any shape a competitor in this game.... I'm just happy to play and catch them.

THTB

No problem lol.

I'm gonna be doing a lot of breeding and training this generation, since it's actually not nearly as time consuming to train everything this time around. So I'll be giving away a bunch of random shit I don't want, or just making extra eggs.

THTB

Did anyone experience this?
Fortunately, no.

Btw, what's everyone's first impressions with the Pokemon (from a competitive POV)?

The main Pokemon I've been looking at is Aegislash. This thing is beautiful. Stance Change to go from 150/150/60 offense to 60/150/150 Steel/Ghost defenses and back, a variant of protect that fucks over physical sweepers, and has really nice neutral coverage from its STAB alone (I think Houndoom is one of the few things to actually wall that combo).

But overall, the BSTs on everything is low, but oddly enough, everything is good because the stuff they have is ridiculous. Like Noivern having a 140BP, 100 acc special Normal with zero drawbacks, or Hawlucha being a Fighting/Flying type with Unburden and 110 base Spe.

Error

DF2+R2
I'm just happy I got me a shiny Giratina and my Alakazam is almost level 100. Will have to do until I can get Y.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Fortunately, no.

Btw, what's everyone's first impressions with the Pokemon (from a competitive POV)?

The main Pokemon I've been looking at is Aegislash. This thing is beautiful. Stance Change to go from 150/150/60 offense to 60/150/150 Steel/Ghost defenses and back, a variant of protect that fucks over physical sweepers, and has really nice neutral coverage from its STAB alone (I think Houndoom is one of the few things to actually wall that combo).

But overall, the BSTs on everything is low, but oddly enough, everything is good because the stuff they have is ridiculous. Like Noivern having a 140BP, 100 acc special Normal with zero drawbacks, or Hawlucha being a Fighting/Flying type with Unburden and 110 base Spe.
doesn't hawlucha have an attack that is also a flying/fighting type.....

THTB

doesn't hawlucha have an attack that is also a flying/fighting type.....
I think so.

Greninja is probably the best starter, too. The damn thing has Spikes AND Rapid Spin, alongside having Pursuit. This makes him very good at dropping hazards, getting rid of them, and shutting down spinblockers.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Fortunately, no.

wtf man, why is that poke so good???

anyways, i aint buying no 2ds just for y

did that shit with the ds lite

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think so.

Greninja is probably the best starter, too. The damn thing has Spikes AND Rapid Spin, alongside having Pursuit. This makes him very good at dropping hazards, getting rid of them, and shutting down spinblockers.
how is his defense though

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's not that great...like 70s for everything. He has 120 speed, though, so that helps him out.
so basically as a tank he gets one rapid spin and one spike round.

id pair him with a defensive item or a rocky helm, he should be doing like 16% per hit and could be useful to wear down a physical attacker than needs 2 hits for him

I had Dragon Ball when I was a kid. Pokemon was not really from my generation and I didn't care much about the show on TV. But I still played Pokemon yellow on the Gameboy color just because I liked RPGs and I always liked the idea of collecting/training creatures. Which is also why I loved Monster Rancher and Jade Cocoon for PS1. :)

I might get this game just because I haven't played a game like that in a while.

THTB

so basically as a tank he gets one rapid spin and one spike round.

id pair him with a defensive item or a rocky helm, he should be doing like 16% per hit and could be useful to wear down a physical attacker than needs 2 hits for him
Depends on who he comes in on, and how often you switch him in at the right times.