What's new

What are the chances we see other Cyborgs with Frost in MK11?

Will the Tekunin rise with familiar Cyborgs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Triborg would work horribly in MK11 actually. Can you imagine the clusterfuck that would be mixing and matching their moves? He would end up being a MKA KAK level character. Triborg was a character made for MKX and MKX only I think.
I think it would be pretty easy. They could just do it like they did with TMNT in Injustice 2. They had had a whole heap of "Donatello only" or "Leonardo" moves. Couple that with a handful of generic moves and it would work well.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
If Frost becomes a cyber ninja, I hope she won't have any copy/paste abilities from the other cyber ninjas. One of my main issues with her in MKDA was that she felt like a female Sub-Zero, as her moves were slightly altered versions of Subbie's old moves. I want her to be UNIQUE! I want her to be her OWN character with her OWN moves! Sharing a power with one of the most iconic characters of the franchise puts her in the spotlight, and just giving her moves of other characters is not the way to make her interesting.

Making her a cyber ninja to make her the first female cyber ninja could prove interesting though, as long they don't do it JUST to have a female cyber ninja.

Sorry about my little rant here, but the reason I'm doing so is because I truly wish for Frost to become an interesting and original character, because so far she is anything but, imo. However, I felt the same about Jacqui, and she actually surprised me in MK11, so I'm hopeful and open-minded. ^^

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I really want Cyrax and Sektor but I know we're not getting them, unless they decide to add Triborg which won't happen...
Cyrax never enjoyed being Cyborg, he sacrificed himself so Sub-0 could reform the linkuei his story is pretty much done at this point.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
If Frost becomes a cyber ninja, I hope she won't have any copy/paste abilities from the other cyber ninjas.
Oh boy, you better prepare yourself for disappointment. I'd bet any sum of money we're going to get reused moves for her. Most likely lots of Cyber Sub-Zero moves. If she is the lone cyborg rep, it may even be more than that.

Also, these ads are on point now. They know what's up.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I think we'll see Sektor again, either in the story mode or as DLC. We don't know how Frost plays into the cyber initiative yet, but I think with Sektor's head and possibly body lying around the Lin Kuei with Sub-Zero, Frost definitely has the means to figure it out.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Oh boy, you better prepare yourself for disappointment.
I'm not a Frost fan, I am just throwing it out there what needs to be done with her as a character for me to consider her a worthy addition to the roster, because the Frost we know so far is not that, imo.

So if she'll just be an amalgamation of the cyber ninjas, I've lost nothing. However, if she turns out to be an actual original character, I've gained something. ^^

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Chameleon is a complete mystery, his powers make no sense and that's why nobody respects them. Triborg has a legit reason to be the way he is, and it would help further cement him as the leader of the cyborg ninjas and the most powerful of his kind.

The only drawback I see with this is Cyrax. He's a cyborg with an actual identity, and I'd hate to lose him like that. Cyber Smoke, Cyber Sub and even Hyrdo serve the game better as just special moves/loadouts since their counterparts have moved on to better things and are even more popular in their human forms. Triborg is Sektor's wet dream, it's everything he ever wanted to be. So it can be a good evolution for the character. Maybe have Sektor become the dominant mind and just axe Triborg all together (it's a stupid fucking name anyway). Have Sektor be the leader of the Tekunin, but let him keep the powers of the cyborgs who will probably never be playable in the next 10 years.
This would actually be AWESOME story wise for Sektor. Give him a bit more than just wanting to turn the lin kuei cyber. I don't remember anything about triborg's lore so...

Frost could find sektor's head/memory banks before defecting from the Sub lead Lin Kuei. Use his his memory banks to create a new cyber initiative but in the process, using his memory banks, basically inserts sektor into the mainframe and he constructs himself a new body and downloads all cyborg abilities into it's database before inserting his memory banks into said body.

He now can use all cyborg abilities at will and then we'd have a reason for a triborg type character, a reason why sektor can use a bunch of abilities, etc.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm betting Frost is the only Cyber ninja we see in MK11. It's a shame too, because the generic cybernetic soldiers we see in those story clips and that cybernetic stage look incredible.

I know Boon has stated he doesn't want to repeat DLC, but personally, I'd happily pay for Cyrax and Sektor's return. Technically, they were their own separate characters, it wouldn't be a repeat, because they appeared as a Triborg variation only in MKX. With 12 total DLC, I hope two spots are saved for them.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
They could easily retcon their appearence though. We were told Kabal needed his mask to be able to breathe, but as of MK11 it is now considered as a cosmetic that can be removed with no adverse effect.
Yeah that actually bugged me in the beta. I kept wondering why there was an option for him to remove the mask.

I did enjoy the human skins for Sektor and Cyrax quite a bit. I liked how they still had the same moves but they just animated differently. Honestly I just never really liked the whole robot thing to begin with.

Outworld Slasher

Cannibalistic Humanoid Fleshpit Dweller
I'm unfortunately inclined to think that Frost will probably be the only cyborg representative in MK11. It's a shame too, since I love the whole concept of the klassic Cyber Ninjas, and Sektor himself especially. That being said though, I have hope for Cyber-Frost to be interesting and well done as a character. I've always been a big fan of hers since MKDA, and to finally see her get the proper NRS treatment is going to be a treat, especially with a cyborg twist to further differentiate from her Sub-Zero.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think IF the cyborgs are in, they won't be released as triborg, but they'll be released separately. I'm betting on Sektor and Cyrax making it since Frost seems like she'll replace cyber-sub.